Great article on the History of Miami uniforms

800px-Miami_at_Houston_during_the_1957_American_football_season.jpg

UM in the dark uniforms. Too bad it's B&W but probably our green jerseys with gold helmets. Out of the four Miami players, the only one over 200 was #78 who was a giant at 5'11", 213. Every other Miami player was under 200. The guy in the back wearing #50, with a helmet that looks too big for his head, became one of the greatest to ever play the game.

Advertisement
View attachment 130519

UM in the dark uniforms. Too bad it's B&W but probably our green jerseys with gold helmets. Out of the four Miami players, the only one over 200 was #78 who was a giant at 5'11", 213. Every other Miami player was under 200. The guy in the back wearing #50, with a helmet that looks too big for his head, became one of the greatest to ever play the game.
Jim Otto, not many centers in Canton Ohio. Those face masks were the best!

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Pimp

Pimp my ***....I ain't Pimpin it....1st MFer that would've come up to me and asked, "Don't ya miss the days of Holtz"???...I'd of fought....
BUT THEY ARE OUR UNIFORMS!!!! LOL!!!!! I’m dying at ur disdain for one of our natural throwbacks. Lmao.

Any other old unis u hate like these? What’s ur feelings on the yellow joints we used to rock back in like the 20’s-30’s?

BUT THEY ARE OUR UNIFORMS!!!! LOL!!!!! I’m dying at ur disdain for one of our natural throwbacks. Lmao.

Any other old unis u hate like these? What’s ur feelings on the yellow joints we used to rock back in like the 20’s-30’s?

@caneinorlando was just a kid back in the 20s-30s...

But he's got some incredible daguerreotypes of himself with Bowman Foster Ashe, George Merrick, and Jack Harding...

Advertisement
93/94 Orange Jerseys....Thats Coach Dave Arnold...Froggy Shipman far left...Fastest **** I've ever seen at UM...
@The Franchise ....Nice Group...
View attachment 130492

Some grade A studs there. James Stewart had the talent to be an All pro for 10 years. Dude was a beast and there's a reason he was called "Superman". Froggy was a stud. Larry was unbelievable. 245 pounds of muscle after shedding ALL that weight the year before and Danyell was solid.,

Advertisement
Some grade A studs there. James Stewart had the talent to be an All pro for 10 years. Dude was a beast and there's a reason he was called "Superman". Froggy was a stud. Larry was unbelievable. 245 pounds of muscle after shedding ALL that weight the year before and Danyell was solid.,
Larry beat the Noles basically...and Stewart ran all over them in 94...Froggy was the Fastest Cane I've ever seen running on Turf...

Those Yellow ones were Doozys.....Fit me like ****.....
Just curious; any particular reason y we rocked yellow once upon a time? Our colors have been orange, green, & white. When I peeped our uniform archive, I was shocked to see what we used to rock, color scheme wise.

Advertisement
Just curious; any particular reason y we rocked yellow once upon a time? Our colors have been orange, green, & white. When I peeped our uniform archive, I was shocked to see what we used to rock, color scheme wise.
You may need to ask one of the historians here or maybe one of the old timers who can remember that long ago but I do believe the university didn't make Orange, green and white the official colors until the 1970's. Once again, I may be remembering it wrong as it was before my time for sure.

@Rellyrell ....Have no idea...Colors aren't even similar...thats what I find odd....To make matters worse...they resemble NDs wayyyy to much...

You may need to ask one of the historians here or maybe one of the old timers who can remember that long ago but I do believe the university didn't make Orange, green and white the official colors until the 1970's. Once again, I may be remembering it wrong as it was before my time for sure.
Really into that chit man; that’s my nerd side....history. Some fans be like leave the past in the past, but I like when companies honor our sports history & bring out classic jerseys, even if they look “goofy” in today’s current jersey format. Do I wanna see them every game? Fck no; but I don’t mind a classic throw back from times past to mark a significant event.

@Rellyrell ....Have no idea...Colors aren't even similar...thats what I find odd....To make matters worse...they resemble NDs wayyyy to much...
Yeah; would love to know where we got these schemes from. Looking at other Universities’ jersey history, our color scheme has changed drastically over the years. Other schools may have changed patterns, hues, designs, etc., but the color scheme has remained pretty consistent. We’ve remained consistent w the O, G, & W since like 70’s, so I can see why fans be like don’t touch our chit. Lol.

Advertisement
Back