Great Article - The Athletic Miami State of the Program

The IPF was a start; but they need to upgrade the overall complex. And for all the naysayers, what always happens when a kid come here? They said, the campus was great love the smaller classes. They go to Athens, OSU, Bama, and their reply was “the facilities were amazing” They just embellish about that.

We’re not dealing w yesterday’s generation; these mofos are licking ice cream & putting it back on the shelf b/c they saw other kids do it via social media! They’re impressionable af! So yeah, I have to admit, all that chit matters. We need to upgrade the lockers & complex. Can’t pat the back b/c a IPF was built
Facts, why just settle for the bare minimum?Keep pushing the envelope to be among the best because right now even with the impressive ipf we aren’t there yet and that’s just the truth. Right now there are sunbelt and many power 5 schools who have better looking lockerooms than Miami. Needs to be a priority

Advertisement
The IPF was a start; but they need to upgrade the overall complex. And for all the naysayers, what always happens when a kid come here? They said, the campus was great love the smaller classes. They go to Athens, OSU, Bama, and their reply was “the facilities were amazing” They just embellish about that.

We’re not dealing w yesterday’s generation; these mofos are licking ice cream & putting it back on the shelf b/c they saw other kids do it via social media! They’re impressionable af! So yeah, I have to admit, all that chit matters. We need to upgrade the lockers & complex. Can’t pat the back b/c a IPF was built

The IPF, as fantastic as it is, was Miami finally joining the 21st Century. We couldn't celebrate it too much because it was so long overdue it was comical. It's like a 16 year old coming out on the block bragging about getting his first bike...

The lockerroom and other areas of the sports complex are just as vital unfortunately in this showy, social media era when it is super easy for any kid to see who's got what. As you said, kids today are super impressionable - especially when you've got recruiters whispering in their ears to take a hard look at UM's facilities.

There's no way around it. We've got to do it, and I hope we do it soon after the season ends.

New Miami player lounge . . .

I saw Something today saying uf new football complex will be about 85 million dollars and I know FSU is getting one too. Miami better not getting complacent because their facilities will look outdated real fast and that’s just facts
Ol Blake James didn't say anything about a stand alone football facility. He was more focused on finding a place for our rowers to row and getting a scoreboard for volleyball. The money spent on the dorms could have gotten us this
53fd164678b40.image.jpg

Advertisement
The IPF, as fantastic as it is, was Miami finally joining the 21st Century. We couldn't celebrate it too much because it was so long overdue it was comical. It's like a 16 year old coming out on the block bragging about getting his first bike...

The lockerroom and other areas of the sports complex are just as vital unfortunately in this showy, social media era when it is super easy for any kid to see who's got what. As you said, kids today are super impressionable - especially when you've got recruiters whispering in their ears to take a hard look at UM's facilities.

There's no way around it. We've got to do it, and I hope we do it soon after the season ends.

@Rellyrell

The $1.5 million project began in late April and is now complete ahead of fall camp starting next week. The refreshing of the Gators' locker room at the Swamp is a project that will benefit the program immediately.

This upgrade only cost 1.5 million and it looks significantly better than what it was before.

@Rellyrell

The $1.5 million project began in late April and is now complete ahead of fall camp starting next week. The refreshing of the Gators' locker room at the Swamp is a project that will benefit the program immediately.

This upgrade only cost 1.5 million and it looks significantly better than what it was before.

All I've been saying is that we don't have to go all UGA on our locker room, but we can stand a face lift. $1.5m - $2m should be able to do the trick.

All I've been saying is that we don't have to go all UGA on our locker room, but we can stand a face lift. $1.5m - $2m should be able to do the trick.
And that should be feasible for sure, probably a little more because the player lounge needs a makeover too

Ol Blake James didn't say anything about a stand alone football facility. He was more focused on finding a place for our rowers to row and getting a scoreboard for volleyball. The money spent on the dorms could have gotten us this
View attachment 90201
Not sure how a 30,000 seat stadium in Waco would help Miami out.

Advertisement
Also, it costs 1.5 Mil to install some LEDs and replace the carpet? I gotta get into locker room contracting.

Spot on.

New meeting room . I wonder If we start hearing about the other things in play for facility development

New meeting room . I wonder If we start hearing about the other things in play for facility development

Absolutely love it.

Just keep building on it.

Also, did u see Jordan Brand’s new custom J’s for The Gaytes?? They already gone viral. Smh.

Advertisement
View attachment 90201

Because the correlation is spot on between Waco ******* Texas and Coral Gables. Were you the only member of the Branch Davidian Cult to survive?

Is our Miami fan community going to show the same patience Clemson did with Dabo?

Will there be pitchforks and torches on Calle Ocho (ahora!!!) If a team hangs 77 on Miami like WVU did to the Tigers??

Absolutely love it.

Just keep building on it.

Also, did u see Jordan Brand’s new custom J’s for The Gaytes?? They already gone viral. Smh.
It’s a joke that they got Jordan sponsoring them honestly, are we playing football or basketball? Lol. But yeah I agree, need to keep building the facilities up.

Advertisement
It’s a joke that they got Jordan sponsoring them honestly, are we playing football or basketball? Lol. But yeah I agree, need to keep building the facilities up.

Jordan brand sponsors golf, football, boxing, basketball, futbol...it's no longer a basketball brand pimp. MJ did his thing by partnering w/ Nike. It's no different than Yeezy trying to dip into sports a little, instead of just being viewed as fashion.

Point is, we need some custom Yeezy's. lol.

My fault, it was custom for Dan Mullen....and why this chit is in the Miami Herald really ****es me off. I'm not a fan of these joints (personally I think they are ugly af), but the fact that the coach got some custom shoes by it's sponsor says a lot.

LOL Man, I've had such a long day I read your first post to say BREVIN JORDAN had made custom shoes for the gators game and it had gone viral. That's what I wanted to see! hahahahah

jesus, I need some sleep, bro! :-/

Advertisement
Back