Golden vs Richt

Which years have been worse.. Golden or CMR?

• Golden

Votes: 54 65.9%
  • CMR

Votes: 28 34.1%

• Total voters
golden: 32-25 overall record, 17-18 conference record, 56% winning percentage
richt: 26-12 overall record, 16-8 conference record, 68% winning percentage

a lot of short memories on this board lmao
Also add a huge win vs. the Catholics in 2017, which Golden never had a huge win.

Advertisement
If richt hired an Pc everything changes. Golden handcuffed his oc too. Golden did have to deal with NCAA but that’s why he was brought in. He wasn’t brought here to win
Golden did handcuff the OC, going conservative way too early. He sucked too

Really? That’s such a myopic look at their situations. Those stats are so devoid of context they’re meaningless.

Al golden was awful. Horrible. Puke
Inducing. Richt is well on his way to the same place.

Doesn’t matter which u think is better, arguments can be made either way. The fact is tho that both suck.

Advertisement
2k3wm3.jpg

He has no qb but made him throw go patterns. He tries to power run without that type of lineman. Throws fades to receivers under 6 foot... etc

The root of Richts problem is schematic, w personnel not suited for his O. That’s on top of play calling. Summed up....Poor coaching.

The root of Al problem, as u said, was schemeatic, and mid-matching personnel to style. Poor coaching

Both guys have/had a relatively quick fix... get a coordinator and scheme.

They’re making same mistake.

@Mike Thot Hes not right.

You're oversimplifying the "schematic" problem to justify the conclusion that they're both the same. We agree that Al was putting guys in the wrong system, but he had guys. Richt doesn't have the right guys. Well, at qb, we have one guy that can't hit the side of the barn and another too immature and too lazy to learn the offense. He's making improper reads and checking into bad plays. Richt then has to keep it simple and run the ball. You have to call simple running plays between the tackles because your lineman aren't picking up the schemes and their assignments.

Additionally, as a defensive coordinator, if I was playing either qb, I'm stacking the line and forcing you to throw. Even if the lineman can block well, I'm stacking the box and I'm going to dare you to throw because I know you can't. You're going to have to beat me with your qb.

Really? That’s such a myopic look at their situations. Those stats are so devoid of context they’re meaningless.

Al golden was awful. Horrible. Puke
Inducing. Richt is well on his way to the same place.

Doesn’t matter which u think is better, arguments can be made either way. The fact is tho that both suck.

Yes, they both have sucked so far...but I thought the point of this thread was to argue who was worse...

Sorry for me it's NO contest. I'm sure some others may differ

I simply ask myself who would I rather have here NOW OR remember how I've felt while each was here.

CMR's issues could be corrected by him getting a good OC and replacing Manny. It's still in the realm of possible that he can do these things. My issue with CMR has been his underperformance considering his background, meaning he should be able to do better

I had NO hope of success here with Golden. I knew he just wasn't capable of doing any better

Bottom line it's a very depressing whenever you start comparing who was the worst in anything...so Merry Christmas, Happy H or K

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yes, they both have sucked so far...but I thought the point of this thread was to argue who was worse...

2017 gives richt the edge, but I’m thinking when it’s all said and done, golden will turn out to be less destructive to the program.

It’s like deciding which side of the **** tastes better.

True, but when someone keeps peeing on your face you tend to forget what turds smell like. Either way, both are waste products and so are both coaches at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
RICHT SUCKS but golden was on another level of trash. Golden is the worse coach in hurricane history by a wide margin

Richt is much much worse to me,for some reason I just expected better. So shame on me for not truly doing my homework.The man is truly a thief stealing 4 million a year

Richt isn’t on the street to Goldenville yet but he’s driving into the neighborhood real fast...

Advertisement
Back