Great interview and I believe very telling

Fzac75

Sophomore
Premium
Great interview by an all time great player and I believe up and coming coach. But folks what I find telling is the fact they used highlights of those bad *** teams and bad *** moments. This is a University of Miami produced film, and they used video of those "renegade" moments in it. Do I believe we will return to those antics? No, sadly. But what I see in this is a shift within the University and their attitude towards those teams. For many years the University has tried to distance themselves from those teams in regards to the attitudes and behavior, but from what I have seen in this University produced film is embracing those guys and the attitude they had, the mindset. I don't think I am reading too much into it, but as far as it goes, I believe this is big in the sense of creating an internal atmosphere within the program, and that we just finally might see the University accepting the entirety of the team and not just the results.

Either way great video and just a continuation of this program doing a great job of marketing the brand, especially for recruiting[video=youtube_share;Ak76DJvbqOU]http://youtu.be/Ak76DJvbqOU[/video]

Advertisement
I know these are on the Miami athletic department site, but who produces these? Are they made by students? They always feel a bit amateur with their cheesy looking graphics and editing. The editing is especially evident at the end of every video where it flashes to the 'Mind Games' song. This one wasn't as bad as some others, but check out the abrupt change in the 'U 225' video at about the 2 minute mark.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy these (as really I enjoy anything Miami related) and maybe I just got spoiled by the 3 Penny Films 'Raising Canes' series, but I hope we aren't paying someone to make these.

not to get off the track but barrow's hit on vanover , if it happened this year he would be ejected . pretty sad

Advertisement
Man...what happenned to this attitude and mind set. I guess at times we have to recruit what we can get and hope they change their mindset. Barrow symbolizes the U mindset we all came to cheer for. I guess when someone says "we back"...this is the mindset we need to have to really be back. JMO

Perhaps Shalala and the admin finally learned that a few years of a top 40 US News ranking isn't going to change the fact that the ole boys network will ALWAYS resent us for our past, and embracing our past gives us strength.

There was nothing like seeing the pure joy and exuberance that those old teams always played with...

To me there was nothing better to watch on Saturdays back then, it is really rare in this world full of so many miserable, joyless pricks to see such unchecked emotion in those old Miami teams, GREAT times...

Advertisement
Perhaps Shalala and the admin finally learned that a few years of a top 40 US News ranking isn't going to change the fact that the ole boys network will ALWAYS resent us for our past, and embracing our past gives us strength.

Drop dead, thanks.

Man...what happenned to this attitude and mind set. I guess at times we have to recruit what we can get and hope they change their mindset. Barrow symbolizes the U mindset we all came to cheer for. I guess when someone says "we back"...this is the mindset we need to have to really be back. JMO

Thing is its not like we've been seeing other teams emulating what we did. That type of team wide attitude and mindset was one of a kind. Even a dominant team like Alabama is now wasn't **** compared to those Miami teams when it comes to balls and swag.

We probably won't ever see anything like it again thanks to the pathetic pussification of sports.

Thing is its not like we've been seeing other teams emulating what we did. That type of team wide attitude and mindset was one of a kind. Even a dominant team like Alabama is now wasn't **** compared to those Miami teams when it comes to balls and swag.

We probably won't ever see anything like it again thanks to the pathetic pussification of sports.
+1000.

U know i was thinking about it when Canesfreak made that all time plays video. The team identified with the city back then. The city embraced it even if we were hated everywhere else.

Advertisement
Unfortunately we still get called out for celebrating more than any other team as we continue to pay for the past and the ill conceived notions credited to them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back