Gotta pay Guidry

This was my exact take when this came up a few weeks ago. I didn't know that it was DUI history that had kept him from getting a P5 shot. I think the man is ecstatic to be here and I don't think he's just going to burn Mario like that. Unless Mario is a bigger pain in the back side behind the scenes than we already suspect. For all his faults I believe Mario to be a stand up guy and pretty genuine for the most part. Brian Kelly on the other hand........... Let's just say that Kelly must be top 10 easily in the category of biggest prick to work for.
What's the history with Kelly? I've never heard it. Don't like him as a coach... just asking because I'm unawares.

Advertisement
To me, they are very very similar to the 2017 Canes, with a few key differences:
  1. Travis is miles better than Malik ever was.
  2. Norvell is a far better play-caller than Richt ever was.
  3. They've got better-skill players on offense, definitely at WR.
That 2017 team faltered due to injuries and stagnant playcalling. If Malik, Ahmon, and Herndon stayed healthy, I'm convinced we would've finished the year 11-0 and we would've been in the CFP (game against Clemson would've been closer and enough to get us into the CFP regardless).

This FSU team has had insane injury luck, and some very lucky circumstances go their way. Wouldn't be surprised if we went up there and put an A&M performance on them. Not to mention they don't view us as a threat. I don't know if I'm quoting him correctly, but @Cribby said in a thread a little while back that they think they're gonna blow us out. That arrogance will catch up to them.
i meant that they are similar to the 2017 Canes in that they win games that they should lose.

hopefully the 2023 FSU Miami game equals the 2017 UM Pitt game and FSU is Miami [corrected].

Last edited:
What's the history with Kelly? I've never heard it. Don't like him as a coach... just asking because I'm unawares.

I agree but those two long TDs on 3rd and 15+ were inexcusable. I don't think UNC was on him though; this being Miami, we always lose to a team twice.
One was a busted assignment , they were bracketing the wr and Kam left for a dig route which makes no sense. The call was perfect.

Advertisement
I’ll be surprised if he’s back next year. LSU is not going to care about the DUI stuff and will pay him whatever they need to. He’s a Louisiana boy through and through and has a history of short stints at his prior stops anyway.

Advertisement
Guidry made some mistakes in the past that have had an effect on his career.... He's paid his dues.... He finally got his foot in the door with a big program and is taking full advantage of it... If by chance another opportunity arises ( and they will) then good for him. He's worked his tail off and deserves it... If we decide to pay more to keep him then again, good for him... He's earned his chance to advance his career in every facet allowable....

I’ll be surprised if he’s back next year. LSU is not going to care about the DUI stuff and will pay him whatever they need to. He’s a Louisiana boy through and through and has a history of short stints at his prior stops anyway.
When did LSU fire their DC?

Advertisement
Back