Good news on Scott and bad news on Green/Houston

if USC closes the way everyone thinks (Green, Houston, Porter, Marshall) they ain't gonna have room for Scott i don't think.

Advertisement
recruiting is a sales process, and Jethro just does not seem to uncover the truth and gets strung along, hes the average sales rep that people deal with because they like him not because hes good at what he does

recruiting is a sales process, and Jethro just does not seem to uncover the truth and gets strung along, hes the average sales rep that people deal with because they like him not because hes good at what he does

Bottom line is he doesn't deliver as evidenced by our continued lack of defensive tackles.

Matt PorterVerified account ‏@mattyports

Five-star DT Rasheem Green told Canesport that USC "kind of" has an edge. On Miami: "It would be a leap of faith for me to go there."

lolz

It seems like the kid sees things clearly. Cannot fault him for that.

I have no problem taking Kevin Scott out of this whole deal. We're in a good place in that USC is limited on who all they can take this year. If that means that their #3 DT on the list falls to UM, Im cool with that.

I really like Kevin Scott. I had a conversation with Bakas yesterday, he said that he confirmed with the Old Miss Scout.com guy (who has gotten to know Kevin Scott) that his USC offer is provisional, based on whether or not Rasheem Green signs with USC. I think Canes fans should root for Rasheem Green to USC, that way we can land Kevin Scott. #Levels

Advertisement
BTW - Golden and Jeffro did an in-home with Kevin Scott on Monday. The Old Miss coaches will be at his house tomorrow. I think Kevin Scott is a UM- Old Miss battle.

Using the old recruiting adage, city kid or town kid - Kevin Scott is a city kid. That gives me hope that we can land him over Old Miss.

if USC closes the way everyone thinks (Green, Houston, Porter, Marshall) they ain't gonna have room for Scott i don't think.

That's the word on USC forums -- 4 main targets with big expectation of a sweep. It's reached the point that anything less than a sweep would be a disappointment and somewhat shocking.

I agree that we should root for that sweep, and greater chance of picking off the top of the next tier. If USC loses somebody from their 4 targets it almost certainly won't be in our direction.

I wish every premier recruit would choose between Miami and USC.

Otherwise, it's absolutely correct that top defensive tackles aren't prevalent in the Miami area. I seldom see it, and I'm desperate to scan that position at every high school game I attend. Lots of small mediocrities. The occasional kid who is big enough simply isn't athletic enough. Roster size is way down from decades ago, which contributes. You still see running backs and cornerbacks flashing all over the place, even sophomores, but the big guys are lesser in number and talent.

Moten is a nice player. More narrow than ideal and plays somewhat high, at least based on brief glimpses from 2014. Certainly a step above the type we've been bringing in, the wish and hope kids who earn lengthy threads, for no apparent reason. As always, rely on majority, not exceptions. When they are rated consensus high, they'll produce that way. As long as we desperately hold onto the old notion that we can dominate with lesser or obscure recruits, we'll continue to flounder.

I have no problem taking Kevin Scott out of this whole deal. We're in a good place in that USC is limited on who all they can take this year. If that means that their #3 DT on the list falls to UM, Im cool with that.

I really like Kevin Scott. I had a conversation with Bakas yesterday, he said that he confirmed with the Old Miss Scout.com guy (who has gotten to know Kevin Scott) that his USC offer is provisional, based on whether or not Rasheem Green signs with USC. I think Canes fans should root for Rasheem Green to USC, that way we can land Kevin Scott. #Levels

Whoa bakas?

Advertisement
BTW - Golden and Jeffro did an in-home with Kevin Scott on Monday. The Old Miss coaches will be at his house tomorrow. I think Kevin Scott is a UM- Old Miss battle.

Using the old recruiting adage, city kid or town kid - Kevin Scott is a city kid. That gives me hope that we can land him over Old Miss.
And if he chooses Old **** get ready for the "they paid him" nonsense from Al's Army.

Why should we root for Green to go to USC?
It seems to me there is a 99.998% chance he goes there, and the other 0.002% chance is that he comes here. To me, doesn't seem like ASU or Oregon are in it. So, if he doesn't choose USC, IMO, that would mean he's likely coming here. And that would be the best case scenario.

Matt PorterVerified account ‏@mattyports

Five-star DT Rasheem Green told Canesport that USC "kind of" has an edge. On Miami: "It would be a leap of faith for me to go there."

lolz

Lol at anyone who tried to believe that we were going to get two 5 stars from Serra.

The majority here have known they would not come.

His comments proves it.

Serra = USC

Last edited:

Is this what it comes down to under Folden...Hoping other schools like USC sign higher rated guys so we can sign their plan b and c's by default!? Or how about miss on or not even recruit the top guys from our own backyard and end up fighting schools like Old Dominion, Toledo, Eastern Kentucky, etc for plan a, b, and c recruits?! Ain't no levels...it's depressing

Advertisement

Is this what it comes down to under Folden...Hoping other schools like USC sign higher rated guys so we can sign their plan b and c's by default!? Or how about miss on or not even recruit the top guys from our own backyard and end up fighting schools like Old Dominion, Toledo, Eastern Kentucky, etc for plan a, b, and c recruits?! Ain't no levels...it's depressing

You're joking right?

Schools like USC are absolute monsters in recruiting, just like us. If you expect to beat out USC for any top player in california, when we are in Florida, you are absolutely crazy. Pulling a player from Serra, right from under USC, happens maybe a few times a decade. Especially when we absolutely suck.

Like I said, Serra is a true feeder school to USC. So is LB Poly. ABSOLUTELY NO SHOT w/ any kid from Serra, period. It does not matter who coaches there, Serra will continue to produce top kids to there. We have a little shot w/ Poly kids, simply b/c a lot of them grew up in the hood and they want to escape, but still that's a 1% chance since if they do escape, it's to another PAC-12 school.

However, w/ that being said, Carroll was supposed to be the plug in Cali...epic fail. Williams causes top dbs to shy away from us...epic fail. Franklin can't coach his own his own shadow...epic fail. Al has literally assembled the worst recruiting staff ever. If Al wants the big fish, he needs to do the job himself...these other clowns he has as primary recruiters suck.

we gotta tweet him some kkk stuff to scare him off the night before NSD.

Advertisement

This is silly logic. We have probably beaten out USC for a recruit from Cali they wanted 4 times in the last 20 years. (Willie Dixon, DJ Williams, and Kyle Wright is all I can think of) Name one recruit from the Miami area that USC really wanted that we didn't beat them for? They wanted Marcus Robinson BAD. Our fanbase didn't even see them as real competition. So the theory goes both ways. Just the way it is. Its an uphill battle trying to sway a kid from USCs backyard when they are hittin' on all cylinders.

I'm not here to blow smoke up anyone's ***. Im just here to disseminate the facts as I see them.

This is how you have to recruit when:
1) You suck at your job and went 6-7 with an NFL laden roster.
2) Have an unofficial mandate from the president of the university to "geographically diversify" your football program.
3) Run a scheme that elite level kids don't want to play in.

What has Jethro done here? His DL sucks and he misses on every target he gets. Also close but just can't close the deal.

Whoa bakas?

Scout.com Canes reporter. (canestime.com)

Advertisement
Back