Golden vs Richt

Which years have been worse.. Golden or CMR?

• Golden

Votes: 54 65.9%
  • CMR

Votes: 28 34.1%

• Total voters

canadianhurricane

Sophomore
As bad a Al was, I honestly do not have a clue who is worse between the two. Both kept coaches around because of their relationship and nothing else and ruined careers in order to keep their buddies/family employed, but I honestly can't say I am any more frustrated with Golden's decisions than I am with CMR's. Al atleast tried to bring around some decent coaches but the writing was on the wall that he wouldnt be here much longer. CMR just promoted two guys to co-DC that were literally serving meals a few years ago. And just promoted a guy to Associate HC who was coaching HS a couple years back.

Both forced players into systems that did not suite their skill set and refused to adjust. Both consistently threw players under the bus to hide the fact that their coaching was subpar. Maybe I just need to be reminded that we've been through worse but man does it seem like 'the cloud' never ****** left!

One thing is for sure, BLAKE GOTTA GO! CFB today isnt for the weak at heart. Same with CBB. If your are soft or short sided you WILL be left behind. BLAKE does not have the balls to force changes on CMR or even attempt to hold him accountable. If I didnt know better Id assume Blake worked for CMR and not the other way around.

Advertisement
Yeah, Simpson and Banda have been total bust since they got here.

Excellent analysis.

As bad a Al was, I honestly do not have a clue who is worse between the two. Both kept coaches around because of their relationship and nothing else and ruined careers in order to keep their buddies/family employed, but I honestly can't say I am any more frustrated with Golden's decisions than I am with CMR's. Al atleast tried to bring around some decent coaches but the writing was on the wall that he wouldnt be here much longer. CMR just promoted two guys to co-DC that were literally serving meals a few years ago. And just promoted a guy to Associate HC who was coaching HS a couple years back.

Both forced players into systems that did not suite their skill set and refused to adjust. Both consistently threw players under the bus to hide the fact that their coaching was subpar. Maybe I just need to be reminded that we've been through worse but man does it seem like 'the cloud' never ****** left!

One thing is for sure, BLAKE GOTTA GO! CFB today isnt for the weak at heart. Same with CBB. If your are soft or short sided you WILL be left behind. BLAKE does not have the balls to force changes on CMR or even attempt to hold him accountable. If I didnt know better Id assume Blake worked for CMR and not the other way around.
Probably the dozen threads on this, Jess Simpson was also an Atlanta Falcons coach and was 1 of the most successful coachs in the history of Georgia high school football, Banda was a Manny disciple who was probably our best recruiter, Because hiring a position coach to become a coordinater never happens. Don't let facts get in the way of your stupidity.

Oh please, wish this board was around in 84 when JJ went 8-5. Or Butch constantly losing 3 games to same teams EVERY year

Advertisement
Yeah, Simpson and Banda have been total bust since they got here.

Excellent analysis.
The analogy does hold up tho. Als D and Richts O are suffering the same disease, and Neither coach is/was willing to make a hard decision to cure the disease.

The regimes are mirror images of eachother. At this point, after this season, if one is better than the other it’s only by a degree or 2.

The analogy does hold up tho. Als D and Richts O are suffering the same disease, and Neither coach is/was willing to make a hard decision to cure the disease.

The regimes are mirror images of eachother. At this point, after this season, if one is better than the other it’s only by a degree or 2.

Didn't know Golden won 10 games and beat any ranked team.

The question wasn’t who had a better season.

I'd take a double temporary high + a super low like with Richt over all the super low's with Golden. Can't possibly say Richt has been on par when he has multiple things in 3 years here that Golden didn't have in 4 1/2.

Advertisement
I'd take a double temporary high + a super low like with Richt over all the super low's with Golden. Can't possibly say Richt has been on par when he has multiple things in 3 years here that Golden didn't have in 4 1/2.
My point is that they’re making the same mistakes, one on O and one on D, hence the mirror images comment.

I can see why someone would prefer Richts tenure so far over golden. Richt has one good year (wins wise) and hasn’t bottomed out yet, which Al did. Of course al left more talent for richt than he inherited from randy, and al had sanctions too.

But all things considered, whichever coach we decide is better, hes only better degrees.

We will know in a year whose the better Corch.

Advertisement
Richt has at least placed guys on the staff who have the potential to be good coaches, Diaz left to a HC position. Can anyone name a guy on Golden's staff who really benefitted at all?

CMR will prolly have the team end up ranked with a bowl win which means 3 season and 3 top 25 finishes.
Check Goldens record and get back to us.

Richt has at least placed guys on the staff who have the potential to be good coaches, Diaz left to a HC position. Can anyone name a guy on Golden's staff who really benefitted at all?
Jedd Fisch-NFL OC
Barrow-NFL LB
Franklin-NFL DL
Melvin-NFL DL
Coley-UGA Co-OC/QBs
Richardson-NFL RB

Advertisement

Not really. Al was taking 4-3 guys whose advantage was their speed and making them get fat and put them in a 3-4 system and making them think too much. He was bringing in the wrong kids for the system. Marks' problem is he has no quarterback. You can go all the way down to pee wee football. Without a qb, you have no offense.

Not really. Al was taking 4-3 guys whose advantage was their speed and making them get fat and put them in a 3-4 system and making them think too much. He was bringing in the wrong kids for the system. Marks' problem is he has no quarterback. You can go all the way down to pee wee football. Without a qb, you have no offense.
He's_right_you_know.jpg

He has no qb but made him throw go patterns. He tries to power run without that type of lineman. Throws fades to receivers under 6 foot... etc

The root of Richts problem is schematic, w personnel not suited for his O. That’s on top of play calling. Summed up....Poor coaching.

The root of Al problem, as u said, was schemeatic, and mid-matching personnel to style. Poor coaching

Both guys have/had a relatively quick fix... get a coordinator and scheme.

They’re making same mistake.

@Mike Thot Hes not right.

Last edited:
If richt hired an Pc everything changes. Golden handcuffed his oc too. Golden did have to deal with NCAA but that’s why he was brought in. He wasn’t brought here to win

Advertisement
Back