Good news on Scott and bad news on Green/Houston

My thoughts on this situation:

Kevin Scott will be a Cane if USC lands DL Rasheem Green, ILB John Houston Jr., OLB Porter Gustin and CB Iman "Biggie" Marshall. If any of those 4 choose elsewhere Scott in all likelihood will be a Trojan. So we need to hope USC lands those 4 and Scott falls to us. Out of those 4, we have to hope that a miracle happens and Green or Houston pick Miami. It's extremely unlikely(massive understatement) we land either one but Green is the most likely should that happen, we have a 1-in-3 shot with him if he doesn't choose USC.

As for Jethro, it's hard to judge him purely as a coach due to the 2-gap scheme(which is why No D is the biggest problem here). If we ran a 1-gap scheme then we would actually get to see what kind of coach Jethro really is! Say what you want about his recruiting, but he's essentially handcuffed because who on earth could sell playing in a 2-gap scheme to high school players??? 2-gapping should be an NFL only defense. A different scheme would allow us to accurately judge Jethro as a coach and also make it 50x easier for him to sell to recruits. Also, he's been below-average as a recruiter undoubtedly but he's still only the 3rd worst recruiter on staff. Between PW and No D I literally can't even figure out who is worse as a recruiter, both are just god awful. We would be fine if Jethro was our weak link as a recruiter, but could actually coach DL for a 1-gap scheme. The REAL problem is that we have TWO staff members that are even worse than him! So for those reasons I can't just blatantly criticize him.

No D and PW I will never defend, if that's even what you want to call my paragraph on Jethro. Those two needed to be gone years ago!

Advertisement

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422497779855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422497779855.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 11
Advertisement
As for Jethro, it's hard to judge him purely as a coach due to the 2-gap scheme(which is why No D is the biggest problem here). If we ran a 1-gap scheme then we would actually get to see what kind of coach Jethro really is! Say what you want about his recruiting, but he's essentially handcuffed because who on earth could sell playing in a 2-gap scheme to high school players??? 2-gapping should be an NFL only defense. A different scheme would allow us to accurately judge Jethro as a coach and also make it 50x easier for him to sell to recruits. Also, he's been below-average as a recruiter undoubtedly but he's still only the 3rd worst recruiter on staff. Between PW and No D I literally can't even figure out who is worse as a recruiter, both are just god awful. We would be fine if Jethro was our weak link as a recruiter, but could actually coach DL for a 1-gap scheme. The REAL problem is that we have TWO staff members that are even worse than him! So for those reasons I can't just blatantly criticize him.

No D and PW I will never defend, if that's even what you want to call my paragraph on Jethro. Those two needed to be gone years ago!

Good stuff.

Not even Jack Welsh could sell with golden and dorito are running out there on defense.

Defensive tackle Kevin Scott (Los Angeles, Calif./Salesian) said the Trojans are "in the picture with Miami as well" following his official visit from Tuesday through this afternoon to USC.

Scott departs for a weekend official visit to Ole Miss this afternoon.

"I'm excited because they play in the SEC," Scott said of Ole Miss. "All of the best players are down South. After this visit I should know where everyone stands."

Scott said he plans to announce his college choice on the morning of National Signing Day on local television.

The Crystal Ball reads 83-percent for USC, eight-percent for Miami and eight-percent for Ole Miss.

USC is the only school that was able to get Scott's mom on an official visit with him.

"That was big," Scott said. "It's close to home and that helps."

Tuesday Scott said he spent time with Trojans defensive line coach Chris Wilson and hung out with the players at night.

Wednesday, Scott said he saw the academic portion.

"I want to major in Communications," Scott said. "USC has the No. 1 Communications program in the country. My mom was happy and impressed with that.

Kevon Seymour served as his player-host.

"That was good because we are close," Scott said. "He was a childhood friend of mine. We had fun."

This morning, Scott met with Trojans head coach Steve Sarkisian for breakfast.

"He said if I come I can play early," Scott said. "He said they will develop me into a great player. I can be my own person and I won't be anything but great."

kid is USC bound if they want him

Advertisement
Back