Great article on Gabriel Terry

I'm equally confused. Just being dumb isn't in itself a problem, and doesn't make him a bad person. Doesn't even make him a bad football player.

On Terry - kid is ripped. Coming in at 6'3" 210? Can be 225 next year and a wrecking ball at 230 as a soph.

I'll be pulling for Terry. Sounds like we've found a diamond in the rough. Just need to coach him up.

Now as far as AJL is concerned. I'm not sure if I understand you other than you saying Angelo is not a ploymath. Why did he go to his teachers? And if he went to his teachers why wouldn't they help him? Teachers typically do not call students out for being stupid publicly though they may think it privately. Am I missing something here?

I honestly don't know if I want to put the kid out like that. But they said he went to all his old teachers and they ALL hate him. They called him stupid as **** and didn't think he would even graduate. Everyone in the room who knew him agreed, almost as if it was common knowledge that the kid didn't brains.

Advertisement
I'm equally confused. Just being dumb isn't in itself a problem, and doesn't make him a bad person. Doesn't even make him a bad football player.

On Terry - kid is ripped. Coming in at 6'3" 210? Can be 225 next year and a wrecking ball at 230 as a soph.

I'll be pulling for Terry. Sounds like we've found a diamond in the rough. Just need to coach him up.

Now as far as AJL is concerned. I'm not sure if I understand you other than you saying Angelo is not a ploymath. Why did he go to his teachers? And if he went to his teachers why wouldn't they help him? Teachers typically do not call students out for being stupid publicly though they may think it privately. Am I missing something here?

I honestly don't know if I want to put the kid out like that. But they said he went to all his old teachers and they ALL hate him. They called him stupid as **** and didn't think he would even graduate. Everyone in the room who knew him agreed, almost as if it was common knowledge that the kid didn't brains.

is 210 his football weight or wrestling weight?

i know a lot has changed since i wrestled in hs (2000-2004) in regards to dropping weight classes and certifications but i would drop 15-20 lbs for wrestling season. He may be 220-225 for football

ial.

The kid I'm talking about went back to Central to see some of the coaches, teachers they had. He had a few of the teachers that AJL has now, I'm guessing football was a pretty big topic of discussion for everyone who talked to him, so naturally the star player at the school came up.

The teachers aren't the ones who called him stupid, the kids in the room with me were. He said that the teachers "all hated him". I'm guessing the kid never paid attention in class, caused problems whatever. I'm sure a teacher wouldn't give the kid the impression that they "hate" him if it's just a kid who puts in a effort and just can't grasp the material.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back