Grad Transfer WR Rico Bussey Jr

It’s funny how these dudes spend all year crying about the offensive coaches then when they rightfully get fired they say how horrible the offensive players are. If the players are really that horrible (and they’re not), then what did you expect Penos and Stumblebum to do with them?

I‘m convinced that some of these cats are missing a tire iron.

Advertisement
Without reading every page, I think it's really this simple. Lashlee thinks his WR room needs help, so he's looking for another WR. I'll trust his judgement on it. Do we have other needs? Yes. If our new OC thinks WR is a problem, and he wants an older, experienced WR to help fix the room, so be it.

We basically only have 4 returning receivers and a bunch of freshmen.

Not surprising Lashlee wants help.

Would not surprise me if he thinks that’s more valuable than an ol right now.

He gets rid of the ball lightening fast and calls plays based on his numbers at the line. He goes max protect when he wants to go deep.

What if he is impressed by the ol already here and thinks he can make it work for what HE asks out of his lineman? I personally expect a HUGE jump in production based on what Lashlee runs.

We basically only have 4 returning receivers and a bunch of freshmen.

Not surprising Lashlee wants help.

Would not surprise me if he thinks that’s more valuable than an ol right now.

He gets rid of the ball lightening fast and calls plays based on his numbers at the line. He goes max protect when he wants to go deep.

What if he is impressed by the ol already here and thinks he can make it work for what HE asks out of his lineman? I personally expect a HUGE jump in production based on what Lashlee runs.
For the record, despite thinking we have bigger needs we could address with our remaining scholarship, I would be excited if we added Bussey. He's a quality player and would make me feel a bit better about our depth at the position. I'm just a bit more concerned about other areas.

Also, as in my previous posts in this thread where I contend that our offensive coaching has made our skill position players look worse than they are, same goes for our OL. Our play design, playcalling, pace and erratic qb play didn't do our O-lineman any favors last year and I don't think we're in as bad of shape as we appear.

Problem is, I just can't get the image of Zion having to be pried out of his stance, 3 hours after the UF game ended, out of my head. While I think he'll naturally improve with experience and be helped by how quickly Lashlee likes his QBs to get the ball out, I would feel a whole lot better if we added a more experienced, consistently proven player there.

We didn't exactly have a loaded 2018 WR depth Chart so it shouldn't have been that difficult to get on the field. **** even Wiggins go on the field some as a freshman. Harley at least showed speed and decent route running when he got on the field as a freshman and Sophomore and flashed in practice a lot. What has Pope shown in practice or on the field to prove he's more talented then the guys I mentioned?
He's a poor route runner
He has okay speed
He has Average ball skills
He has Average to below Average footwork
Pope has shown nothing on the field to prove he's a better option then Harley or Wiggins.
Bro you have no clue what your talking about. Pope will prove you wrong.

Would be Completely against it, He’s coming off an acl injury last fall and what good does it do for the development of our receivers? It’s their time to play and prove themselves, can’t judge them solely based on that sh*tty offense, you can place any receiver in the country in our offense last year around the country and I guarantee they wouldn’t be as productive either.
This logic is so dumb I can't wrap my head around it. What's the effin difference if a guy that's been here a few years has a breakout season as a senior or Junior (then likely declares early) as opposed to bringing in a GT to help us win games? The answer is literally nothing, expect you're saying you'd like our WR corps to be ****tier. We're not tanking for a draft pick. This argument just makes no sense at all. There's literally no reason not to make your team better.

Advertisement
Not that this handle has any clout but both of you have solid points. He’s more Mike Harley Jr than Devonte Smith. Perhaps we just overrated him from the start.
The only thing correct about this porst is the 1st sentence....

Advertisement
For the record, despite thinking we have bigger needs we could address with our remaining scholarship, I would be excited if we added Bussey. He's a quality player and would make me feel a bit better about our depth at the position. I'm just a bit more concerned about other areas.

Also, as in my previous posts in this thread where I contend that our offensive coaching has made our skill position players look worse than they are, same goes for our OL. Our play design, playcalling, pace and erratic qb play didn't do our O-lineman any favors last year and I don't think we're in as bad of shape as we appear.

Problem is, I just can't get the image of Zion having to be pried out of his stance, 3 hours after the UF game ended, out of my head. While I think he'll naturally improve with experience and be helped by how quickly Lashlee likes his QBs to get the ball out, I would feel a whole lot better if we added a more experienced, consistently proven player there.

Zion is too athletic at his size for his problems at the snap to be physical.

Unless there is an underlying problem we are unaware of, I think it will be mostly fixed this year.

I can’t recall him getting procedure penalties. I think trying to be perfect and too much thinking was the root of him looking so bad at times.

He took that spot for a reason. When he can engage, he can do some good things and he seems to be the type of guy coaches like.

I wouldn’t mind kicking Scaife out to LT and letting Zion and Rivers battle for RT. I think Gaynor and Clark will be solid. Campbell showed signs of life at guard. I haven’t given up on Donaldson but it won’t matter if he can’t do better at the dinner table. Herbert and Hillary ? I won’t go there, but stranger things have happened.

Let’s just see what type of atmosphere Lashlee creates around the offense. It is an underrated component to team performance. He may be able to get guys engaged who were skeptical. Piling up points and yards in practice will grow this team’s confidence and go a long way toward improvement for 2020. Under some poor offensive systems, they got dominated in practice and after a while it takes a toll.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If this WR is related to Gary Busey, then he’s a definite take. If not, then I’d pass.

Take a look at his teeth. If you see giant teeth like this, you know he’s related.

D3CFD341-EED6-4643-9CEA-9073DC8D2F28.jpeg

Advertisement
Back