Good things are starting to happen (Radakovich)...

How about a D1 lax teams, both Mens and Womens?
A ton of the student body comes from the Atlantic and Northeast states where lacrosse is huge. Recruiting would be primarily from prep schools. Almost all those kids come with good grades and money. We could build a monster. STA has great lacrosse by the way.

You can play at Cobb no problem. Infrastructure would be no problem.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I will briefly address the issue of softball facilities.

Softball does not require anywhere near a "stadium" complex for seating. You build the field and a few bleachers, no big deal.

An EASY spot that could hold a softball field would be the land on the north side of campus, by Mahoney-Pearson. Softball will likely never have the same seating/parking needs, and any parking could be accommodated by the Mahoney-Pearson parking garage (not unlike the parking garage down by Mark Light). You'd have minimal "residential" issues, as you just have a few multi-unit houses across Granada. There aren't a ton of night games for softball. All-in-all, while you probably would prefer to build a facility on campus, it is definitely something do-able.
You can put in seating for about 500. We don't need 2,000 seat stadiums like SEC schools. 12 scholarships are the women's softball limit. I think this is great news.

You can put in seating for about 500. We don't need 2,000 seat stadiums like SEC schools. 12 scholarships are the women's softball limit. I think this is great news.

Yes, you could put in a "wall" of seating along the first base line (which could be along Granada) and then the third base line could be along Ponce (maybe a few rows of bleachers). Outfield is near WestLab. It could fit.

Advertisement
Women's softball???

Oh goodie. UM could use an additional 25 ******* eeerrrrr "same ***" chicks on campus, I guess. Chick softball is a joke of a sport. They play on the same size field as 9 year old boys. That said, I think it could be a real sport but they need to go to a 50/70 diamond with 300' fences. Playing on a 45/60 diamond with 200-210' fences is childish. The entire sport is pitching, walks, and bunting.

As others have noted, UM not having a men's soccer team is fraudulent. South Florida is a hotbed for soccer talent. The ACC is the premier soccer conference in the NCAA. Yet we're talking about adding chick softball. C'mon, meng!!
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Add Lacrosse. It's a solid ACC support and there are enough good South FL programs now to support it.
Came to post just this; agreed…and Lacrosse typically are associated w/ high end academic schools
Lacrosse is a real ******' sport and I'm bummed it wasn't available at my high school because I would have played it. S&C programming for lacrosse is difficult because it requires so much conditioning, strength and rotational power - it's like hockey and soccer combined.

Advertisement
Lacrosse is a real ******' sport and I'm bummed it wasn't available at my high school because I would have played it. S&C programming for lacrosse is difficult because it requires so much conditioning, strength and rotational power - it's like hockey and soccer combined.
That is why the Canucks play box lacrosse during their off season when they aren't playing hockey.

You cannot hit like you use to though.

Women's softball???

Oh goodie. UM could use an additional 25 ******* eeerrrrr "same ***" chicks on campus, I guess. Chick softball is a joke of a sport. They play on the same size field as 9 year old boys. That said, I think it could be a real sport but they need to go to a 50/70 diamond with 300' fences. Playing on a 45/60 diamond with 200-210' fences is childish. The entire sport is pitching, walks, and bunting.

As others have noted, UM not having a men's soccer team is fraudulent. South Florida is a hotbed for soccer talent. The ACC is the premier soccer conference in the NCAA. Yet we're talking about adding chick softball. C'mon, meng!!
your lamest post in your history here.

4 sports I have thee utmost respect for after dibbling & dabbling for recreation or fitness:

1. Boxing
2. Lacrosse
3. Rugby
4. Tennis

The amount of conditioning, hand eye coordination needed…my goodness. Would love for Miami to have a Lacrosse team. Wanna be seen an elitist like school? Add Lacrosse.

4 sports I have thee utmost respect for after dibbling & dabbling for recreation or fitness:

1. Boxing
2. Lacrosse
3. Rugby
4. Tennis

The amount of conditioning, hand eye coordination needed…my goodness. Would love for Miami to have a Lacrosse team. Wanna be seen an elitist like school? Add Lacrosse.

Advertisement
Be thankful to have Radakovich during these turbulent NIL times. He's got the experience, intelligence, savvy, and connections to steer a full athletic program through it. And, he will be overseeing people who will learn from him, and have better preparation when the time comes for him to step away.

Yuge hire. Absolutely bigly.
You mean you were questioning Blake’s intelligence and savvy?? Agree 1000%. We’d be in a total **** storm with Blake still in charge.

You mean you were questioning Blake’s intelligence and savvy?? Agree 1000%. We’d be in a total **** storm with Blake still in charge.
This wasn't a hire made just to help football. This was some Darwin survival ****.

Be thankful to have Radakovich during these turbulent NIL times. He's got the experience, intelligence, savvy, and connections to steer a full athletic program through it. And, he will be overseeing people who will learn from him, and have better preparation when the time comes for him to step away.

Yuge hire. Absolutely bigly.

I’ve posted on it before. The marginal cost difference of $1mm for a decent AD to an elite AD like Rad is the best money you could ever spend in college athletics….. especially for a private school like Miami

Advertisement

Love it. What an athlete. I remember Duke took an all-state wide receiver from Texas and he became an All-American middie. BTW, Collins is off balance too much. My son would have lite him up as an LSM or D Middie. Those kids were afraid of him...lol.

I just texted my son. Rad is going to add sports. His response, "If he adds lacrosse, I am ******* going to be ****ed."

I will briefly address the issue of softball facilities.

Softball does not require anywhere near a "stadium" complex for seating. You build the field and a few bleachers, no big deal.

An EASY spot that could hold a softball field would be the land on the north side of campus, by Mahoney-Pearson. Softball will likely never have the same seating/parking needs, and any parking could be accommodated by the Mahoney-Pearson parking garage (not unlike the parking garage down by Mark Light). You'd have minimal "residential" issues, as you just have a few multi-unit houses across Granada. There aren't a ton of night games for softball. All-in-all, while you probably would prefer to build a facility on campus, it is definitely something do-able.
Yeah except it’s not that easy. Title IX isn’t just scholarships. You have to also to have equitable facilities, staffing, equipment, resources, etc. You can’t just put a field with a few bleachers and call it a day when baseball has a full stadium, locker rooms, cages, etc.

Advertisement
Back