Good news on NJouku

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
According to his coach, he's really into UM, and he thinks we are his leader.

Supposedly Bama has been calling him, and OSU is after him hard too.

This could be a situation where we found the kid first again, and he sticks with us.

If so, have to give the staff props here for getting on him as early as they did.

My guess is that with Griffin definitely out now, we are going to take one of Njouku or Leinus. Honestly, I would take them both if we have room. I think both of these guys have great potential.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pete has reported both have committable offers so I'd guess the staff is ok with taking both. D$ said as much as well.

4 offers: Miami, UConn, Temple & Rutgers

Visiting Penn State this weekend.

His coach said OSU is trying to sell him on being a "Flex Tight End", and that Bama has been calling him and pitching him the same thing. Coach says he is probably taking an OV to OSU too.

His head coach says the kid has only been playing football for a few years. Says he's the best athlete he's ever coached. He sounds like a freak athlete too. Supposedly has a 7 foot high jump. This is the kind of kid we used to find back in the day and turn into monsters here (Bubba Franks, Jeremy Shockey).

His coach is also trying to sell his player. Not saying it's not true, just saying the visit schedule doesn't exactly match the info.

Advertisement
I would take both these guys. What I love about them is how raw they are. Both guys have amazing potential, and yet are still developing. Leinus just turned 17. You RS that kid, let him develop and grow into his frame, and he could be a beast in 2-3 years.

I suppose the coach may be trying to sell the kid, but he says that the kid is leaning to UM right now, and the coach seems to like the idea of him to Miami too. IF he has a committable offer, then what would be the point of trying to sell him. Unless he's trying to get an offer closer to home, like OSU.

I suppose the coach may be trying to sell the kid, but he says that the kid is leaning to UM right now, and the coach seems to like the idea of him to Miami too. IF he has a committable offer, then what would be the point of trying to sell him. Unless he's trying to get an offer closer to home, like OSU.

You answered your own question.

And of course he'd rather see the kid at UM compared to his 3 current offers.

has a Penn State offer. And will get the OSU offer, thats Meyer's move, offer on the trip and try to close like he tried with Berrios

Advertisement

At this point though and with the length of time OSU and Njoku has been talking since I remember around the UM visit eading about them offering or close to and now maybe an ov coming its more of when they offer unless they already have

Well the HC said he has a prior history with Golden and Donofrio, sounds like he knows them and likes them.

Advertisement

has a Penn State offer. And will get the OSU offer, thats Meyer's move, offer on the trip and try to close like he tried with Berrios

Where are you seeing that he has a PSU offer?

And he doesn't have a visit to OSU scheduled.

Scout lists a PSU offer

Cool. I don't use Scout. They pretty much suck.

If true, could be bad news for us.

Does it list an offer date? Before or after they hired Franklin?

I got to admit Golden and his staff have a good eye for talent. Seems like we have gotten on some guys early who have blown up (Jenkins, DJack, Kaaya, etc.)

Advertisement
Back