Grade the coaching staff......

McDonald is the best position coach

I'm not sold on Franklin yet

Yep. I stated that when GoldenAl announced his staff that Kehoe and Franklin were the weeknesses and you never want your OL and DL coaches to be you achieles heel.

Advertisement
Franklin actually has most experience of anyone on staff. 19 years coaching and a long stint in NFL

Kehoe and Swasey are the two biggest mistakes of Golden's young career here. He hasnt made many for sure, but these two just stand out.

Advertisement
So the fact that the kids are bigger and have better speed numbers and all those NFL'ers that come to train at Miami and train with Swasey, means he sucks?

So the fact that the kids are bigger and have better speed numbers and all those NFL'ers that come to train at Miami and train with Swasey, means he sucks?

Nah, means that Golden had to take control of the strength program.

And frankly, i'm not convinced those numbers mean anything. I remember a couple years ago when a whole bunch of Swasey and Shannon apologists kept yabbering about how our listed strength numbers were no worse than LSU's or some ******* like that. Seriously. This was before 2010 and before we got pushed around like a bunch of ******* girls against the likes of Puke and South Florida.

When it comes to S+C, I will believe it when i see it.

Advertisement
Fisch is the guy who has impressed me the most. Such a change over Nix and Whipple. The guy doesnt force a game plan. He sees whats working and what is not and makes in game adjustments. Also, the improvements in Jacory from year 3 to 4 was incredible. He also seems like a guy who recruits have been connecting with. Hope he stays for the long run.

too early to tell IMO. At this point, Coaching staff as a whole gets a B+ for what they have accomplished so far as far as strength and conditioning advancement and recruiting.

Too many variables in play to give a grade right now, but agree that the gains made in the weight room are promising.

with shapirogate they all should get an A right now for holding together the players, changing the mindset, and getting quality players on the verge of probation. last season is a wash and will hold actual grading until after this season is over. so far for what they have had to endure from the last regime(empty cupboard) i give them all an A/exempt. The grades after this season will be what is telling.

i love the way this staff is handling adversity and mentoring these guys to be hard working miami hurricanes.

+1

Advertisement
Back