great night for UM football...

This makes a lot of sense. Here is how I see not replacing Coach D, which is my unresolved issue. Golden and D came into a mess. The mess got worse and they stuck it out. Golden may be overly loyal to Coach D, however, not letting D show what he can do on a level playing field would be poor as well, especially if the defense being run is Al's defense. So I am over that. If nothing improves, they both need to go.

I support the success of the program above all as well. But I don't think that is the case for everyone who says that (not you). They allow their personal butthurt to get in the way. Otherwise, how can someone say they only want what is best for the program, yet their main focus on this recruiting board is to **** all over the coaching staff EVERY chance they get knowing full well that local coaches, families and recruits read the board.

That makes no sense to me. The common answer is I am Pro-Miami not anti-Golden. Yet Pro-Miami would be wanting the best players on the team, not trying to undermine the recruiting efforts, stir **** up and get the coach fired because they believe the unnamed coach we don't have will do a better job.

Is Golden overly loyal to Jethro or Kehoe too? Why not make changes there as well?

As for Coach D, I don't think he is BEST for the program so I think he and Jethro/Kehoe are hurting the program. Al's loyalty will affect the rest of his career as well as his stint at Miami. I think all of this contributes to what is NOT best for the program or ANTI-Miami. We will see.

I don't think I am undermining anything. I am not on social media, I am posting on a message board. The thing that hurts the recruiting efforts (ABOVE ALL) is our actual performance and the effort of the coaching staff (towards recruiting). It isn't some poster (ME) on a message board stating his thoughts.

Like I said, all is forgotten if the 1-3 items above happen.

Advertisement
i don't know if we can really question the efforts of the staff towards recruiting. we can certainly question some evaluations, but, effort, i don't think so.

5xnc we have some dopey clueless posters on here that's why you will see some questioning the effort by the staff when it comes to recruiting.

He didn't go MIA. He was in constant contact with Blake James, the only one that matters. He did nothing wrong. I can't blame him for looking at an opportunity at his alma mater, everyone has a right to look at what be believes might be a better opportunity.

Advertisement
i don't know if we can really question the efforts of the staff towards recruiting. we can certainly question some evaluations, but, effort, i don't think so.

Reading comprehension please.

I only said those things affect recruiting, not that the staff didn't put in the proper effort.

i misunderstood. you said the things that hurt recruiting are our efforts on the field and the efforts of the staff towards recruiting.

That is a stretch. I feel fine, and have been fine with it. We always know when we have a coach that there are the possibility of a few jobs catching their eye. With Golden, we always knew that if the Penn State job opened, he would take a look. He played there. He is from the North. It is a pretty good job in a college football only town. He took a look. I can't blame him for that. He didn't need to ask me. I am an adult. I have a job that I like, but if a potentially better job came along, or one that was at a place I always thought I would like to end up -- I would take a look. Then after a decision was made I would move on.

He moved on. No one knows the Penn State details. People on here don't like him so they said he didn't get the job. Or that he forced their hand into taking Coach D and that broke the deal. But no one knows the details.

Al Golden is the coach of Miami. I am rooting for him to succeed here. We have built up momentum in recruiting. Both big recruits yesterday mentioned Golden. They have moved on and committed to the U. Yet adults here act like high school girls who just their boyfriend talking to another girl.

Here is the disconnect.

Golden has a bias (Penn State), the Miami fans (you and I) have a bias. So I support the program and what is best for the program above what is best for AG. I understand Golden wanted that job and that is cool, that is not my issue. The way he handled it is my issue. He was MIA for a week. This is kind of common knowledge for the fan base, the exact details may never be known.

First, he should have had his agent working on it. Then he could have went for a final interview (if necessary). Instead AG went and was MIA.

Second, he should have been here finishing recruiting and focused on his current job. The school reached out to him and there was no communication.

Your example with your job only affects a few people (no disrespect, I am the same). Al's job affected a ton of people and a recruiting class (not sure you remember how it ended in 2014). The way you handle your job and job search is your business. Don't blame the company you work for if you don't respond to their request for a status (hey, what's going on?) because they have their bias (the going concern).

I am hurt because our team went through Duke, VT and UL last year like __________ (insert crappy adjective). I am hurt because AG didn't make any changes this past off season. I am hurt because of the above. I am hurt as an alumni to watch this coach handle the PSU debacle.

I want Al (at MIAMI) because I support the program. I would be happy to see the following:

1. Win the coastal,
2. Actual Improvement in the ACC (6-2, 7-1 or 8-0), and
3. 10 Wins before the Post-Season

I am glad Al is recruiting and getting these studs. He needs to keep doing it as that is his job and what he is paid to do. Now he has to develop them and win MORE games. All is forgiven, even my sore **** and butt hurt, if Al does the above.

I support the success of the program above all.

Wow a person who has a problem with golden explaining it in a articulate post without bashing Golden or other posters. If only more of the people who don't like Golden would act like this we might be able to get somewhere.

Advertisement
We'll see what happens as the season unfolds and signing day approaches. Today though, at least on the recruiting front, it was certainly a good day.

He didn't go MIA. He was in constant contact with Blake James, the only one that matters. He did nothing wrong. I can't blame him for looking at an opportunity at his alma mater, everyone has a right to look at what be believes might be a better opportunity.

Complete bull**** and this is how you separate the people who blindly love and follow Golden from rational Golden lovers. He wasn't in contact with anybody at Miami and he did do something wrong. In the dead period of recruiting, he stopped answering phone calls from his players, recruits, and employers. Looking at you alma mater? Good for him. Can't blame him at all especially if he thought it was a better opportunity. But I can blame him for being unprofessional during the entire process.

