Great news on Jenkins

zach kane played lb at temple. was originally, a miami commit.
my friend is a football coach in philly who coached jalen strong, gerald bowman, and david williams.
i know two miami players from early 2000's. thomas carroll (happens to be jr smith's cousin) and a guy who was on practice squad.
also, al golden brother lived by me in nj. he was a cop and now is a county sheriff.

Advertisement
the practice squad guy told me that he still talks to alot of the um guys. he said because of his family roots no one says nothing but "chick is overrated because of his name." the perception is aqm is the only guy right now that would have played on the early 2000 teams.

Neggged to OBLIVIOOOON!!!!! CANE4LIFE what you think this is bruh.... Nobody want to hear no good news on this board.... If you want to get some rep on this board start 55 threads on Cook 25 on Lane 10-15 on missing out on Dixon n Rudolph.and other recruits goldeen didnt put enough effort in recruiting.... Oh yeah another lil secret if u want ******s really on your jock start 50-100 threads on Firing Golden and D'onofrio and add it in your avi and status to let them know u mean business... You're a vet u know better the canes way and the only way is to be NEGATIVE as FVCK!!!!!

By the way Great post Jenkins gonna be the bagman like James Caan on "way of the gun"

Guilty about be neg on D and coaches. BUT not this class. It frigging outstanding. Dline actually looks much better than the Oline class that is coming in and that is say soemthing. Jenkins, Valentine,Moten and the Juco kids give me twitches. Chad and the DEs make my eye roll back. In defference to your comment, I will not add BUT ......

My post was sarcasm... Basically saying majority posters on here dont like good news... Hence the post count since the OP started it... Go look at a thread about someone thats not commited or not coming or anything negative and you'll see the thread thrive off pure ignorance within a short period of time

The work this kid put in during the offseason is amazing. He looked soft and doughy now in his highlights he looks rock solid. Nice find.

Advertisement
the practice squad guy told me that he still talks to alot of the um guys. he said because of his family roots no one says nothing but "chick is overrated because of his name." the perception is aqm is the only guy right now that would have played on the early 2000 teams.

Not exactly groundbreaking stuff there. Though to be fair, Chick should not be playing at the size he's playing at. He's a solid 4-3 DE better suited against the run, but his productivity has gone steadily down the bigger he's gotten and the more they have tried to make him into something he's not.

Granted he was not exactly on course to become the GOAT here, but I still think he could have been a very good DE for us. Instead, he's been misused, mostly because we just dont have anyone else.

The work this kid put in during the offseason is amazing. He looked soft and doughy now in his highlights he looks rock solid. Nice find.

That's called good evaluation. This was where Butch Davis EXCELLED. You find a kid who is making plays and showing good potential, and HASNT had the benefit of top notch coaching, conditioning, and specialty camps. Then they blow up at the next level. This is also why he always said he was leery of many kids in Texas. Because so many programs in Texas spend so much time and money building kids up in HS, that many of them are maxed out, and dont have much room to improve at the next level. A perfect explanation for why Texas has been so mediocre for years now. Too many "blue chippers" from Texas, who have had every ounce of development squeezed out of them already.

[]_[]nique-31;1744071 said:
Yawn

He'll be told to engage blocks and keep contain here

Not allowed to rush the passer here

I guess Wilkerson and Knighton defied all odds.

They racked up sacks at Temple.

U guess D'Onofrio just decided to not let his DL rush the passer after proven success at Temple?

Against the Mac!

But they were MAC level recruits, genius.

Yawn

U guess D'Onofrio just decided to not let his DL rush the passer after proven success at Temple?

Against the Mac!

He's right against the MAC which is why it didn't translate when they got to the pros......oh wait

Advertisement
Yawn

Against the Mac!

He's right against the MAC which is why it didn't translate when they got to the pros......oh wait

exactly. it seems to be doing well in places like the afc east.

I just lol at the posters who bash our scheme in terms of DL recruits.

Hey Muhammad Wilkerson an Terrance Knighton both played in this scheme at temple, and guess what??? They developed into NFL players and starters for that matter!

This is why I hold out hope and don't have the stupidity to assume I know more than they do, even though my Madden Xbox record would suggest otherwise.

But at the same time it is also why it is a fair critique and say they have failed at this position so far. Because of you can find and develop animals like Wilkerson and Knighton at Temple of all places where college football goes to die. You should have found and developed at least one by year 3. And that is a fair and rational critique

I just lol at the posters who bash our scheme in terms of DL recruits.

Hey Muhammad Wilkerson an Terrance Knighton both played in this scheme at temple, and guess what??? They developed into NFL players and starters for that matter!

This is why I hold out hope and don't have the stupidity to assume I know more than they do, even though my Madden Xbox record would suggest otherwise.

But at the same time it is also why it is a fair critique and say they have failed at this position so far. Because of you can find and develop animals like Wilkerson and Knighton at Temple of all places where college football goes to die. You should have found and developed at least one by year 3. And that is a fair and rational critique

Agreed. I think Coach D is a very average coordinator (not a bad thing when you have the best talent like they did in the MAC) but him and Golden (or maybe just Golden) have an eye for talent. Being able to find those kids and put them up against MAC teams showed what overall talent can do.

I too still feel like our D can improve drastically, mostly cuz it can't get much worse, but I think coach D is going to be nothing but average while here. Our talent is what will save this defense just like it did at temple unfortunately though, there just isn't much of that.

Advertisement
Yeah but here's the thing when golden and d got to temple they didn't have high level Mac talent, they had to find develop players to get to a level where they were a talented MAC team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back