Good read on the Fiasco Bowl ten years later

Coker was the problem. As bad as the call was, we were a much better team in terms of game-changing, big-play, talent. It never should have been close. It never should have come down to that call. We all blame Porter, but deep down we know part of the blame rests with Coker who didn't have the team ready to play.

Advertisement
The oline never knowing what was going on and not being able to adjust all game is the biggest issue I took away from that...

smh... @ corch kehoe

Yep. Some people still insist that Kehoe is a great OL coach. He simply isn't.

What..........no blame goes to Coke head? I swear I'd like to slap anyone who mentions Larry being a "good offensive coordinator when he was here just not head coach material". Dude was a ****ing moron. It was his responsibility. He was the "alleged" offensive minded head coach here.

Coker absolutely deserves much of the blame. But it is not uncommon for great teams to maintain a pretty consistent game plan. I have no problem with UM going in with the mindset that they would attack OSU the same way they've attacked everybody else for 3 years. Beat 'em with superior skill. My problem is more along the lines of Romberg pretty much saying that Kehoe had no answer for the OSU DL. That is where the game was lost IMO.

Also, Coke brains is long gone from the team, but the sub-standard coaching of Kehoe is still hurting us.

Coker let Jim "The Sweater" Tressel come watch UM practices before the season began. Who the **** lets the enemy see what they do and how you run your system knowing full well that you might have to play them at a later day. Coker was a douche bag. End of story.

Coker let Jim "The Sweater" Tressel come watch UM practices before the season began. Who the **** lets the enemy see what they do and how you run your system knowing full well that you might have to play them at a later day. Coker was a douche bag. End of story.

That's a fairly common practice and we got to watch OSU as well. Coker was in over his head but the reason above had nothing to do with our loss.

The only thing I ever want to read with regards to that game will be the article where it is learned that Terry Porter fell
asleep at the wheel and ran off the road expiring in a horrific car fire.

Advertisement
The oline never knowing what was going on and not being able to adjust all game is the biggest issue I took away from that...

smh... @ corch kehoe

Yep. Some people still insist that Kehoe is a great OL coach. He simply isn't.

What..........no blame goes to Coke head? I swear I'd like to slap anyone who mentions Larry being a "good offensive coordinator when he was here just not head coach material". Dude was a ****ing moron. It was his responsibility. He was the "alleged" offensive minded head coach here.

Coker absolutely deserves much of the blame. But it is not uncommon for great teams to maintain a pretty consistent game plan. I have no problem with UM going in with the mindset that they would attack OSU the same way they've attacked everybody else for 3 years. Beat 'em with superior skill. My problem is more along the lines of Romberg pretty much saying that Kehoe had no answer for the OSU DL. That is where the game was lost IMO.

Also, Coke brains is long gone from the team, but the sub-standard coaching of Kehoe is still hurting us.

I'm not trying to divert blame away from Kehoe, however, if we face a similarly difficult situation during the Fisch ERA, I'm sure Jed would now how to fix the problem. That responsibility really falls on the O-coordinator in conjunction with the O-line coach.

It's the Offensive Coordinator's job to make those adjustments as far as blocking schemes go, just as much as the o-line coach. Blocking schemes can't be just "switched up on the fly", without direction and acknowledgment of the O-Coord.

Advertisement
Back