Gordinier

Clwtrdan

Freshman
Anyone hear anything about whether or not he will be back for spring? He looked pretty good before getting hurt last year.

Advertisement
Haven't heard a mention about him since last spring. We need some depth at LB we look like FAU when we dip into second string there

Haven't heard a mention about him since last spring. We need some depth at LB we look like FAU when we dip into second string there

I thought Smith looked decent for a 2nd stringer in a few games but seemed to fade down the stretch. Hopefully Owens can shed some weight and work on his speed because I think he's a good player. Obviously wasn't even close to being back from the knee injury last year.

Hopefully Gordinier and Owens come back 100%. Would be nice to RS at least 2 of the incoming LB's.

Advertisement
Speaking of depth, who backs up/will back up McCloud at Sam? Gordinier is definitely a Mike/Will, pretty confident Owens is too.

Hopefully Gordinier and Owens come back 100%. Would be nice to RS at least 2 of the incoming LB's.

It takes 2 seasons to get back 100% from an acl,we saw how slow Owens looked this season,I wouldn't expect much from Gordinier until 2018.

Advertisement
Gordinier is only 5 month post surgery. There is no way he plays in the Spring. That being said, supposedly he and Cager who had ACL surgery as well, are both running with the team but not full participants in Mat drills. The need Gordinier to be fully healed. Owens looked terrible last year running and didn't seem fully healed.

Our depth at LB should no longer be a concern. Obviously we know our starting 3 is beast. Having Owens get healthy will be huge. Getting Gordy pushes Smith(who actually wasn't bad last year at all). Perry obviously the other one in the two deep. Steed to me is the #1 guy to get a RS. Recover fully from that injury and get ready for 2018. Wilder would be great for SPT. Probably our fastest LB but obviously the size is a factor. Have him carve out a role on SPT this year. Nothing wrong with more speed. Forgot to even mention Bradley Jennings Jr. I think he could be an RS guy just because of who we currently have on the roster. Getting him in as an EE was big for him but unless he unseats one of the older guys or an injury/transfer, I can't see him playing much unless it's SPT.

Last edited:
Gordinier is only 5 month post surgery. There is no way he plays in the Spring. That being said, supposedly he and Cager who had ACL surgery as well, are both running with the team but not full participants in Mat drills. The need Gordinier to be fully healed. Owens looked terrible last year running and didn't seem fully healed.

I concur with your opinion, Doctor. Only Adrian Peterson could heal this quickly.

Advertisement
Owens should be 100% this year and expect his play to improve as much. Gordinier, let's see. Still a young player and has plenty of time to contribute. If not 17, then definitely 18. My opinion, he will come into depth play by second half of the 17 season...

I concur with your opinion, Doctor. Only Adrian Peterson could heal this quickly.

Our depth at LB should no longer be a concern. Obviously we know our starting 3 is beast. Having Owens get healthy will be huge. Getting Gordy pushes Smith(who actually wasn't bad last year at all). Perry obviously the other one in the two deep. Steed to me is the #1 guy to get a RS. Recover fully from that injury and get ready for 2018. Wilder would be great for SPT. Probably our fastest LB but obviously the size is a factor. Have him carve out a role on SPT this year. Nothing wrong with more speed. Forgot to even mention Bradley Jennings Jr. I think he could be an RS guy just because of who we currently have on the roster. Getting him in as an EE was big for him but unless he unseats one of the older guys or an injury/transfer, I can't see him playing much unless it's SPT.

I agree. There won't be a good LB haul because of Bermuda 2.0 which means RS 1 or 2 of the '17 class is crucial.

Good luck on his recovery but he has a major uphill battle to see any meaningful snaps in the future. I don't like to hate on Canes but in the action I saw last year he already looked a little timid. Maybe he didn't trust his reads but the kid moved like DO after the ACL. Owens was so explosive beforehand, I just don't see Gordinier playing at a level exceptionally higher than he was before which he would need to do to in order to take snaps away from Mike after another off season of weights.

Advertisement

Owens looked terrible when one of the fresh went down vs wvu and I remember clearly wvu attacking it fast. He is super slow

With the three guys from this last cycle we finally have speed and Miami caliber step up and do what the starter did depth

Last edited:

Owens looked terrible when one of the fresh went down vs wvu and I remember clearly wvu attacking it fast. He is super slow

With the three guys from this last cycle we finally have speed and Miami caliber step up and do what the starter did depth

Owens wasn't ready imo, he never looked close to himself. Dude used to run pretty **** well before injury. I expect to see that guy this year

In the history of football there are thousands of examples of players recovering from these types of injuries. Whether it takes them six months or 18 months, each case is different. But the fact is, you can get back to virtually what you were before in many cases. Only time will tell.

Advertisement
Back