Gotta win in October if you wanna win on LOI day

Ashevegas Cane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
I would like to state first that I am a big fan of this class even with the shortcomings. But when you think back to what a **** show this team was the entire month of October we should honestly be thrilled with this class overall.
If we win an a second ACC game or a nationally televised game we do better today, kids are making most of their decisions long before January rolls around. We go 2-2 and stay in the ACC race longer then we clean up.
I think this class brings us the OL pieces (including Brown) and a better fit at QB allowing us to really make some noise. We're flipping motherfckers next 2/1.

Advertisement
No worries. This class brings in some big time players, and solidifies the trenches. We're getting there. Also, Thomas might be the most electric WR in the country. Wish we could have landed a few more players, but there's no point in crying over what we didn't get, when what we DID get is really, really good.

Thomas is the most electric player in the country. No question. OP is right though. We've got to take another step forward in the win column. We helped ourselves today.

Ending the streak @ 7 this year would do wonders for our perception.
Thomas, Donaldson, the QB's, and some others really fill our roster out well.

Advertisement
I would like to state first that I am a big fan of this class even with the shortcomings. But when you think back to what a **** show this team was the entire month of October we should honestly be thrilled with this class overall.
If we win an a second ACC game or a nationally televised game we do better today, kids are making most of their decisions long before January rolls around. We go 2-2 and stay in the ACC race longer then we clean up.
I think this class brings us the OL pieces (including Brown) and a better fit at QB allowing us to really make some noise. We're flipping motherfckers next 2/1.

Completely agree.

Exactly.

Guys like Henderson were NOT lost this morning. They were lost on a morning during the month of October in the midst of a 4 game losing streak that never should have happened.

If we would have won just HALF of those 4 games we likely win the Coastal, end up with 11 wins, and the perception of the program is different among elite recruits.

I am willing to accept Richt's shortcomings as a play caller....as long as Richt the recruiter closes on elite classes. So far....there is work to be done to say the least.

I know these concepts fly over the head of the Don Bailey Jr loving *** kissing sunshine pumping crowd...but those are the facts. The best recruiter in the country for the last 30 years has been, and will continue to be, WINNING.

Our Corners are going to be eaten alive by big recievers like Auden Tate. If we are starting Bandy and Young out there we are screwed. We better hope that the Dline can get to Francois quick

So wait winning our last 5 games and destroying the #15 team meant nothing? We shouldn't have lost those 4 buy UF sucked and they were getting bashed by many yet somehow while UM is getting praised by many these guys said no from October while the ol, wr, DL linebackers and safeties were OK? I'm lost

Advertisement
So wait winning our last 5 games and destroying the #15 team meant nothing? We shouldn't have lost those 4 buy UF sucked and they were getting bashed by many yet somehow while UM is getting praised by many these guys said no from October while the ol, wr, DL linebackers and safeties were OK? I'm lost

You're lost and you should just give up if you can figure this one out.

Winning the games we should have won in October puts us at around 8th-14th in the nation all season long and attracts serious buzz to the program. Given that we closed the season red hot, we would've rode into the ACC championship game and given Clemson a **** of a game and would have probably secured a major bowl game against a marquee opponent.

If you fail to see the logic in the OP post then just keep your content with participation trophies to yourself.

Clearly you are. All I said is that the **** burger this team was during the make or break October turned a lot of guys off relatively early, making our winning streak at the end of the season less impactful. Like it or not UF still won their ****** division and played in a title game. Exposure and perception are everything.

That's exactly right. Winning 9 games and hoisting up the Taco Bell Burrito Trophy doesn't impress recruits.

Imagine that.

When was the last time Miami finished any season on a winning streak and ranked? Our two-year haul at offensive line, wide receiver, defensive end, linebacker and safety is as Top 5. We got arguably the best quarterback in the state this year. Weldon was a huge surprised. We missed at corner, but then Bandy and Dean will contribute immediately. I personally was never in love with McFarland. DeMatha is known for producing Division I offensive linemen year in year out. I'm not sure Edwards transfers in the end. Focus next year is defensive tackles, corners and running back.

Advertisement
Been a while and I think most really like this class, myself included, and see some real Star potential. I'm just saying the next step in our ascension is to win stretches like our last October and then we aren't waiting with baited breath on LOI day for these fickle 18 year olds.

Jedi Master Cane has it right on the nose. That 4 game losing streak in the middle of the year costs us recruits and we better find a way to win against ND and FSU next year. For the amount of talent Richt pulled in this year I would say this class is TERRIFIC. For 10 years we have been a middle tier ACCC team and that's how many of recruits view us. We need to win the ACC or the Division and then we can start to cherry picking. GO CANES

Man, Edwards and Henderson are the types who could care less if we went undefeated this season.

Followers.

We gonna win in October w guys like Thomas, DJ, Dallas, Dean, Donaldson, and Gaynor.

Advertisement
Recruits don't look at it as deeply as we do. The SEC East has been horrible, but UF has been in the championship game the last 2 years, on national TV, regardless of getting blown out or not. They're just looking at the surface and not going deeper into it. Gators get to the championship game 2 years in a row in the "perceived" toughest conference while we struggle in the ACC.

Jedi Master Cane has it right on the nose. That 4 game losing streak in the middle of the year costs us recruits and we better find a way to win against ND and FSU next year. For the amount of talent Richt pulled in this year I would say this class is TERRIFIC. For 10 years we have been a middle tier ACCC team and that's how many of recruits view us. We need to win the ACC or the Division and then we can start to cherry picking. GO CANES

Honestly....I know we're stuck with him so I'm trying to take a reasonable approach here.

But if Richt is going to seriously contend for national championships he needs to either pick it up in recruiting SIGNIFICANTLY or hire a dedicated OC. Period.

He's a conservative play caller. You can win playing conservative ball but you need elite athletes and to protect the studs in your backyard. Henderson represents EXACTLY the problem that's been going on here for 10 + years.

October did lose us a considerable number of choice targets.

We need an Offensive Coordinator with some SHINE.

Like our Defensive Coordinator SHINES.

Advertisement
Back