Good News?

Advertisement
C, thanks for the comprehensive list. The ball is now is whose court as far as players/schools go? NCAA's?

NCAA hasn’t done chit. They will likely sit out until the FBI is done. The FBI has actual power, the NCAA has none.

Worst case I've heard yet was involving former NC State "one and done," Dennis Smith. "Loan" from an agent for $75,000.

Worst thing about UNC and Duke are a free meal (or two) at local restaurants. Reportedly, UNC's Brice Johnson had a free $100 meal at Carraba's in Chapel Hill. If they have that chain where you live, that seems a bit strange. Hard to order a $100 meal at a place like that; maybe three meals ...

LOL! There is one right off of UM campus and ya to order 100$ meal he must have been bringing home leftovers for his whole family.

Potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families (including schools that had players who received $10,000 or more in questionable benefits):
Duke
North Carolina
Texas
Kentucky
Michigan State
USC
Alabama
NC State
Seton Hall
LSU
Maryland
Washington

Schools named in Dawkins' expense reports (seeking reimbursement for thousands of dollars he reported as being paid to college and high school players and their families):
South Carolina
Louisville
Utah
Xavier
Wichita State
Clemson
Kansas
Michigan State
USC
Texas

Schools that had a player or player's family listed as meeting with Dawkins:
Alabama
Notre Dame
Vanderbilt
Iowa State
Duke
Kentucky
North Carolina
Creighton
Texas
Virginia

Schools with active players implicated:
Alabama (Collin Sexton)
Duke (Wendell Carter)
Kentucky (Kevin Knox)
Michigan State (Miles Bridges)
South Carolina (Brian Bowen)
Texas (Eric Davis Jr.)
USC (Bennie Boatwright)

Schools with former players implicated:
Clemson
Creighton
Iowa State
Kansas
Louisville
LSU
Maryland
NC State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Seton Hall
Utah
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Washington
Wichita State
Xavier
I hope they implicate Bama’s whole Athletics program 🙏🏾Please put them on probation and Satan will leave for sure

Advertisement
Arizona about to get all the way the **** outta here god ****

I feel like this can be nothing but good news for us, if there really was evidence against Larranaga or any of his assistants like that, it would have come out already. Too bad it cost us a recruiting class, but it might be light compared to what these other schools are about to get lolol

I said it when the news came out. There was no way Coach L was involved in payments to players and I would have said that if he were the FSU or UF head coach.

Advertisement
Crazy that 10 of the current top 15 are named! What big names are not listed!? Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Michigan State, Kansas... Crazy

Advertisement
The shadiest part of that story is that per his contract, Miller still gets his full base salary for the term of the contract if he's fired "with cause." That is nuts. There is also a clause about Miller giving the university 300k to cover expenses of an ncaa investigation. The contract screams "go cheat."

Sure but he may never coach again. So cheat, get caught, DONEzo.

Is it too late for Nassir Little to switch back to us now that UNC is in trouble?
UNC isn't really "in trouble." At least so far. All Duke and UNC are facing is an allegation of an agent taking a player (who is no longer at the school) out for one dinner. Both schools, of course (as we would in the same circumstances), deny any knowledge. Which is very plausible. The kid was already at the school (Senior year, I think, for Brice Johnson), and dinner was to influence the kid to sign with their agency for NBA negotiations.

Advertisement
I've been sort of hate-watching Gameday this morning. Whenever Seth Greenberg or one of these other college basketball lifers starts talking about how shocked / angry / disappointed they are, I can't help but wonder how full of **** they are. There's no way these guys (and other current coaches) don't know that this was happening right? It's happening all over the place.

Advertisement
Back