Great article on culture.

Good God yes!

Seriously, what a bunch of nonsense. These people are so willing to believe anything that shifts the blame from Manny.

What was TNM all about? What was the purpose?

This IS Manny's culture. He installed TNM and this is the result. He has been here for several years and ran the program through one entire year and suddenly he is shocked by the culture.

No one coach could be more to blame than Manny for the culture.

This is The New Miami! This is his Miami.

Manny wanted to bring back all of the **** we all admittedly loved about our 80's and 90's Canes. The problem was, he dreamed of turning it around quick with gold chains and slogans without having to put in the time that the Schnellys, JJs and Ericksons had to put in at lesser stops first.

Hard to blame him. He was like me growing up in and around the OB. I loved it all...but the bravado was due every bit as much because of the brutally hard work that put in as it was the flash and attitude.

When faced with Temple or UM, ****....I get it...but UM should have never been a choice at this stage.

Here's to hoping he can fake it till he makes it....but that's just another slogan.

UM

Advertisement
Clue missed by the writer: I did not see one phocking piece of that ugly, corny Bling that we are used to pulling out to celebrate underachievement, during the LSU/Clemson game.

Took them 15 years to finally come to this conclusion.wonder how long would it take them to discover fire back in the caveman days.

I think you make great points about what Manny has allowed to happen. That being said, at this point we’re not getting anywhere by placing blame. The fact is that we have a bunch of kids who don’t care, and that has to change very soon.

I agree. Sometimes, when cancer is present, desperate measures needs to be used to remove such cancer. I'm just not sure that Manny CAN fix this problem since he became apart of it. The guys we currently have on the team have been directly or indirectly recruited by him, so if he tries to change his stripes now, it's going to be weird. Which is why I was not a proponent of the hire b/c these kids need a new voice and a new form of respect and fear.

I agree. Sometimes, when cancer is present, desperate measures needs to be used to remove such cancer. I'm just not sure that Manny CAN fix this problem since he became apart of it. The guys we currently have on the team have been directly or indirectly recruited by him, so if he tries to change his stripes now, it's going to be weird. Which is why I was not a proponent of the hire b/c these kids need a new voice and a new form of respect and fear.
At this point, clamping down on misbehavior as if the program is under sanctions, might be the only severe way to impress the subject kids. Dismissal sends a clear message throughout the team sometimes, and I don’t know if Manny is capable of it after his bringing back a problem player last spiring.

Advertisement
At this point, clamping down on misbehavior as if the program is under sanctions, might be the only severe way to impress the subject kids. Dismissal sends a clear message throughout the team sometimes, and I don’t know if Manny is capable of it after his bringing back a problem player last spiring.

Desperate measures, bro. Real talk.

tenor (55).gif

I also noticed, when LSU players got tackled, they still managed to fall forward by as much as 2 yards (something that Patriots players do), while our players get negative yardage while struggling after a tackle. This is part coaching, part player hunger.

Clue missed by the writer: I did not see one phocking piece of that ugly, corny Bling that we are used to pulling out to celebrate underachievement, during the LSU/Clemson game.

While you may not have been a fan of it, I wasn't/aren't either, it was all the rage and to a degree still is. IMO the real key is will it return or will it be shelved and a more serious hard-nosed approach be taken?

Advertisement
While you may not have been a fan of it, I wasn't/aren't either, it was all the rage and to a degree still is. IMO the real key is will it return or will it be shelved and a more serious hard-nosed approach be taken?
I hope it is shelved. It is a distraction. Right after a turn over, players should focused on taking advantage of the potential change of momentum, not on showboating. This is like a medal for the obvious job at hand.

Manure tricked all the mongoloids with his culture shell game. He’s a masterful huckster.

I’ve never seen a successful coach crying about culture after 4 years at a program. But he’s hoodwinked and bamboozled the mongoloids into thinking he hasn’t been the biggest factor in this mysterious culture problem.

Culture matters. Successful coaches (and admin) create winning cultures.

Manny Diaz and the Miami admin are not that.

BULL!
$#!T!

"the onus to re-establish a healthy football culture falls squarely on the shoulders of head coach"

We have HEARD THIS BEFORE!!!

When are you people going to wake up and see that it does NOT matter who our HC is? The athletic Dept. needs to change the behind the scenes functioning of recruiting and game day preparation with a BIGGER and BETTER support staff. The culture starts in the boardroom. Do you think LSU or Alabama was going to hire Coker/Shannon/Golden/Richt/Diaz? $$$$ spent WISELY is the problem. We have as much chance of winning the ACC as any other Coastal team. Which is 0. Even former power houses like Southern California, Michigan and Tennessee are struggling. They do not have the sense that LSU has.

This problem goes way beyond what goes on in the locker room.

The recent conversations here regarding culture, and removing players to stop the spread of the disease leads to a couple of important questions:

1. Are we as fans and as a program okay with 5 players or 10 players being booted to stop the disease meaning we will be playing well below 75 scholarship players (this would also affect our counters too correct)?

2. To fix the culture issue while removing players will we be patient with Manny or the next head coach when the team falters to another mediocre-type season(s)?

He's being paid $3 million a year to manage only 100 people. If it takes him over two years to get his people to stop smoking marijuana and playing video games, then he just another overpaid Miami idiot.

It's not a big ask for the amount of money he is making

Advertisement
I know I'm beating a dead horse. But all comes from the top. It hard to imaging this happens under the leadrship of strong HC who demands respect and instill little bit of fear in his players. Butch Davis will have none of that.

Rag on if you must, but Butch Davis knew how to fix a program - and thanks to 31 scholarship reductions - our program tanked while he was trying to rebuild it.

And he did - he got the "culture" done so well - the team was self-motivated - self-disciplined - and he put together the all time best college football of all time.

And Clappy crapped the whole thing up by letting everything slide off into a hole. A hole we still find ourself.

Manny isn't the guy who has the balls and know-how to get this turned around. He talks a lot of crap - but it's like someone reciting Shakespeare -

Oh well. I guess now we've identified ANOTHER problem.

Like a lot of us didn't know this crap already.

My opinion - South Florida culture is garbage. And that goes beyond football.

I would never open a business in South Florida, and I avoid doing business with those located there, simply because there is no way I trust the people running them. Anytime you read about a business-related scam in the papers, chances are good that there is some kind of tie-in to South Florida.

The entire region is populated with cheeseball 10-cent con artists - there are more $50k "millionaires" in South Florida than in the rest of the country combined, with their fake Guccis and rented Lambos. The whole region just has more slimeballs per capita than anywhere else.

It says something when the biggest industries in the region are cruises leaving for somewhere else and "supplement companies."

A South Florida 3-star is not a 4-star somewhere else. A South Florida football player is just like everything else about South Florida - FAKE HYPE. It's the fake Gucci's and the rented Lambos in another form. It's all talk and all glamour and absolutely no substance. These players are pumped up for no reason, and they fold under pressure every time. They ain't worth ****.

How can you take an entire football team full of South Florida losers and turn them in to national champions? These kids, who believe they're God's gift, try to leave after 3 years of minimal effort to "feed the fam," only to not get drafted at all (and get laughed at by the NFL). THESE are the kids you expect to win with?

**** yes there's a culture problem.

It takes a savage to coach effectively here, as I've said in other threads. And Manny is not that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back