GREAT article on the best underclass lb group in the nation

People need not forget that El Jefe Diaz is not just the DC, but also the LB's Coach...

That's why he gets the MVP for best Coach on staff for the job he did last year with 3 Freshman, losing Grace (who was a starter), Juwon Young & Gordinier.

Plus, calling the Defense on the field and absolutely shut down some of the best Offenses in the country throughout the year, while having minimal help from our Offense plagued with 3 & Out disease for the first half of the season.

Facts, Manny showed some real Chess ability this season.

I still think Bimbo and Fuente made him pay opn a few key plays that decided the games but all in all he really impressed me.

Great post

Advertisement
DIAZ is going to be our next HC man. The guy is a beast!!! A heck of a motivator....

“It’s still hard to tell a guy who’s only been on your campus for a year, ‘It’s your time to lead,’” defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Manny Diaz told The Post this week. “The reality is, that’s where we’re at. All that being said, our job is still to create a competition. We try to explain to them that they were the best we had in 2016, but that doesn’t mean they’re the best we have in 2017. Everything wipes clean.”

Don't think he's gonna wait 5+ years for a HC job.

Understandable but the connection is being made now.
If he get a job as a HC elsewhere UM has a relationship with him already to go get him.

The only thing that worries me about that article is that Michael Pinckney moved off campus. :sanford:

//Prays to the old Gods and the New Gods that he stays out of trouble// :U5PyXda:

That boy has that "old school" swag and mentality.

I am fairly certain that players cannot arbitrarily move off campus, they have to earn it (on and off the field and in the classroom) and get approval from the coaches. So for example, I doubt they would allow Haskins or Wright to move off campus.

I would put our Front 7 plus Quan against any team in the country including all the BCS finalists from last season. If Redwine and Young take a step, and we find another 2-3 ballers among Dean, Bandy, Carter, Wright, Finley, Smith, Knowles, James, Jackson and Mayes ... just 2-3 from that huge group ... we're going to win the ACC and smash FSU and Notre Dame in the mouth. We'll score a lot of points on defense with this team. Hard Rock will be deafening on third downs.

Advertisement
DIAZ is going to be our next HC man. The guy is a beast!!! A heck of a motivator....

“It’s still hard to tell a guy who’s only been on your campus for a year, ‘It’s your time to lead,’” defensive coordinator and linebackers coach Manny Diaz told The Post this week. “The reality is, that’s where we’re at. All that being said, our job is still to create a competition. We try to explain to them that they were the best we had in 2016, but that doesn’t mean they’re the best we have in 2017. Everything wipes clean.”
In addition to this being motivational, I believe he is sincerely telling the truth. If one of the sophomore linebackers take plays off or has a slump he knows that there are three hungry incoming freshmen linebackers who want to show that they can contribute immediately too. From what I have seen of Jennings and Steed they have the potential to play some downs in 2017. And they are early enrollment entrants too which could make things even more competitive.

People need not forget that El Jefe Diaz is not just the DC, but also the LB's Coach...

That's why he gets the MVP for best Coach on staff for the job he did last year with 3 Freshman, losing Grace (who was a starter), Juwon Young & Gordinier.

Plus, calling the Defense on the field and absolutely shut down some of the best Offenses in the country throughout the year, while having minimal help from our Offense plagued with 3 & Out disease for the first half of the season.

Did Juwon end up any where? I really liked the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Did Juwon end up any where? I really liked the kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HERDZONE.COM :: Official Athletic Site of Marshall Thundering Herd :: Football

The only thing that worries me about that article is that Michael Pinckney moved off campus. :sanford:

//Prays to the old Gods and the New Gods that he stays out of trouble// :U5PyXda:

That boy has that "old school" swag and mentality.

Man, Do you and I think alike. Kid has Cane quality swag but he needs to keep out of trouble too.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Don't think he's gonna wait 5+ years for a HC job.

Given our experience with promoting assistants to NC, if you want him as NC, he needs to leave and get HC experience. I prefer he stay at DC. Miami is the perfect fit for what his likes defense to be. It is the optimal situation for him. Nothing says he will be a great HC.

I have seen comments that Pinckney has regressed a little and that Owens has moved ahead of him.

IF true that could be great thing. A breast on the bench grabbing your snaps everything you slip back a little is old school Cane. I love this three kids but I would love 4 or 5 guys clawing at them for time, may be even beating one out once in a while. If they are the Canes we think they are they will come back even meaner.

Advertisement
Back