Highlights greatest catches in UM history, but they get increasingly crazier

Advertisement
The greatest catch in football history is Irvin over Dodge in 1987.

Advertisement

WRONG.

Greatest was by @Nick41594 when he made the legendary "open browser tabs" catch of @reidz5 and nun ****.

It's a moment in history where you will never forget where you were and what you were doing when you watched the magical celebration that culminated with @Lil Bryant 305 thunderous spiking of the ball on the mid field logo.

No Shockey v. FSU, no Winslow v. WVU, No Copeland vs. FSU in 91, No Hill vs. Texas in Cotton Bowl. Who TF put this together?
There‘s a difference between greatest display of hands and most important.

Shockey‘s TD not only won the game it put an exclamation point on ‘Miami is Back!’. But it wasn’t some great display of skill.

Winlsow vs WVU, I agree. Great display of hands and allowed Miami to drive and win the game.

Hill vs Texas was just a bomb and showboating. I‘m assuming you’re referring to his post-catch gunfight in the tunnel. Classic Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Eddie Brown fade from Kosar to beat the Gaytors in 84?

Matt Waters’ interception to beat BC in 2001? I mean, any catch by a wrapped up DT…

And no Rosier-Langham to beat FSU at the Choke? But include a lesser catch vs GT?

And in a rather meaningless game how about Ryan Clement-Daryl Jones at BC, 22 yards on 3rd-and-17, to win 45-44 in 2 OT? Meaningless game, but the game after the 47-0 loss at FSU. Edge had 32 carries 276 yards, 3 TDs

Last edited:
There‘s a difference between greatest display of hands and most important.

Shockey‘s TD not only won the game it put an exclamation point on ‘Miami is Back!’. But it wasn’t some great display of skill.

Winlsow vs WVU, I agree. Great display of hands and allowed Miami to drive and win the game.

Hill vs Texas was just a bomb and showboating. I‘m assuming you’re referring to his post-catch gunfight in the tunnel. Classic Canes!
Oh, and here I thought the video was titled: “Greatest Catches in UM History.” Maybe he should have put an asterisk

*greatest display of hands in some games and plays that meant nothing and many we lost.

Oh, and here I thought the video was titled: “Greatest Catches in UM History.” Maybe he should have put an asterisk

*greatest display of hands in some games and plays that meant nothing and many we lost.
Fair enough. Maybe ‘Greatest catches’ vs ‘Biggest catches’.

The video also seems like there were neither in the 80s. Not enough footage to pirate.

:)

Advertisement
Wild how many social media accounts and podcasts exist for a team that is not relevant and is kind of a running joke.

Somehow the team is more popular than ever. Can anyone explain that?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back