Grade the Coaching Staff

I gave Rumph an A more for the development of Malek Young & the great progression of Elder...

I gave Dugans an A for Ahmmon & mainly because I didn't feel like arguing with anybody over it lol.

Shoot, Dugans deserves an A because of the physicality the WRs played with this year. I think their route running was just ok, but man seeing receivers drive the DBs back on all those RPOs was outstanding. Coley last night absolutely bullying the DB through the back of the endzone was awesome. Stuff like that broke a lot of game changing plays for us this year, and certainly got Coley some extra cash on draft day.

Advertisement
Recruiting could use an uptick, but we have a professional staff that can make kids a lot better than before they got to coach them. Been awhile since we have been able to say that.

So excited about what the next 5-6 months can bring. I'm ready to meet Cane Dynasty at the Y for mat drills and i can't wait till our freshman class, who i believe to be the heart and soul of our team, gets their hands on the 8-10 EE's that we have and molds them and show them how to work. We're not soft, we're in shape, we can run, we can hit, and we for sure bust dyck! We are not the Candy Canes anymore MF's! So excited! Have i said that i am excited!

Richt - B

Jon Richt - C

Brown - B+

Hartley - B

Searels - C

Dugans - A

Kool - A+

Diaz - A+

Rumph - A-

Banda - B+

Mark Richt - B (Rusty from a play calling perspective. Is getting very little help from rest of inexperienced offensive staff. He desperately misses his right hand man John Lilly)

Jon Richt - F (Complete waste of a coaching spot. The reason nepotism laws exist)

Thomas Brown - B (Poor implementation of game plan showed on game day. Handling of RB situation not great either. He will get better. This off season is key)

Ron Dugans - B+ (WR's were solid all year. Kayaa's erractic throws did not help. WR's blocked like crazy last night. Bright spot)

Stacey Searles - C+ (Can't make chicken salad out of chicken ****. The talent level on the OL is deplorable)

Todd Hartley - B+ (TE's were bright spot on O. Not used enough due to bad OL play)

Manny Diaz - A+ (was finally given the talent and speed needed to run his offense. There is a reason he was considered the hottest young coordinator in college football when Mack Brown hired him. Best DC we've had since Schiano.)

Craig Kuligowski - A+ (nothing much to say. Best DL coach in country).

Mike Rumph - B+ (Great job. Was given total garbage and no depth to work with. Corn played like an NFL starter. Got Malek Young ready)

Ephraim Banda - C+ (Safties not great. Talent definatley an issue)

Advertisement
Strictly based on, other the field performance:

Mark Richt - B+

El Jefe Diaz - A+ (The whole Defense & LB unit)

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

Coach Hartley - C (Did great with the TE's, but ST struggled at times)

Essentially this but I'll bump Rumph to an A+ because Coach Richt theoretically said make a solid house out of twigs and duct tape

LOL at 4 senior DBs (3 of whom will likely be on NFL rosters next year; 1 of whom is a top 3 CB in college football) being twigs and duct tape.

If Colbert is drafted, who was playing Safety at Texas...not CB, I'll happy give all the credit in the world for calling that

Also, LOL at you if you honestly think Rumph's year with Elder isn't the reason he's going in the top 3 rounds in this years draft because idk what you saw in 2015 but he wasn't even close to being the same player he was this year...and you can't give credit the safeties to him, that's Banda

I had no idea Rum was CB coach. Who is Banda?

I don't think individual grading in the first year is conclusive. I will give the staff a collective B+, with an up trend. This was their first year, they showed progress over what we had last year. Next years on field performance and execution, with more position depth, will provide better data for us to grade this staff.

Mark Richt - B+

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

Essentially this but I'll bump Rumph to an A+ because Coach Richt theoretically said make a solid house out of twigs and duct tape

LOL at 4 senior DBs (3 of whom will likely be on NFL rosters next year; 1 of whom is a top 3 CB in college football) being twigs and duct tape.

