Great Article - The Athletic Miami State of the Program

Advertisement
Is this the one where Blake James compared Manny to Dabo and said it will take 3-5 years? Or is this the one I got a notification about today?

Advertisement
It's behind a paywall, ***hole.

@Canes21 appreciate the comment. typical liberal, wants everything free and handed to them. unable to work for it or figure out a way to read it. I am not copying the article cause the mods will ban you.

so I used this thing, and I know this may be above your reading comprehension, called a free trial. I signed up for the free trial period so I could read the article for free....imagine that! then I will cancel when the free trial is over. holy moly batman!! what a deal!

@Canes21 appreciate the comment. typical liberal, wants everything free and handed to them. unable to work for it or figure out a way to read it. I am not copying the article cause the mods will ban you.

so I used this thing, and I know this may be above your reading comprehension, called a free trial. I signed up for the free trial period so I could read the article for free....imagine that! then I will cancel when the free trial is over. holy moly batman!! what a deal!

While you're at it give this one a read https://theathletic.com/1069038/201...done-six-months-in-future-scheduling-and-ucf/
“Now, again, we don’t have some of the goofy stuff that some others do with slides or putt-putt golf, things like that they need in those towns in order to keep guys entertained.”

Looks like savage Manny has rubbed off on Blake James.

Why politicize this thread? You think that's appropriate for a football board? There's enough division/polarization in this country as it is, precisely because of politics. Save it for Twitter, jack.

Advertisement
UCF looking scary like the gator out here
20190709_181057.jpg

James also said that they will continue to modernize the facilities but that housing on campus is the main focus right now with a hitting facility for the baseball team being next. He mentioned that expanding the weight room for basketball was on the list along with scoreboards for baseball, volleyball and track, indoor facility for tennis, and find finding a place for our rowers to row (lol).

The fact that they just dropped like 300M's on dorms let's u know the money is there. Baylor just dropped that much on a state of the art stadium that would be the perfect size for Miami. There is really no difference between Baylor and Miami. If they can find the money, Miami should be able to easily.

UCF looking scary like the gator out here View attachment 89792

James also said that they will continue to modernize the facilities but that housing on campus is the main focus right now with a hitting facility for the baseball team being next. He mentioned that expanding the weight room for basketball was on the list along with scoreboards for baseball, volleyball and track, indoor facility for tennis, and find finding a place for our rowers to row (lol).

The fact that they just dropped like 300M's on dorms let's u know the money is there. Baylor just dropped that much on a state of the art stadium that would be the perfect size for Miami. There is really no difference between Baylor and Miami. If they can find the money, Miami should be able to easily.
Get the **** locker rooms and player lounge renovated. That’s what Miami is lacking from the other elite facilities at this point. Everything else is in place

Advertisement
Get the **** locker rooms and player lounge renovated. That’s what Miami is lacking from the other elite facilities at this point. Everything else is in place
The only thing he was bragging about on the football side was the coaches offices that are being done.

Something this nice only costs 1M

Is this the one where Blake James compared Manny to Dabo and said it will take 3-5 years? Or is this the one I got a notification about today?

It took Dabo a lot longer than 3-5 years. Took over halfway through 2008, first full year 2009.

Wound up winning the ACC year three (2011) only to get boat-raced in the Orange Bowl, 70-33 by West Virginia.

Looked like a national title contender in 2013, but rocked at home (as the #3 team in the nation) by #5 Florida State, 51-14. Lost in Tallahassee the next year, two—keeping the Tigers from winning the Atlantic in back-to-back seasons—after getting clobbered by Georgia in the opener, 45-21 and laying a late-season egg at Georgia Tech, 28-6.

Finally, fully turned that corner and became a power by 2015—his seventh full season at Clemson. Prior to that he was close, but still dropped key games that cost his teat the division or a shot at something bigger—the types of games our fan base would destroy a head coach over; falling to mid-tier in-conference foes, or taking those big beatings (West Virginia, Florida State) on the national stage that would have fans calling for his head the next day.

These comparisons of head coaches when they're on top—in comparison to on-the-rise coaches—is never a good jumping off point, as everyone only remembers Dabo circa 2015-2018. Nobody (but Clemson fans) remember 2009-2014 and all those years they were close, but **** the bed and laid eggs.

Manny has some talent on this squad, as well as familiarity with the defense—but it takes time to build contenders, as it does turning contenders into champions. Dabo had contenders—2012-2014—before finally turning that corner and fielding a champion.

Translation; the Canes are going to have to get to that big time place and lose before they learn how to win—hence why the goal this season is to win the lowly Coastal and to at least get a crack at Clemson in the ACC title game. Need to take some lumps and build for the future, while also getting some wins today.

It took Dabo a lot longer than 3-5 years. Took over halfway through 2008, first full year 2009.

Wound up winning the ACC year three (2011) only to get boat-raced in the Orange Bowl, 70-33 by West Virginia.

Looked like a national title contender in 2013, but rocked at home (as the #3 team in the nation) by #5 Florida State, 51-14. Lost in Tallahassee the next year, two—keeping the Tigers from winning the Atlantic in back-to-back seasons—after getting clobbered by Georgia in the opener, 45-21 and laying a late-season egg at Georgia Tech, 28-6.

Finally, fully turned that corner and became a power by 2015—his seventh full season at Clemson. Prior to that he was close, but still dropped key games that cost his teat the division or a shot at something bigger—the types of games our fan base would destroy a head coach over; falling to mid-tier in-conference foes, or taking those big beatings (West Virginia, Florida State) on the national stage that would have fans calling for his head the next day.

These comparisons of head coaches when they're on top—in comparison to on-the-rise coaches—is never a good jumping off point, as everyone only remembers Dabo circa 2015-2018. Nobody (but Clemson fans) remember 2009-2014 and all those years they were close, but **** the bed and laid eggs.

Manny has some talent on this squad, as well as familiarity with the defense—but it takes time to build contenders, as it does turning contenders into champions. Dabo had contenders—2012-2014—before finally turning that corner and fielding a champion.

Translation; the Canes are going to have to get to that big time place and lose before they learn how to win—hence why the goal this season is to win the lowly Coastal and to at least get a crack at Clemson in the ACC title game. Need to take some lumps and build for the future, while also getting some wins today.
Yeah I was only quoting James when he said it will take 3-5 years to be competing for titles.

I think Manny is walking into a better situation than Dabo did. More talented team and a better program than 2009 Clemson. If Manny can get some recruiters on the staff, I think he can cut Dabo's time in half.

Advertisement

Excellent post.

I pay more in taxes than you make annually.

Still, cutting Dabo’s time in half means 4-5yrs. Will the fan base have the patience to wait it out that long, especially if we take drubbings like Clemson did those early years, to realize that it’s an uphill climb to the mountain top and that we just don’t leapfrog up there or parachute in? I pray so, to me when Manolo moves the needle forward that hopefully all will see (or the vast majority) that we are moving in the right direction.

Typical ah who's happy with corporate/wealthy welfare and too stupid to realize one can share paid for literature. Bet if you went to his house, the AH doesn't want you reading his newspaper because he paid for it.

Advertisement
Back