Grad Transfer QB?

AmarilloCane

Recruit
Does Pete or anyone know if Miami is looking into bringing in a grad transfer QB after the mediocre QB play this spring? I don't see the down side to bringing in someone with a history that at the very minimum could provide more depth. I really hope N'Kosi can start day 1 but that's a lot to ask of a true freshman QB who's not an early enrollee. I'd hate to see a top 5 defense be wasted by mediocre QB. I'm surprised all of the talk is on a RB like Dye and not more on a QB. Thoughts?

Advertisement
I'll pass on that... the 2018 team will be even more loaded. Let's start a qb who will be here and grow with his receivers(Allison or perry). Richt and the staff thinks VERY highly of nkosi perry

Depth we got. A true starter? Doubt the staff is looking for a grad transfer at QB, but Richt don't tell me nothing anymore.

Yep. Nkosi Perry is graduating and will be transferring to the University Of Miami.

It's great to be Miami Hurricane!

Advertisement
Short term fixes never put the program in good stead. If we have to take some licks, take the licks. Grad transfer put off what we have to experience now until next year. Whoever we have at QB I see us winning 10 games either way. Which grad transfer at QB can makes us go 12-0? This is one position u don't short change, quick fixes don't work.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Short term fixes never put the program in good stead. If we have to take some licks, take the licks. Grad transfer put off what we have to experience now until next year. Whoever we have at QB I see us winning 10 games either way. Which grad transfer at QB can makes us go 12-0? This is one position u don't short change, quick fixes don't work.

This makes no sense, how do you see us getting 10 wins with the QBs we have? Even Perry it'll be hard, I don't want a transfer QB but the % of us not getting them 10 wins goes up with none of our QBs seperating themselves.

Seemed to work pretty well for tech last year but I see your point

Seemed to work pretty well for tech last year but I see your point

Evans was a Juco QB. Big difference, all of the Juco QBs worth a **** are off the board. There aren't any Russell Wilson types in the Grad Transfer market this year, so Miami may be better off working with the guys in house, and finding a way to maximize their contribution. Richt doesn't need a QB to win games, he needs a QB that doesn't lose games by doing stupid crap. The guy that can do that will start.

Advertisement
With Allison leaving that's yet another reason to bring in a grad transfer. I hope N'Kosi comes in and beats him out however the expectations for a late arriving, true freshman are way too high. It's not fair to the kid to expect him to do well in his first real start at FSU. That could easily set his career back getting bombed there. Hopefully he comes in and dominates and is a phenom but chances aren't high that that's the case. I do not understand the logic behind not bringing in someone to compete. We have the room..what's the down side? I'm hoping Richt sees this and is working on it behind the scenes.

Since Rosier is more like Perry and has only one year left. Seems natural to start with Rosier while Perry bulks up and gets coached up. Can always switch to Perry midseason to prepare him for the following season when many of the dynamic defenders are entering their third and potentially final year.

Bringing in a grad transfer to compete should've been a no-brainer.

I'm not a fan of how Richt has managed the position. From not pushing to keep Kaaya, not keeping Allison and not bringing a grad transfer his management leaves a lot to be desired.

Advertisement
I really think this is something we should look into I really think Malik Zaire would be a good pickup we should do that and redshirt perry and groom him as the starter

Who is the grad transfer? I think we play ND this year, so I doubt that they'd release Zaire to transfer here. Who else is out there?

Advertisement
VT, UNC, Pitt all have new QB's this year. We are going to steamroll the coastal if our QB play is just average.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back