If Colbert is drafted, who was playing Safety at Texas...not CB, I'll happy give all the credit in the world for calling that

Also, LOL at you if you honestly think Rumph's year with Elder isn't the reason he's going in the top 3 rounds in this years draft because idk what you saw in 2015 but he wasn't even close to being the same player he was this year...and you can't give credit the safeties to him, that's Banda

Then how are you getting four senior DB's if you're not at including the safeties? Did Corn and Adrian clone themselves?

Brown - D+ The way the RB position was managed this year was just dumb. We had one of the top running games after the first four games with Walton and Yearby. Then he started transitioning to a primary back offense and the running game struggled every since. For him to not be able to evaluate the things that work successfully for the running game is just disappointing.

Why would you attribute all this to brown and not richt?

Advertisement
Brown - D+ The way the RB position was managed this year was just dumb. We had one of the top running games after the first four games with Walton and Yearby. Then he started transitioning to a primary back offense and the running game struggled every since. For him to not be able to evaluate the things that work successfully for the running game is just disappointing.

I blame it on Searels for not getting the OL right until late in the season...

To me, the run game struggles were 80-90% on the OL.

Its really hard to judge position coaches after 1 year IMO.

OC Richt I'd give a C mainly because of 2nd half adjustments. Beginning of the game play calling/preparation would be a F
DC Diaz is an A+

Richt did improve some throughout of the year. Hopefully he continues and also shows a few more wrinkles next year.

I am inclined to give OL Coach Searles an 'Incomplete'. He has the least player talent to work with. Let's see what he can do with an infusion of new talent.

He is on the 'Watch List', however.

Mark Richt - B+

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

name the 4 db's oh wait only corn elder at cb was a senior , really get real. at least act like u know what they **** u are talking about. rumph coached cb's cb's not db's he had nothing to do with safeties where all the seniors were. other then elder name 1 cb Miami had anyone thought could play

Advertisement
I'd love to see the grading scale most of you used for Jon Richt. That would be very scientific and based solely on facts I'm sure.

I give Richt a B as a head coach, a B-/C+ for offensive play calling, and an A++ as a man of God

I gave Rumph an A more for the development of Malek Young & the great progression of Elder...

I gave Dugans an A for Ahmmon & mainly because I didn't feel like arguing with anybody over it lol.

What I liked about Dugans was the way he had our receivers as committed blockers.

Advertisement

I blame it on Searels for not getting the OL right until late in the season...

To me, the run game struggles were 80-90% on the OL.

I blame a lot on Golden for the cesspool of OL that was left behind.

Then how are you getting four senior DB's if you're not at including the safeties? Did Corn and Adrian clone themselves?

Because there's no interrelation between what the DBs are being taught right? Banda goes off by himself, and Rum goes off by himself and never the two shall meet.

Is it your opinion that having 2 senior Safeties who have played a ton of football has no affect on the CBs and vice versa?

Because there's no interrelation between what the DBs are being taught right? Banda goes off by himself, and Rum goes off by himself and never the two shall meet.

Is it your opinion that having 2 senior Safeties who have played a ton of football has no affect on the CBs and vice versa?

The safties wasnt all that good. If you dont like rumph for whatever reason just say that. You making yourself look crazy trying to discredit what he did this year.

That dude turned a safety who never played into a solid cb. Begged diaz and richt to let him work with jaquan johnson at nickel and it worked. Took corn from average cb and late round pick to at the least a 3rd round pick and all conference player. Had young showing flashes of being a future starter.

Last edited:

The safties wasnt all that good. If you dont like rumph for whatever reason just say that. You making yourself look crazy trying to discredit what he did this year.

That dude turned a safety who never played into a solid cb. Begged diaz and richt to let him work with jaquan johnson at nickel and it worked. Took corn from average cb and late round pick to at the least a 3rd round pick and all conference player. Had young showing flashes of being a future starter.

These dudes are only interested in validating all the complaining they did while Richt was hiring his staff

Advertisement
Back