Gonna Be A Long Off-Season With Those Playing CANESTRADAMUS...

ItsAUThing.com

Following 'The U' since '82—covering it since '96.
Too many topics to tackle regarding pie-in-the-sky head coaching candidates and potential AD moves, but can some of y’all stop with this Mack Rhoades III talk and this man leaving Baylor for Miami—as if that’s not a step down and the man won’t fall out of bed tomorrow with a dozen better job offers?

Holy sh*t, this is getting laughable—“If I’m Miami my first call is to Baylor this morning and finding a way to get Rhodes here!”—as if he’s some diamond in the rough and literally wasn’t named the 2021 Sports Business Journal’s Athletic Director Of The Year.

Baylor has poured a TON of money into their athletics department over the past decade.

They built the almost-$300M McLane Stadium in 2013. In Fall 2018 they launched the “Give Light” campaign—a $1.1B fundraising effort which will turn their current basketball arena into a volleyball / acrobatics center, while basketball gets a brand new fieldhouse. (Baylor Ballpark is considered the best baseball facility in the Big 12.)

Some of y’all need a serious realignment when it comes to perception versus reality—this belief the Miami job is bigger and better than it really is. We heard the same thing last year when talking about chasing down UCF’s Danny White—as if he didn’t already have a better job and wasn’t going to land somewhere bigger than Miami when he left; which he did—Tennessee—which has a MASSIVE athletics budget (spending the NCAA’s third-most on football recruiting behind Georgia and Alabama.)

In no universe does it make a lick of sense that Rhoades would ever take a step-down job and come to Miami—the lack of athletics dollars, support, leadership, big alum donors, etc. You set false expectations with names like this and then are grossly disappointed who it doesn’t work out.

****, just look at their football head coach—Dave Aranda was Richt’s first choice for defensive coordinator when he was at Wisconsin, but LSU got him with a big check and now he’s coaching the Bears—while Miami is stuck with Richt’s second-choice coordinator Diaz as head coach.

Baylor athletics is sadly light year’s ahead of Miami’s—solely because of the financial investment they’ve made, which has a guy like Rhodes in charge and doing great things there—while UM stick with clowns like Blake James way past their expiration date, en route to constant low-rent coaching hires and a minimal financial investment across the board.

Advertisement
If you wanted your own thread, just say that.

This happens whenever there is an opening. Names get tossed around by wishful fans, with their own reasoning why Miami would be good for so-so. Your contrarian take on Rhoades and Miami didn't need to a big thing as if you're saying something different than any other poster who feels some ppl are out of Miami's reach at this time.

Last edited:
Too many topics to tackle regarding pie-in-the-sky head coaching candidates and potential AD moves, but can some of y’all stop with this Mack Rhoades III talk and this man leaving Baylor for Miami—as if that’s not a step down and the man won’t fall out of bed tomorrow with a dozen better job offers?

Holy sh*t, this is getting laughable—“If I’m Miami my first call is to Baylor this morning and finding a way to get Rhodes here!”—as if he’s some diamond in the rough and literally wasn’t named the 2021 Sports Business Journal’s Athletic Director Of The Year.

Baylor has poured a TON of money into their athletics department over the past decade.

They built the almost-$300M McLane Stadium in 2013. In Fall 2018 they launched the “Give Light” campaign—a $1.1B fundraising effort which will turn their current basketball arena into a volleyball / acrobatics center, while basketball gets a brand new fieldhouse. (Baylor Ballpark is considered the best baseball facility in the Big 12.)

Some of y’all need a serious realignment when it comes to perception versus reality—this belief the Miami job is bigger and better than it really is. We heard the same thing last year when talking about chasing down UCF’s Danny White—as if he didn’t already have a better job and wasn’t going to land somewhere bigger than Miami when he left; which he did—Tennessee—which has a MASSIVE athletics budget (spending the NCAA’s third-most on football recruiting behind Georgia and Alabama.)

In no universe does it make a lick of sense that Rhoades would ever take a step-down job and come to Miami—the lack of athletics dollars, support, leadership, big alum donors, etc. You set false expectations with names like this and then are grossly disappointed who it doesn’t work out.

****, just look at their football head coach—Dave Aranda was Richt’s first choice for defensive coordinator when he was at Wisconsin, but LSU got him with a big check and now he’s coaching the Bears—while Miami is stuck with Richt’s second-choice coordinator Diaz as head coach.