He was missing in action. I don't know if you know anything about Donna Shalala, but nothing happens at the school without her knowledge. Four days into his Golden's absence, she releases a terse statement to the media of, "We don't know anything yet." (http://articles.philly.com/2014-01-06/sports/45885472_1_al-golden-brett-senior-bill-o-brien) while Blake James says the day before that he and Golden were chatting regularly. He actively pursued the job and that's why he wouldn't answer phone calls and say, "I'm just looking guys." Anyone that believes otherwise is a blind Golden supporter who doesn't want to admit that he tried to ditch the school in the middle of the night.

It happened 7 months ago, during a dead period. Amounted to very little other than fans who were already ****ed at the way the season ended getting more angry with Golden.

Get over it.

Its great to be!!!!!! The golden haters are in hibernation lol

AG haters? Why because we're tired of hearing the excuses and want to play a more agressive style of D? Do you think people who dont care about AG want Miami to lose you ****en moron?

Advertisement
That is a stretch. I feel fine, and have been fine with it. We always know when we have a coach that there are the possibility of a few jobs catching their eye. With Golden, we always knew that if the Penn State job opened, he would take a look. He played there. He is from the North. It is a pretty good job in a college football only town. He took a look. I can't blame him for that. He didn't need to ask me. I am an adult. I have a job that I like, but if a potentially better job came along, or one that was at a place I always thought I would like to end up -- I would take a look. Then after a decision was made I would move on.

He moved on. No one knows the Penn State details. People on here don't like him so they said he didn't get the job. Or that he forced their hand into taking Coach D and that broke the deal. But no one knows the details.

Al Golden is the coach of Miami. I am rooting for him to succeed here. We have built up momentum in recruiting. Both big recruits yesterday mentioned Golden. They have moved on and committed to the U. Yet adults here act like high school girls who just their boyfriend talking to another girl.

Here is the disconnect.

Golden has a bias (Penn State), the Miami fans (you and I) have a bias. So I support the program and what is best for the program above what is best for AG. I understand Golden wanted that job and that is cool, that is not my issue. The way he handled it is my issue. He was MIA for a week. This is kind of common knowledge for the fan base, the exact details may never be known.

First, he should have had his agent working on it. Then he could have went for a final interview (if necessary). Instead AG went and was MIA.

Second, he should have been here finishing recruiting and focused on his current job. The school reached out to him and there was no communication.

Your example with your job only affects a few people (no disrespect, I am the same). Al's job affected a ton of people and a recruiting class (not sure you remember how it ended in 2014). The way you handle your job and job search is your business. Don't blame the company you work for if you don't respond to their request for a status (hey, what's going on?) because they have their bias (the going concern).

I am hurt because our team went through Duke, VT and UL last year like __________ (insert crappy adjective). I am hurt because AG didn't make any changes this past off season. I am hurt because of the above. I am hurt as an alumni to watch this coach handle the PSU debacle.

I want Al (at MIAMI) because I support the program. I would be happy to see the following:

1. Win the coastal,
2. Actual Improvement in the ACC (6-2, 7-1 or 8-0), and
3. 10 Wins before the Post-Season

I am glad Al is recruiting and getting these studs. He needs to keep doing it as that is his job and what he is paid to do. Now he has to develop them and win MORE games. All is forgiven, even my sore **** and butt hurt, if Al does the above.

I support the success of the program above all.

Wow a person who has a problem with golden explaining it in a articulate post without bashing Golden or other posters. If only more of the people who don't like Golden would act like this we might be able to get somewhere.

If this board is not sensitive enough for you little ****** ,you can take yourself to 247 that ***** board that dont allow people to disagree

It happened 7 months ago, during a dead period. Amounted to very little other than fans who were already ****ed at the way the season ended getting more angry with Golden.

Get over it.

Oh yeah, and a lost recruit. And tons of speculation from other coaches who used it against UM in recruiting. It was negligent behavior by Golden.

Get over it.

Oh yeah, and a lost recruit. And tons of speculation from other coaches who used it against UM in recruiting. It was negligent behavior by Golden.

Wait. I thought we lost that recruit because of scheme? Just trying to get my stories straight.

And it was 7 months ago. Get over it.

Advertisement

Get over it.

I will get over it when he delivers 1, 2 & 3.

Winning cures all. 90 points to Duke and VT does not.

Get over it.

I will get over it when he delivers 1, 2 & 3.

Winning cures all. 90 points to Duke and VT does not.

One way to help with the cure is recruiting talent. A good way to stockpile talent is momentum.

I'll take that over being sad because Golden visited State College for New Years.

One way to help with the cure is recruiting talent. A good way to stockpile talent is momentum.

I'll take that over being sad because Golden visited State College for New Years.

Agreed. Will Scarlett or Bruce help us win games in 2014? I got it, keep recruiting and bringing in talent. Then develop that talent.

Side note: I think you confused the word sad with disgusted and Golden with a con-artist.

JUST WIN, BABY!

Get over it.

Wait. I thought we lost that recruit because of scheme? Just trying to get my stories straight.

And it was 7 months ago. Get over it.

No, we lost Brandon Powell because Golden ****ed up. Plain and simple. There's nothing to "get over." If you want people to stop bringing up the things a coach has done, maybe you shouldn't follow sports or post on a message board.

Advertisement
Back