Gray Crow

NotoriousJJE

Sophomore
What's the deal with this kid? How is he feeling right now? EE and no one has said a peep about him. He is surprising me all-ready.

Think about this: You are the 1st QB commit to Miami for 2012. Then no one utters your name because Preston Dewey "the savior" commits as well. You throw a million interceptions but win a bunch of games. Other guy throws a bunch of TD's, get's injured, but loses a bunch of games. Other guy goes to UA AA game although he was hurt, while you watch it on TV . OTher guy's picture shows up on the internet with Golden and Fisch and Ty Freaking Detmer flashing the U. There has been 10 recruiting articles about the other guy and non about you. Everyone is talking about the other guy but not about you. Yet you remain committed and you enroll early. Takes balls doesn't it? I am impressed. Anyone know the scoop? I haven't watched much film. I have read he has a strong arm.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The only thing a man can ask for in life is a shot.

Gray Crow is about to get one. He aughta be feeling pretty good about that.

+1. And Gino Torretta "sucked" and came here to back up Bryan Fortay. You never know.

+1. And Gino Torretta "sucked" and came here to back up Bryan Fortay. You never know.

thumbnail.aspx

Advertisement
What impresses me is that he seems like a really high character guy. I don't many qb's that would do what he is doing in the manner he is doing it. I like how he's been flying under the radar quietly going about his business.

physically he has all the tools and is intelligent. Maybe all he needs is the right coach to put it all together.

I get the feeling he gives a **** about who else commits at QB or which QB commit gets the most attention. That's a plus in my book.

Advertisement
At the very least he'll provide adequate depth going forward. As long as he's better than Whipple there ain't much to complain about. We may finally have legitimate D1 QB depth chart.

Has all the physical tools in the world, always shows out in camps, but for some strange reason, the kid just can't perform efficiently on the high school level, which in truth, is a bit shocking and should not be discounted. There may be a few anomalies, but usually good college football players were at least good on the high school level as well. I will continue to doubt this take because that's all I can make a judgment off of... that is until he shows up in an actual game and proves me wrong.

Advertisement
Has all the physical tools in the world, always shows out in camps, but for some strange reason, the kid just can't perform efficiently on the high school level, which in truth, is a bit shocking and should not be discounted. There may be a few anomalies, but usually good college football players were at least good on the high school level as well. I will continue to doubt this take because that's all I can make a judgment off of... that is until he shows up in an actual game and proves me wrong.

Good post, especially the part about "usually good college players were good HS players". I don't mind the take in a class this size, especially since we need depth at QB, but in a smaller class, I'd definitely question it more than I am this year. By all accounts, he sounds like a good kid with no ego and we still have no idea what Thompson is going to do. If Thompson does get drafted in the first round, having Crow isn't a bad consolation prize.

Gray Crows junior year he carried the team. He threw almost every down cause they had receivers and no running backs. He is a big prototype pro quaterback with arm strength to hit the long or short passes with touch. This year, they had a premier running back and basically he just directed the flow by dumping and handing off and passing enough to keep the defense honest. Results for two years was 2 losses total

Advertisement
Back