Golden the day after

Like I mentioned in the other thread.

We beat Florida but we played far from a perfect game. That's exciting.
Not only that...we beat UF when they played their game. Their style. Their pace. They did exactly what they wanted to do. Ran the ball, controlled the clock suffocated our offense. And lost.

Exactly. They play tremendous D and long time of possession drives but we won. Why? Our D played its game too--stop run and make them beat you with pass. Result 350 turnovers. This is the best type of win we could have. We now have a defense we can pack for our road games. A D that can actually whole a lead for the entire game. How many more games would we have won the last two years with this D? So much better that winning because we scored 35 and the gator only scored 33.

And, Dorsett messed up a bunch BUT the one thing he did was he caught the ball he dropped against ND. Guess what? That was what mattered.

Most important win since the our last NC win. The only bad play was the blocked punt and that was Al. How sweet is that. He gets the biggest win of his life and his is the worst unit. No change he we get overconfident.

Advertisement
Another gem from Golden's day-after-game media session today, about Miami helping the ACC as it helps itself, too: "There's a great storied tradition here. What we have to do now is respect the past, but we have to represent the future. We have to move forward. And the way we help the conference is to become the Miami Hurricanes. That's the truth _ for us to grow up and play like Miami Hurricanes."

http://tl.gd/n_1rmbfkm · Reply

As I've said elsewhere, I'd love to cover the 'Canes 'cos Golden just gives money quotes.

Love Golden. he sees the offense needs to be more creative and execute better this bye looks to be at the perfect time for this team

Advertisement
Adhere to the process. Coach G won't allow complacency - but ultimately it's on the kids.

1-11 on 3rd downs. Wow

and that's not entirely on Florida either.... u know how they act like Miami played a perfect game.

but our offense missed out on a number of opportunities that wouldve kept the chains moving.

Like I mentioned in the other thread.

We beat Florida but we played far from a perfect game. That's exciting.

Yeah! It's like saying, "Well, right out of the gate, I got my arm twisted and it didn't work, my hip was pulled out of place - and could barely move, my neck was stiff and I couldn't turn very quick, my knees were swollen stiff, and my left foot was numb.

But I kicked the living siht out of him nonetheless.

Advertisement
Back