Goldens Salary

Advertisement
When's the last time Miami lost a coach to another University? I've been a fan since 81-82 and can't remember anyone.

Don't forget to factor in the fact that there is no state income tax in Florida. cf Penna, Texas & Calif.

Not crazy to think he bolts for the NFL or even PSU should O'Brien leave for the NFL. People should be prepared for that. Don't delude yourselves, this is a job, nothing more.
Right. He goes to psu now but didn't when he could have before obrien.

Advertisement
Not crazy to think he bolts for the NFL or even PSU should O'Brien leave for the NFL. People should be prepared for that. Don't delude yourselves, this is a job, nothing more.

How do we "prepare" for him leaving? Should we lie on the floor in the fetal position for the rest of the season with one thumb in our mouths and the other in our asses switching every time we hear a noise?

If The Don's heading to PUS, then Mark Richt should be heading to UM because he played college ball at UM just like The Don did at PUS. Every HC has to be the HC where they played in college right?

Right. He goes to psu now but didn't when he could have before obrien.

He's clearly obsessed with being the HC at PUS. He was an assistant there forever wasn't he? Isn't there where he spent his whole career before becoming the HC at Temple? Nevermind that he already told them no thanks last year. LULZ at UM fans and their inferiority complexes. Sad folks.

Good stuff OP. Never would have even considered him leaving until you brought it up. Mind blown.

Advertisement
He doesn't get paid. He's doing it for the love of the game.

Idk...I heard he is getting paid in Cuban Sandwiches

225.jpg

The Fighting Pedos of PSU aren't going to a bowl game for 3 more years despite getting their ships back....incrementally.

Golden isn't going to walk into that situation.

It's a job, but Golden is a man of conviction.

He's not going to lie to all these kids that have come to the U whilst it's under the threat of heavy sanctions by bolting at the first chance of a 'better' job.

He's here to win a National Title. After that, and only after that, then you can think about worrying. Personally I think he's here for as long as he wants to be - don't see him as an NFL guy and the SoFl recruiting hotbed that Miami sits on makes it the best job in college football if you know what you're doing.

Advertisement
Advertisement
WHEN Golden does leave it will be in a few years, after he accomplishes things with Miami and fulfills promises and reaches his personal goals. I do not see him leaving under any circumstances until 4 or 5 more years have passed.

Golden will get another bump from UM. The BOT should understand the value a winning football program means to a university. The assistants need a bump also so Golden can keep them around and continue to renew the UM program.

Well, this is what I do know...

After this year, the conversation between Golden's agent and Miami is going to go like this...

302.gif

Advertisement
Back