Goldman, Young, or L. Williams

Advertisement
i'd take either goldman or williams over young. i'm no scout, but young looked like he was a step slow in the UA game trying to block the speed rushers.

Advertisement
There just aren't enough really good DT's out there; they are at a premium. When you have a chance to get an elite one its a no-brainer. Not unlike QB.

There just aren't enough really good DT's out there; they are at a premium. When you have a chance to get an elite one its a no-brainer. Not unlike QB.

This.

Williams is an animal and I would love to have him but Goldman is absolutely #1. Young would be nice but we already have a better recruit on campus, though I am not positive where each one end up.

Advertisement
was reading through our recruiting board and saw a thread about this same L. Williams kid....Higdon posted this in the thread:

and the reason Leonard Williams will not visit (as of today) is because he has already informed the FSU coaches of his decision to be a Seminole.....Leonard is a silent to Florida State from what I was told earlier today...

Thanks, token. I think Jason is about 1 for 100 as far as guessing commits on our old board from what I recall. Hopefully if its true its just because of the visit. We will see if he ends up coming for his visit on the 27th.

Advertisement
Thanks, token. I think Jason is about 1 for 100 as far as guessing commits on our old board from what I recall. Hopefully if its true its just because of the visit. We will see if he ends up coming for his visit on the 27th.

he is pretty much money when it comes to kids coming to UF or not.

I guess those comments mean that he isn't coming to UF more so than not going to Miami

i'd take either goldman or williams over young. i'm no scout, but young looked like he was a step slow in the UA game trying to block the speed rushers.
Good eye. If anything you may have been too kind. I focused a lot on Avery Young as well as the other OL during the all-star game. Young had one of, if not the worst performances among all the OL. He frankly didn't look like he belonged out there.

He was alternately getting either out muscled and run over because he's not very strong, or guys were running around him because his feet aren't all that good. After reading the hype and how highly he's rated I was shocked at the player I saw.

Huge kids who are that young oftentimes develop more slowly physically and maybe he'll become stronger and more nimble. It's certainly possible. But right now I think it's more about potential with him than performance to date.

Advertisement
Good eye. If anything you may have been too kind. I focused a lot on Avery Young as well as the other OL during the all-star game. Young had one of, if not the worst performances among all the OL. He frankly didn't look like he belonged out there.

He was alternately getting either out muscled and run over because he's not very strong, or guys were running around him because his feet aren't all that good. After reading the hype and how highly he's rated I was shocked at the player I saw.

Huge kids who are that young oftentimes develop more slowly physically and maybe he'll become stronger and more nimble. It's certainly possible. But right now I think it's more about potential with him than performance to date.

If you saw a problem with his feet, it's unlikely that's an area where he'll ever make a serious leap. I didn't watch him in particular, so I can't say either way.

like you, i was expecting him to be a stud based on the star rating and reports. though i didn't watch a ton of the game, what i saw was very disappointing.

Mainland has a good DE/LB for next year. Went to two games this season. Has good size (6'3 i believe), chased down the running back from Naples on a breakaway run displaying his speed. He was making more plays than L. Williams.

Advertisement
Back