Gonna Be A Long Off-Season With Those Playing CANESTRADAMUS...

Ten threads.

Baylor is not a pinnacle job. Some people are always looking for a new challenge.

You do you. The offseason has usually been good to us, so the longer the better.
I agree Baylor is not a pinnacle job but the money Texas has in comparison to us is even not up for discussion.

Advertisement
Too many topics to tackle regarding pie-in-the-sky head coaching candidates and potential AD moves, but can some of y’all stop with this Mack Rhoades III talk and this man leaving Baylor for Miami—as if that’s not a step down and the man won’t fall out of bed tomorrow with a dozen better job offers?

Holy sh*t, this is getting laughable—“If I’m Miami my first call is to Baylor this morning and finding a way to get Rhodes here!”—as if he’s some diamond in the rough and literally wasn’t named the 2021 Sports Business Journal’s Athletic Director Of The Year.

Baylor has poured a TON of money into their athletics department over the past decade.

They built the almost-$300M McLane Stadium in 2013. In Fall 2018 they launched the “Give Light” campaign—a $1.1B fundraising effort which will turn their current basketball arena into a volleyball / acrobatics center, while basketball gets a brand new fieldhouse. (Baylor Ballpark is considered the best baseball facility in the Big 12.)

Some of y’all need a serious realignment when it comes to perception versus reality—this belief the Miami job is bigger and better than it really is. We heard the same thing last year when talking about chasing down UCF’s Danny White—as if he didn’t already have a better job and wasn’t going to land somewhere bigger than Miami when he left; which he did—Tennessee—which has a MASSIVE athletics budget (spending the NCAA’s third-most on football recruiting behind Georgia and Alabama.)

In no universe does it make a lick of sense that Rhoades would ever take a step-down job and come to Miami—the lack of athletics dollars, support, leadership, big alum donors, etc. You set false expectations with names like this and then are grossly disappointed who it doesn’t work out.

****, just look at their football head coach—Dave Aranda was Richt’s first choice for defensive coordinator when he was at Wisconsin, but LSU got him with a big check and now he’s coaching the Bears—while Miami is stuck with Richt’s second-choice coordinator Diaz as head coach.

Baylor athletics is sadly light year’s ahead of Miami’s—solely because of the financial investment they’ve made, which has a guy like Rhodes in charge and doing great things there—while UM stick with clowns like Blake James way past their expiration date, en route to constant low-rent coaching hires and a minimal financial investment across the board.
Crying about what people post on a message board, huh....

Mkay.

This fan base is delusional, but that makes us no different from other fans.

We don't have 8 million or whatever a year to get a top guy. We're not taking a guy from a top ten team this year.

We're getting a scatch and dent (Herman) or an underrated good deal, like a Kia (Chadwell).

Advertisement
If you wanna cape for Baylor and beautiful Waco then go right ahead. You can at least make a case on the athletics front. The minute you start referencing Tennessee in ANY positive manner is where you lose all credibility.

As long as our AD understands branding, winning, culture, & has a history or exposure to such, I’m good.

I’m iffy of Jurich b/c of perceived dirt, just like Butch had perceived dirt. Especially w/ perceived dirt happened w/ our current sponsor.

I also hope we’re not using the same firm that’s stuck us w/ the horrible suggestions for coaches previously. Speaking of, swear I need to open my own firm b/c a lot of these firms have zero clues on their suggestions. ****, tell the BOT to check in w/ us, and I promise the majority of us will lead them to the proper hires.

This fan base is delusional, but that makes us no different from other fans.

We don't have 8 million or whatever a year to get a top guy. We're not taking a guy from a top ten team this year.

We're getting a scatch and dent (Herman) or an underrated good deal, like a Kia (Chadwell).
It’s delusional in that op thinks we give a **** about his rant we didn’t read.

Advertisement
The desirability of the Miami AD or Head Ball Coach jobs are based on the commitment of the school to the future of its athletics department. We all know the shortcomings of the past. We get it.

Let’s see what the financials say going forward.

Wait did QP actually imply that Miami was not a step up from UCF?
You do realize that 8/10 people on the street don’t even know there is a UCF…right

Miami barely raised the money for the indoor practice facilities. When will yall realize it's not just the AD it's the alumni base. Miami alumni base don't care about football. They don't donate. And don't speakers on the one family that funded the lions share of the indoor facilities Gabe mebother examples. A-rod and then who.

Advertisement
Too many topics to tackle regarding pie-in-the-sky head coaching candidates and potential AD moves, but can some of y’all stop with this Mack Rhoades III talk and this man leaving Baylor for Miami—as if that’s not a step down and the man won’t fall out of bed tomorrow with a dozen better job offers?

Holy sh*t, this is getting laughable—“If I’m Miami my first call is to Baylor this morning and finding a way to get Rhodes here!”—as if he’s some diamond in the rough and literally wasn’t named the 2021 Sports Business Journal’s Athletic Director Of The Year.

Baylor has poured a TON of money into their athletics department over the past decade.

They built the almost-$300M McLane Stadium in 2013. In Fall 2018 they launched the “Give Light” campaign—a $1.1B fundraising effort which will turn their current basketball arena into a volleyball / acrobatics center, while basketball gets a brand new fieldhouse. (Baylor Ballpark is considered the best baseball facility in the Big 12.)

Some of y’all need a serious realignment when it comes to perception versus reality—this belief the Miami job is bigger and better than it really is. We heard the same thing last year when talking about chasing down UCF’s Danny White—as if he didn’t already have a better job and wasn’t going to land somewhere bigger than Miami when he left; which he did—Tennessee—which has a MASSIVE athletics budget (spending the NCAA’s third-most on football recruiting behind Georgia and Alabama.)

In no universe does it make a lick of sense that Rhoades would ever take a step-down job and come to Miami—the lack of athletics dollars, support, leadership, big alum donors, etc. You set false expectations with names like this and then are grossly disappointed who it doesn’t work out.

****, just look at their football head coach—Dave Aranda was Richt’s first choice for defensive coordinator when he was at Wisconsin, but LSU got him with a big check and now he’s coaching the Bears—while Miami is stuck with Richt’s second-choice coordinator Diaz as head coach.

Baylor athletics is sadly light year’s ahead of Miami’s—solely because of the financial investment they’ve made, which has a guy like Rhodes in charge and doing great things there—while UM stick with clowns like Blake James way past their expiration date, en route to constant low-rent coaching hires and a minimal financial investment across the board.
1637112272829.jpeg

I seeeee a vision that Manny finishes the season and depending if Mario or Lane want the job Manny will get fired….. If not Mannnnnnyy gets another year!!!!!!!

Negrodamus hassssss spoken!!!!!!

Miami barely raised the money for the indoor practice facilities. When will yall realize it's not just the AD it's the alumni base. Miami alumni base don't care about football. They don't donate. And don't speakers on the one family that funded the lions share of the indoor facilities Gabe mebother examples. A-rod and then who.
cerec what GIF by cerecdoctors

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back