Baylor athletics is sadly light year’s ahead of Miami’s—solely because of the financial investment they’ve made, which has a guy like Rhodes in charge and doing great things there—while UM stick with clowns like Blake James way past their expiration date, en route to constant low-rent coaching hires and a minimal financial investment across the board.
Thanks for the analysis - here’s my analysis post less

If you wanted your own thread, just say that.

This happens whenever there is an opening. Names get tossed around by wishful fans, with their own reasoning why Miami would be good for so-so. Your contrarian take on Rhoades and Miami didn't need to a big thing as if you're saying somethin different than any other poster who feels so ppl are out of Miami's reach at this time.

Contrarian take? It's a pointed example of a pie-in-the-sky candidate that keeps coming up whenever there's an AD or head coaching opening.

The deep dive into Baylor is for all of those who will immediately disagree that it's not a *better* job than Miami—the same way these people through UCF-to-UM would be a step up for Danny White, instead of a step down.

It's a recurring problem in the fan base; people jumping on some red hot name—as if it's a fresh idea, or even feasible. No different then any, "We need to throw the kitchen sink at Matt Campbell!" chatter a few years back—as if he wasn't on two dozen other program's radars.

The delusions of grandeur that surround the program and what the University of Miami really is in the eyes of collegiate athletics—it's a massive disconnect.

I doubt the masses are aware of the financial upgrades Baylor has made to their program—outside of the football stadium, moves being made for basketball, while baseball remains a top-notch venue. To even attempt to compare this to playing at HardRock, A-Rod Park or the Watsco Center is laughable.

I couldn't give less of a sh*t about my "own" thread. This is a different conversation than someone suggesting Mack Rhodes and it's own discussion about far fetched wish listers and Miami's brand value in the college athletics space.

Advertisement
Starts a look at me thread to ***** about look at me threads

You got me.

I think I've started about six of my own threads in the several years on this board—but "look at me" is always the end game. That's what I go for.

**Responds to a perceived "look at me" thread—and says nothing to the topic at hand—just some drive by sh*ttalking/**

I think I've started about six of my own threads in the several years on this board—but "look at me" is always the end game. That's what I go for.
I don't think it's a look at me thread.. We're just saying maybe scroll the board, read some threads before regurgitating the exact thing that's been posted, multiple times, in multiples threads. Good post, bad placement.

Eye hurd abowt canestradamus win eye wuz in skool. He wuz da dood dat clumb dat tower in Frantz rite? Dam sun how u ralate dat two hunting fer a noo corch? U ain’t rite en da hed.

Advertisement
You got me.

**Responds to a perceived "look at me" thread—and says nothing to the topic at hand—just some drive by sh*ttalking/**
Well your percentage of starting valuable threads just took a huge hit then

Advertisement
Whooa sun, yu dun klimed down from yur tree stand to whey inn on this? It’s Mario ore bust round these parts. Is Mario gonna *** home afta the year he halving at Oregone?
Y knot Saban? He ain’t got nuthin too proov at Bama. Git da bruthers Deewane Jonsun an Jimmie Jonsun two ponie up a few milyun an git it dunn.

Saban ain’t cumin down yonder and leave Alabama! Urb Mayer on the udder hand mite want to jump byke two collage fooseball.
Saban ain’t cumin down yonder and leave Alabama! Urb Mayer on the udder hand mite want to jump byke two collage fooseball.
Dam sun! Ur nagativuty iz palpibel. Urbin Crier ain’t cumin sumwar he caint when now. He’d bee goin two Ohyo too sea da grankeds ever weak! Kwote me on dat!

Yes, some of the names are pure fantasy, but let people have some fun while the process plays out. As fans we've earned our right to "pick" our guy.

Advertisement

Hope you're wrong.. But probably not..

My guess is we get an average run of the mill AD or a small school up and comer that might shock the world...our only two real options

You got me.

Ten threads.

Baylor is not a pinnacle job. Some people are always looking for a new challenge.

You do you. The offseason has usually been good to us, so the longer the better.

These names have been pie in the sky because we knew Miami wouldn't pay, not because they didnt have the money.

Thats 2.5B with a B. If by reports we are hearing that the money people are gonna go in then taking mans from Baylor should be on par to what we look at, even if its not likely. People be making threads to spark discussions and all you hear is people who have no idea whats going on coming in and telling people that something definitely wont happen.

Ima stay on the side of, they have woken up and they are gonna spend and try to get the program on par to the expectations.

Advertisement
Back