Gotta win in October if you wanna win on LOI day

Lol. The Win and they come might might help with a few cruits . But you need bags to compete with bama and the likes.

Advertisement
We now have weapons, need to better utilize them. Hoping g the OL allows for deeper developing routes this year for our shiny new toys.

Winning is the best recruiter. We start consistently winning big games/bowls again, and we'll reel in the top local kids. That being said, we should win 10 ballgames next season no matter the QB.

Winning only accomplishes so much. Anybody who doesn't think the stadium situation and game day atmosphere regulates our recruiting should have a jack-o-lantern for avatar. It partially negates our location edge.

Per usual, all the obsession with recruiting detail month after month means absolutely nothing. I pity the people who do it. Too much time. Too much energy. Too much stress. No comprehension that the percentage of benefit is minimal at best. Forecasting results is one thing. Logic can be applied. Forecasting fragile opinions is something else entirely. Laughable to believe there's any sophistication involved.

Big picture common sense perspective prevails. USC with the awesome game day atmosphere wins the late decisions while Miami wobbles. It's been that way since I started tuning in and it will not change.

Find a spot for a stadium near campus and it will change. Campus has to be part of the equation on game day. Otherwise you're kidding yourself.

This isn't 20 or 30 years ago when a program with special insight could consistently uncover the hidden gems. No margin for error in that approach. Signing 15 or 20 top ranked kids means wisdom of the crowd is on your side, not against you. The type of class we signed today, if repeated annually, logically keeps us in the 8-4 to 9-3 range.

Next year I won't follow any of the recruits but I'll post the identical themes. I love my chances.

Advertisement
Winning only accomplishes so much. Anybody who doesn't think the stadium situation and game day atmosphere regulates our recruiting should have a jack-o-lantern for avatar. It partially negates our location edge.

Per usual, all the obsession with recruiting detail month after month means absolutely nothing. I pity the people who do it. Too much time. Too much energy. Too much stress. No comprehension that the percentage of benefit is minimal at best. Forecasting results is one thing. Logic can be applied. Forecasting fragile opinions is something else entirely. Laughable to believe there's any sophistication involved.

Big picture common sense perspective prevails. USC with the awesome game day atmosphere wins the late decisions while Miami wobbles. It's been that way since I started tuning in and it will not change.

Find a spot for a stadium near campus and it will change. Campus has to be part of the equation on game day. Otherwise you're kidding yourself.

This isn't 20 or 30 years ago when a program with special insight could consistently uncover the hidden gems. No margin for error in that approach. Signing 15 or 20 top ranked kids means wisdom of the crowd is on your side, not against you. The type of class we signed today, if repeated annually, logically keeps us in the 8-4 to 9-3 range.

Next year I won't follow any of the recruits but I'll post the identical themes. I love my chances.

Same old nonsense stadium worship from Awsi. No recruit is shunning Miami because or picking your beloved USC because of a stadium.

Advertisement
Back