Good news and bad news

Bad news is we don't belong on the same field as Alabama. We sort of expected that in our brains, if not our hearts, although I was still disappointed to see some of the dumb plays, targeting, false starts, poor positioning by the defensive backs and poor tackling by the linebackers. Though to be fair, Alabama makes everyone look bad.

Good news is clearly North Carolina was overrated, & took a huge hit by losing their top receivers and running back.

Good news is Clemson does not have a quarterback.

Everyone called me a p**** when I said this was a really bad game to schedule. No sense scheduling a sure bad loss on national TV in front of all the recruits. But whatever, what is done is done. I would have rather played FAU, but need to show veteran leadership and resilience. So can the team bounce back from this humiliating performance? If they stay focused, this is still the best chance to win the conference in two decades.
I'd still rather play the defending national Champs than some patsy team. There's a lot less shame in losing to them, even as bad as we did, than to VT or UGA.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back