Off-Topic Gone too soon.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Robbie Robertson, Leader of The Band, dies at 80

This one hurts. It is hard to measure what a massive influence he had on rock & roll. I was a huge fan of The Band, and I loved his solo albums. One of the first CDs I owned (and played the **** out of) was his first solo album, I remember buying it from the Spec's across US-1 from UM.

I'm not a big "superfan" trying to go out and get autographs or anything, but one of my all time favorite celebrity sightings was seeing him on the street in New Orleans (after the infamous Miami-Alabama Sugar Bowl of 1993). Just seeing him, being a normal guy, walking down the street and window-shopping...loved that guy!

RIP, Robbie.

This one hurts. It is hard to measure what a massive influence he had on rock & roll. I was a huge fan of The Band, and I loved his solo albums. One of the first CDs I owned (and played the **** out of) was his first solo album, I remember buying it from the Spec's across US-1 from UM.

I'm not a big "superfan" trying to go out and get autographs or anything, but one of my all time favorite celebrity sightings was seeing him on the street in New Orleans (after the infamous Miami-Alabama Sugar Bowl of 1993). Just seeing him, being a normal guy, walking down the street and window-shopping...loved that guy!

RIP, Robbie.

That particular song, that particular performance, just crushes me every time. The Staple Singers coming in for their parts...just amazing. Every time I watch that song, even though I know exactly what is about to happen, it gives me chills.

I may have purchased more versions of The Last Waltz on VHS, DVD, Blu Ray, LP, CD, special editiions than probably any other movie...I've been obsessed with this film since I was a kid.

Fun fact (with all due respect and royalties to @Empirical Cane for use of the phrase), the guys from SCTV did a very funny parody called "The Last Polka" featuring John Candy (Yosh Shmenge) and Eugene Levy (Stan Shmenge) giving their final concert performance.

During my senior year of high school, my best friend and I snuck into the underclass "yearbook photo retakes" and had our pictures taken as Yosh and Stan Shmenge.

Good times...

Last edited:
Advertisement
My favorite conspiracy theorist has passed away...

1691698854297.png

You probably know the animated version of him far better...
1691698930087.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Most of the articles aren't saying, but it was a collision between Collins' motorcycle and a sedan.

Advertisement
Back