Grade the Coaching Staff

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
Before the season began, and after Richt had his staff in place, there was a thread consisting of posters initial letter grades for each coordinator and positional coach that Richt hired.

Now that the season has come to a close, curious to see what letter grades you guys would assign to the following coaches after seeing what they could do in year one:

Mark Richt, Diaz, Banda, Rumph, Hartley, Kool, John Richt, Searels, Brown, Dugans, and Felder?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Diaz and Kool both get A+. I'm not thrilled to death with the offensive coaches especially Searles and Jon Richt.

Advertisement
Strictly based on, on the field performance:

Mark Richt - B+

El Jefe Diaz - A+ (The whole Defense & LB unit)

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B

Coach Hartley - C (Did great with the TE's, but ST struggled at times)

Coach Searels - D+ (C- if I'm being nice)

Last edited:
Before the season began, and after Richt had his staff in place, there was a thread consisting of posters initial letter grades for each coordinator and positional coach that Richt hired. Now that the season has come to a close, curious to see what letter grades you guys would assign to the following coaches after seeing what they could do in year one: Mark Richt, Diaz, Banda, Rumph, Hartley, Kool, John Richt, Searels, Brown, Dugans, and Felder?

Probably gonna get hammered on this but I'll kick it off:
Richt - B
Diaz - A+
Banda - B
Rumph - B+
Hartley - B-
Kool - A+
John Richt - C-
Searels - C-
Brown - B+
Dugans - B
Felder - A-

edit: Liberty City El beat me to it

Last edited:
Strictly based on, other the field performance:

Mark Richt - B+

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

Essentially this but I'll bump Rumph to an A+ because Coach Richt theoretically said make a solid house out of twigs and duct tape and C's for Searels and Dugans...I thought a lot more could have been done with both units

Advertisement
Mark Richt - B

El Jefe Diaz - A+

Coach Brown - B

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - B+

Coach Dugans - B (recruiting)

Coach Banda - B

Coach Hartley - B

Coach Searels - C-

Mark Richt - B+

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

Essentially this but I'll bump Rumph to an A+ because Coach Richt theoretically said make a solid house out of twigs and duct tape

LOL at 4 senior DBs (3 of whom will likely be on NFL rosters next year; 1 of whom is a top 3 CB in college football) being twigs and duct tape.

Advertisement
Brown - D+ The way the RB position was managed this year was just dumb. We had one of the top running games after the first four games with Walton and Yearby. Then he started transitioning to a primary back offense and the running game struggled every since. For him to not be able to evaluate the things that work successfully for the running game is just disappointing.

Last edited:

Mark Richt - B+

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

Essentially this but I'll bump Rumph to an A+ because Coach Richt theoretically said make a solid house out of twigs and duct tape

LOL at 4 senior DBs (3 of whom will likely be on NFL rosters next year; 1 of whom is a top 3 CB in college football) being twigs and duct tape.

If Colbert is drafted, who was playing Safety at Texas...not CB, I'll happy give all the credit in the world for calling that

Also, LOL at you if you honestly think Rumph's year with Elder isn't the reason he's going in the top 3 rounds in this years draft because idk what you saw in 2015 but he wasn't even close to being the same player he was this year...and you can't give credit the safeties to him, that's Banda

Last edited:
Advertisement

Mark Richt - B+

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

Rumph coach cbs not safety. Did rumph hit yo old lady or some?

I gave Rumph an A more for the development of Malek Young & the great progression of Elder...

I gave Dugans an A for Ahmmon & mainly because I didn't feel like arguing with anybody over it lol.

Mark Richt - B+

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

If Colbert is drafted, who was playing Safety at Texas...not CB, I'll happy give all the credit in the world for calling that

Also, LOL at you if you honestly think Rumph's year with Elder isn't the reason he's going in the top 3 rounds in this years draft because idk what you saw in 2015 but he wasn't even close to being the same player he was this year...and you can't give credit the safeties to him, that's Banda

Yep. Corn was average last year. Got hyped up because he made a couple of plays.

Mark Richt - B+

Coach Brown - B+

Coach Kool - A+

Coach Rumph - A

Coach Dugans - A

Coach Banda - B+

Part, if only a small part, of the reason Corn excelled is the coaching of Rumph. And although I think Rumph did a good job, especially when it comes to some of the young guys like Malek, I would give him a B. I think part of the reason the secondary did as well as it did, is because of the way the front seven played.

The reason our secondary was so poor as a group over the past several years is because they were needed to stop the run and the pass. The front seven this year actually did their job (and did it well), taking a ton of pressure of the DBs.

Advertisement
Back