Golden v Shannon

Advertisement
the 2009 team would destroy anything that Folden could put together. you could give him his own personal all star team complete with the Safety from Temple that Dorito is so enamored with and it wouldnt matter.

Folden cant beat a 9 win power 5 team

But Golden has had to deal with clouds and cliques. Just not a level playing field.

C'mon guys. The pillars are working. Climb aboard the WEFENSE train!

I'm rolling w/ Shannon. At least he beat FSU in his tenure and his defense was legit. The offense stunk, however, as we've seen w/ Golden's Skeeme, he can make a 1945 Navy team look like the 2001 Canes and his teams have shown a "lack of focus" against any team w/ a pulse.

Advertisement
This would be the 2009 Randy Shannon Canes vs. the 2013 Al Folden Canes and I think the 2009 Canes win by 14.

Golden's roster last year was better than anything Randy had imo. With that said, we are as bad as ever under Golden. Give me Randy over Golden for coaching though.

Advertisement
Give Shannon the sissy schedules golden played and Miami looks like a national champion. Shannon sucked but golden is on a whole nother level. At least Shannon was able to beat some pretty talented teams and some pretty good coaches. Golden hasn't done chit

We were good at RS's specialty.....Defense. We suck at Folden's specialty......Defense

RS put all his eggs in the J12 basket and Folden put all his eggs in his mediocre staff's basket.

UM was RS's first gig. UM is Folden's 2nd Gig. Folden should be performing better....but nope.

Both should be former UM Coaches............Folden will be soon.

Advertisement
Whomever is coaching UM next year will have a solid team. That's all I care about at this point.

If we have a new coach next year, Al will have left him in alot better shape talentwise than Randy left Al. Randy left Al an overflowing port-o-let.

Advertisement
If we have a new coach next year, Al will have left him in alot better shape talentwise than Randy left Al. Randy left Al an overflowing port-o-let.
Actually, Coach Shannon left him a ton of talent. Coach Golden turned them all off and they left. He has done the same thing with nearly half of his own recruits since he's been here.

Actually, Coach Shannon left him a ton of talent. Coach Golden turned them all off and they left. He has done the same thing with nearly half of his own recruits since he's been here.

Just looked up the roster, that team had 27 current NFL players which include 9 starters and a 1st round pick. This doesn't include players still on the team that will be drafted next year.

#BBB

Hard to argue that. Look at the kids drafted after Al's year 1:

2011 2 46 Orlando Franklin T Denver Broncos
2011 2 60 Brandon Harris DB Houston Texans
2011 3 79 Leonard Hankerson WR Washington Redskins
2011 3 81 DeMarcus Van Dyke DB Oakland Raiders
2011 3 86 Allen Bailey DE Kansas City Chiefs
2011 4 109 Colin McCarthy LB Tennessee Titans
2011 6 181 Richard Gordon TE Oakland Raiders
2011 6 192 Matt Bosher P Atlanta Falcons

I wouldn't say those guys were ultra-productive at the college level but 7 draftable kids off of 1 team should lead to better results, if the new staff is a better coaching staff than the previous one.

What's not shown here is the roster holes that Randy left Al but Al created alot of his own holes with all of the attrition.

Why do people think the team is in better shape now than when Al took over? That isn't true... Please stop saying that... Even the majority of players who were drafted this year were either committed or signed to RS...

RS left Al:
4 NFL backs(Miller, James, Duke and Storm)... I don't see 4 NFL backs on our roster... Al also utilize all 4 of them properly...
3 NFL tight ends (Ford, Cleveland and Walford)... We only heard about 1 because Al misused or did not use the other two... I do not see 3 NFL TE now...
6 NFL fast wideouts(Benjamin, Byrd, Streeter, Hurns, and Dorsett)... I do not see that type of talent now...
Multiple NFL oline men(players like Linder, Henderson, Feliciano, Washington, McDermott)
In 2011 Al also inherited multiple defensive players who made it to the league... He almost allowed Perryman to do the tomahawk chop until Barrow begged him to accept the kid's commitment... On top of that Al also inherited 2of the top 3 passers in school history... That was enough talent to win the division multiple times during his tenure...

Unfortunately I do not see this type of talent on the team right now... Our players are heavier and slower on offense... Some of Al's highly heralded recruits are proving to be ordinary... The majority of defensive players that are talented are seniors and the offense has a lot of holes this year let alone next year... The team isn't in better shape...

Advertisement
Back