Great article on Jon Garvin

This kid is a 5 star talent.

Instead, he's a f**king 3 star on the crooked recruiting sites.

Do not pay attention to the nonsense. Miami commits are PURPOSELY rated incorrectly because Miami sites do not drive much revenue. It's a FACT.

Advertisement
Can someone tell me why this kid never got a bump in the ratings? One of the most criminally underrated kids I can remember coming in.

He will play a lot next year, especially being an EE. No question. Not sure if he will play enough to be another frosh AA, but he will see plenty of burn.

Jonathan Garvin NIKE CAMP
6-4 222
40: 4.87
20: 4.40
Vertical: 36.2
Power Throw: 36
SPARQ 97.89

Joe Jackson NIKE CAMP
6-5 237
40: 4.83
20: 4.93
Vertical: 32
Power Throw: 35
SPARQ 80.31

Garvin is quicker than Jackson but lighter. If this kid can put on 15-20 pounds this spring he will be in the two deep.

Let's all just be glad we got both. Add in DJ as sweet, sweet icing on the cake.

Advertisement
I know one thing. With beasts like this coming in at d-end, if I was a CB recruit, I'd be jumping at the chance to sign with Miami. Plyers like Garvin and DJ make a DB's life much easier. You just gotta cover to 3 Mississippi a lot of the time.

I wonder if staff selling the DL effect and possible early playing time to DB's?

I'm gonna say Garvin ends up being the better of the 2. He's already destroyed good competition in South FL. The quiet types at DE tend to be deadly as pash rushers. However, you gotta love DJs attitude. If he works as hard as he talks UM will be playoff bound soon with these guys.

I know one thing. With beasts like this coming in at d-end, if I was a CB recruit, I'd be jumping at the chance to sign with Miami. Plyers like Garvin and DJ make a DB's life much easier. You just gotta cover to 3 Mississippi a lot of the time.

I wonder if staff selling the DL effect and possible early playing time to DB's?

Kool and his/Diaz' DL philosophy have to be a big differentiator. But we're up against Bama, FSU, UF and LSU for the guys we want, and all of them have stout DLs as well, even if they don't run downhill as much. Some big boy recruiting going on right now.

Advertisement
How does Garvin compare to a guy like Demetrius Jackson out of high school?

D$, we know you're excited about the DL, however I would love to get your thoughts on the OL. It goes without saying that's an area of concern for everyone.

I love Donaldson and Gaynor. The other two appear to have attributes but I need to see them in person. Really wish we could've landed Slaton and Telfort. Despite their flakiness, they are potentially dominant talents.

I apologize because I know this is a different subject to this thread but do you see our OL improving significantly next season? I expect this to take 3-4 years to make it championship material.

I can't figure out who I like better, DJ or Garvin. DJ has better pure speed and acceleration but Garvin looks a lot quicker laterally.

This is a great problem to have.

I look forward to 4 more years of Paul Johnson cursing and spitting on the sidelines! Will this be the group that gets that assbag fired finally!

Advertisement
I can't figure out who I like better, DJ or Garvin. DJ has better pure speed and acceleration but Garvin looks a lot quicker laterally.

Can't wait to see how they both turn out. Very interested to see how DJ develops in a college weight room

Luckily, they're both prototypes to play across from each other in Diaz's system. DJ will play Thomas' role and Garvin will play the role originally contemplated for AQM and ultimately became Joe Jackson's.

I love Garvin. I can't even find a suitable comparison of attributes for him yet. He's unique. Like a LB who just kept growing and isn't sure what to do with all his limbs yet.

Advertisement
Garvin is a 5 star talent. Pretty sure he was a big Clemson target, and we know **** well that Venables is the preeminent identifier of DL talent in the country at this point.

I can't believe the embarrassment of riches we have at DE.

Yup joe Jackson vibe to this guy, everyone knows he's a savage but not a ton of hoopla about him, can't wait to see this guy shred people

Garvin is a 5 star talent. Pretty sure he was a big Clemson target, and we know **** well that Venables is the preeminent identifier of DL talent in the country at this point.

I can't believe the embarrassment of riches we have at DE.

You have to be a full blown ****** as an elite DT to not heavily consider Miami right now, you'll probably see the least double teams in the country

I'll say it again, in this day and age how is this kid a 3* recruit.

So happy to have him in this class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back