GREAT article on the best underclass lb group in the nation

Advertisement
McCloud is going to be the best of the bunch when it's all said and done.

Future first rounder.

This defense is getting serious. Best defense we had in yearssss.. **** being a dolphin and cane fans we haven't seen a legit D in over a decade. We have have a few future first rounders in this defense man. But imo all three linebackers are going first round.. hopefully they stay all 4 years.

Excited for next season...

"Now they understand what they’re lifting weights for now” — conditioning for a 12-game season — 'instead of arbitrarily trying to get bigger.' "

You'd think al would have noticed that his teams collapsed at the end of the season and maybe tried something new. I know, dead horse.

Advertisement
That boy was born a savage!
After arriving on Miami’s campus last January, Michael Pinckney went to the practice field alone and sprinted. On the fence surrounding the field is a scroll of images, 72 in all, of the program’s first-team All-Americans. Pinckney focused on one of them.

He ran up and down the field. Each time he passed Ray Lewis, the greatest of all Hurricanes linebackers, scowling and prowling in his No. 52 jersey. He repeated the same phrase.

“I’m better than you.”

GREAT article. Could quite honestly be the most reliable position group we have on the team this year (Some could argue for the DL). Just have to develop the depth behind them. We got real lucky with these 3.

Advertisement
The only thing that worries me about that article is that Michael Pinckney moved off campus. :sanford:

//Prays to the old Gods and the New Gods that he stays out of trouble// :U5PyXda:

That boy has that "old school" swag and mentality.

That boy was born a savage!
After arriving on Miami’s campus last January, Michael Pinckney went to the practice field alone and sprinted. On the fence surrounding the field is a scroll of images, 72 in all, of the program’s first-team All-Americans. Pinckney focused on one of them.

He ran up and down the field. Each time he passed Ray Lewis, the greatest of all Hurricanes linebackers, scowling and prowling in his No. 52 jersey. He repeated the same phrase.

“I’m better than you.”

GIF-Okay-OK-Agree-Agreeing-Yep-Aw-yeah-Yeah-****-yeah-yes-Clint-Eastwood-nod-nodding-GIF.gif

Advertisement
I thought the same thing, Gables. Keep that Duval boy out of trouble.

The only thing that worries me about that article is that Michael Pinckney moved off campus. :sanford:

//Prays to the old Gods and the New Gods that he stays out of trouble// :U5PyXda:

That boy has that "old school" swag and mentality.

GREAT article. Could quite honestly be the most reliable position group we have on the team this year (Some could argue for the DL). Just have to develop the depth behind them. We got real lucky with these 3.

I don't look at it like luck, these tghree were born and raised as Canes!!!

Legendary...that's the status they are on their way to. Future LBs will be measured against them.

Advertisement
DIAZ is going to be our next HC man. The guy is a beast!!! A heck of a motivator....

“It’s still hard to tell a guy who’s only been on your campus for a year, ‘It’s your time to lead,’” defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Manny Diaz told The Post this week. “The reality is, that’s where we’re at. All that being said, our job is still to create a competition. We try to explain to them that they were the best we had in 2016, but that doesn’t mean they’re the best we have in 2017. Everything wipes clean.”

People need not forget that El Jefe Diaz is not just the DC, but also the LB's Coach...

That's why he gets the MVP for best Coach on staff for the job he did last year with 3 Freshman, losing Grace (who was a starter), Juwon Young & Gordinier.

Plus, calling the Defense on the field and absolutely shut down some of the best Offenses in the country throughout the year, while having minimal help from our Offense plagued with 3 & Out disease for the first half of the season.

DIAZ is going to be our next HC man. The guy is a beast!!! A heck of a motivator....

“It’s still hard to tell a guy who’s only been on your campus for a year, ‘It’s your time to lead,’” defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Manny Diaz told The Post this week. “The reality is, that’s where we’re at. All that being said, our job is still to create a competition. We try to explain to them that they were the best we had in 2016, but that doesn’t mean they’re the best we have in 2017. Everything wipes clean.”

Don't think he's gonna wait 5+ years for a HC job.

Diaz is not gonna HC here.. If Richt gets us back to a team that wins 10-11 games yearly and competing for playoff births.. Richt will be here for at least 10 years because he will be in warm weather year round and in great recruiting grounds.. making coaching in college x10 more tolerable.. The City of Miami is also like a dream place to retire.

Advertisement
Back