Grad Transfer WR Rico Bussey Jr

Those actually made perfect sense. Miami constantly puts Pass Rushers in the NFL and Roche would be a perfect fit here. King also fit Rhett Lashlee system very well so that makes sense. WRs are always attracted to Miami.
We've also put a bunch of OL in the NFL (top 3 in current NFL OL, iirc). So, why wouldn't an OT looking at us for a starting job make sense after the performance of our OTs last year? Roche came here despite competition for play time from Rousseau and J Phillips. Why would an OT looking for playing time be any different given our depth at the position?

You said WRs are always attracted to Miami yet we have proven, for years now because of our out-dated offense, lackluster qb play and poor coaching, to be a place that actually largely misuses and underutilized ours. Yet, Osborne still came because he felt he could come in and start. I don't see why it would be any different for an OT looking to do the same.

Advertisement
Without reading every page, I think it's really this simple. Lashlee thinks his WR room needs help, so he's looking for another WR. I'll trust his judgement on it. Do we have other needs? Yes. If our new OC thinks WR is a problem, and he wants an older, experienced WR to help fix the room, so be it.
Lashlee did pretty well with what he had at SMU...why not give our guys a chance to step up?

It's absolutely retarded because it's without context to his situation.

His Freshman season he didn't even play & last year he was behind upperclassmen like JT, KJ & Mike Harley & barely played. In the few instances when he did he made plays.

Just like how Mike Harley didn't do anything until his Junior season, to write off Pope coming into his Junior year while playing in awful offenses is premature & stupid.

Especially when he's going to be a starter this year, you'd be wise to wait & see how different he looks in an Air Raid/Spread offense before you declare him as a bust.

That's why it's dumb, it shows you're looking at it as though all things being even, when they haven't been.
We didn't exactly have a loaded 2018 WR depth Chart so it shouldn't have been that difficult to get on the field. **** even Wiggins go on the field some as a freshman. Harley at least showed speed and decent route running when he got on the field as a freshman and Sophomore and flashed in practice a lot. What has Pope shown in practice or on the field to prove he's more talented then the guys I mentioned?
He's a poor route runner
He has okay speed
He has Average ball skills
He has Average to below Average footwork
Pope has shown nothing on the field to prove he's a better option then Harley or Wiggins.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We didn't exactly have a loaded 2018 WR depth Chart so it shouldn't have been that difficult to get on the field. **** even Wiggins go on the field some as a freshman. Harley at least showed speed and decent route running when he got on the field as a freshman and Sophomore and flashed in practice a lot. What has Pope shown in practice or on the field to prove he's more talented then the guys I mentioned?
He's a poor route runner
He has okay speed
He has Average ball skills
He has Average to believe Average footwork
Pope has shown nothing on the field to prove he's a better option then Harley or Wiggins.
You're Pope hater I get it, but this is just stupid & not worth arguing anymore.

Maybe he sees a bigger mess than any of us want to admit actually exists?
I doubt he really knows anything until practice starts... Enos tried that with Osborne.... he was ok but didn't do anything special...all that did was hinder the development of our young talented receivers..they want to be involved in the scheme...how can they properly develop while patiently sitting behind a older player that will possibly go undrafted once hes exposed by p5 competition? Osborne would have been better off staying at Buffalo dominating MAC level competition.....I feel the same about this kid...Black has 1-3 round talent....he also has 2 years left...hes the only WR I see worth getting from the portal...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I doubt he really knows anything until practice starts... Enos tried that with Osborne.... he was ok but didn't do anything special...all that did was hinder the development of our young talented receivers..they want to be involved in the scheme...how can they properly develop while patiently sitting behind a older player that will possibly go undrafted once hes exposed by p5 competition? Osborne would have been better off staying at Buffalo dominating MAC level competition.....I feel the same about this kid...Black has 1-3 round talent....he also has 2 years left...hes the only WR I see worth getting from the portal...
If they want to be involved, they will need to work hard. Enough of this handing players spots because they want it. Earn it.

No need to trash guys becoming TRUE JUNIORS (Wiggins and Pope should have redshirted under ideal conditions) to justify taking a guy who had 10 tds and 1000 yards.

We are thin at receiver. We will run more plays. He won’t hurt anyone’s development. That room could use the experience.

You take him as long as he is on the right track medically. Unless he is taking a spot from a guy at another position of need who can contribute, what’s the downside?

Idk why Brian Hightower just doesn't come back so we don't need to spend our last spot on a WR. What's he doing anyways? It's February and he still hasn't got on with a new school

Whatever happened, it could have gotten personal.

It’s obvious he doesn’t have faith in what is going on in the program. Can’t say I blame him.

Advertisement
It's absolutely retarded because it's without context to his situation.

His Freshman season he didn't even play & last year he was behind upperclassmen like JT, KJ & Mike Harley & barely played. In the few instances when he did he made plays.

Just like how Mike Harley didn't do anything until his Junior season, to write off Pope coming into his Junior year while playing in awful offenses is premature & stupid.

Especially when he's going to be a starter this year, you'd be wise to wait & see how different he looks in an Air Raid/Spread offense before you declare him as a bust.

That's why it's dumb, it shows you're looking at it as though all things being even, when they haven't been.
It’s funny how these dudes spend all year crying about the offensive coaches then when they rightfully get fired they say how horrible the offensive players are. If the players are really that horrible (and they’re not), then what did you expect Penos and Stumblebum to do with them?

It’s funny how these dudes spend all year crying about the offensive coaches then when they rightfully get fired they say how horrible the offensive players are. If the players are really that horrible (and they’re not), then what did you expect Penos and Stumblebum to do with them?

No middle ground with folks on this site. Any given player is hot garbage, "not Miami caliber", a "jag", then 30 minutes later he is the best player, sharing the Pantheon of former CANE greats.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back