Good news on NJouku

4 offers: Miami, UConn, Temple & Rutgers

Visiting Penn State this weekend.

has a Penn State offer. And will get the OSU offer, thats Meyer's move, offer on the trip and try to close like he tried with Berrios

Where are you seeing that he has a PSU offer?

And he doesn't have a visit to OSU scheduled.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/174265/david-njoku

espn, has PSU offer and OSU visit 1/17

Advertisement
Can we get him on campus again, or did we use our only official visit in December?

has a Penn State offer. And will get the OSU offer, thats Meyer's move, offer on the trip and try to close like he tried with Berrios

Scout lists a PSU offer

Cool. I don't use Scout. They pretty much suck.

If true, could be bad news for us.

Does it list an offer date? Before or after they hired Franklin?

I just looked at scout, ESPN, rivals, 247...basically all the sites to see.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/174265/david-njoku

247 has no offer from either PSU or OSU and him visiting PSU on the 17th

Advertisement
Golden recruits the bottom of his roster using the old adage, "It's better to have a big sorry kid than a small sorry kid."

Finally...a good news thread that didn't get derailed. I hope I don't speak too soon.

Good news and I hope we land him Thanks for the info.

Advertisement
Pete has reported both have committable offers so I'd guess the staff is ok with taking both. D$ said as much as well.

I dont know why people dont get this, but there is no such thing as an uncommittable offer. If you cannot commit, you dont have an offer. The definition of an offer is a scholarship to play a sport and go to school somewhere. How can you have a scholarship offer, but not have the ability to commit? Just makes no sense.

Definitely going to go all in on this kid with Griffin out of the picture.

Really feel bad for Griffin. Can't believe he couldn't just pass the ACT one time. Cot ****. Hopefully he grinds this thing out and is determined to make it in here somehow.

Pete has reported both have committable offers so I'd guess the staff is ok with taking both. D$ said as much as well.

I dont know why people dont get this, but there is no such thing as an uncommittable offer. If you cannot commit, you dont have an offer. The definition of an offer is a scholarship to play a sport and go to school somewhere. How can you have a scholarship offer, but not have the ability to commit? Just makes no sense.

Conditional offer. If someone drops out, you're next or if we don't get some other guy, you're next. Commitable means no condition.

Last edited:
This is recruiting. You can have s*** like "I am 80% committed or I am committed to ___, but I am gonna keep my option open....", but also uncommittable offer.

Advertisement

Conditional offer. If someone drops out, you're next or if we don't get some other guy, you're next. Commitable means no condition.

A conditional offer is still not an offer. It's really not different than saying you're our backup plan, we'll offer if ____ doesn't commit.

A conditional offer is still not an offer. It's really not different than saying you're our backup plan, we'll offer if ____ doesn't commit.

Yeah, but it sounds like more and when you're a coach selling a recruit on possibly waiting the word "offer" carries a lot more weight, even if conditional.

if psu and osu offer, i want him then.

Borderline retarded post, negged. Whether those schools offer or not he's still the same player, SMH. Take the 4 minutes to watch the film and decide for yourself, jesus.

Semantics. Like another poster said, it's a psychological tool to show mutual interest in a recruit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
if psu and osu offer, i want him then.

Borderline retarded post, negged. Whether those schools offer or not he's still the same player, SMH. Take the 4 minutes to watch the film and decide for yourself, jesus.

Semantics. Like another poster said, it's a psychological tool to show mutual interest in a recruit.

Borderline retarded to think that offers from Saban and Meyer don't tell more about a prospect than 4 minutes of highlights to an amateur like 99% of the posters here.

I never can tell. When we offer a kid that does not have top end offers like Bama or OSU, the kid must not be that good. When the kid does have some of those offers, we're supposed to ignore them and watch the tape to judge for ourselves. Moving target.

I never can tell. When we offer a kid that does not have top end offers like Bama or OSU, the kid must not be that good. When the kid does have some of those offers, we're supposed to ignore them and watch the tape to judge for ourselves. Moving target.

That's the thing people dont seem to get though. It cant all be the 4 and 5 star studs, because we are not going to win most head to head battles against the likes of Bama and OSU for 4 and 5 star kids. Those schools have TONS more resources than UM, and have been at the top of the game for a few years now, while we have been struggling. If all you focus on is trying to grab 4 and 5 star blue chippers, you are going to end up with holes all over your roster. See Larry Coker. YOu have to have guys who you find and evaluate that you think are getting ready to burst on the scene, and quality 3 star guys who you feel can grow into solid contributors, even if they are plan B guys.

The fact that Bama and OSU have been looking at this kid closely and talking to him, indicates that obviously SOME coaches are seeing something in the kid. Maybe not "cant miss stud" right now, but definite high potential.

247 has no offer from either PSU or OSU and him visiting PSU on the 17th

David Njoku ‏@David_Njoku80 5m
In school visit with head coach Urban Meyer tomorrow. #OhioState

He seems to want him enough to fly out and visit him on the first day after the dead period….

Advertisement
Back