Good News?

Advertisement
Either this is just the beginning, or the FBI is starting to leak stuff out because they don’t really have a case. I have no idea which one is true.

Definitely good news but we have already taken a hit in recruiting this year which set us back 1-2 seasons. Coach L will have to work his magic on the transfer market again unfortunately.

If it does turn out we did nothing wrong this is truly infuriating we took this type of setback

So far so good but as college sports fan this is devastating. *** rape at Penn St is ok with the press but paying players? Nope they will be outraged

Advertisement
That isn’t the whole report but given how Yahoo loves us and has no credibility after they’re attempt with Nevingate, I would believe they would throw our name out there if they could.

I'd love to see Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc. get slapped, but even if they did, would it have the same effect that it had on Miami? Miami had an entire recruiting class destroyed and who knows how long it will take for us to be in the conversation for multiple top 100 recruits again.

Can't really say we had this year's class destroyed. Who knows if Nasser and anyone else we were recruiting would've signed with us. Maybe yes, maybe no. The bad pub, however, sure didn't help!

This news surely will shift the spotlight to the schools mentioned in these articles. And that is definitely a good thing for us! If we are "exonerated," I'm happiest for Coach L.

Advertisement
I'd love to see Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc. get slapped, but even if they did, would it have the same effect that it had on Miami? Miami had an entire recruiting class destroyed and who knows how long it will take for us to be in the conversation for multiple top 100 recruits again.

It is funny because we lost kids, not that we had 100% chance to get them, to those some of those schools.

Those kids should have the opportunity, should they want, to reconsider.

FBI has nothing better to do than chase after agents paying for dinners and plane tickets? What a load of ****. It's one thing for the NCAA to do that. That's their job (allegedly). But the FBI?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Worst case I've heard yet was involving former NC State "one and done," Dennis Smith. "Loan" from an agent for $75,000.

Worst thing about UNC and Duke are a free meal (or two) at local restaurants. Reportedly, UNC's Brice Johnson had a free $100 meal at Carraba's in Chapel Hill. If they have that chain where you live, that seems a bit strange. Hard to order a $100 meal at a place like that; maybe three meals ...

Yeah, it's good to see that list without seeing our name or any of our player's names. But that's also just the list with ties to one specific agency right? You have to believe there are many other agencies that do the same stuff. If one of them is getting scrutiny like this, I imagine it's only a matter of time that others get the same scrutiny. Every school in the country that has enrolled kids who think they have an NBA future is at risk of being mentioned in the next report.

Potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families (including schools that had players who received $10,000 or more in questionable benefits):
Duke
North Carolina
Texas
Kentucky
Michigan State
USC
Alabama
NC State
Seton Hall
LSU
Maryland
Washington

Schools named in Dawkins' expense reports (seeking reimbursement for thousands of dollars he reported as being paid to college and high school players and their families):
South Carolina
Louisville
Utah
Xavier
Wichita State
Clemson
Kansas
Michigan State
USC
Texas

Schools that had a player or player's family listed as meeting with Dawkins:
Alabama
Notre Dame
Vanderbilt
Iowa State
Duke
Kentucky
North Carolina
Creighton
Texas
Virginia

Schools with active players implicated:
Alabama (Collin Sexton)
Duke (Wendell Carter)
Kentucky (Kevin Knox)
Michigan State (Miles Bridges)
South Carolina (Brian Bowen)
Texas (Eric Davis Jr.)
USC (Bennie Boatwright)

Schools with former players implicated:
Clemson
Creighton
Iowa State
Kansas
Louisville
LSU
Maryland
NC State
North Carolina
Notre Dame
Seton Hall
Utah
Vanderbilt
Virginia
Washington
Wichita State
Xavier

C, thanks for the comprehensive list. The ball is now is whose court as far as players/schools go? NCAA's?

Advertisement
Back