Golden takes blame, then doesn't and bashes players again...

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
Seriously, kill this ****** already...

We have to do a lot of things differently starting with me, the way we're practicing. Whatever changes we have to make schematically, whatever personnel changes, maybe we need to see this player more than another player. We need to tackle better, generate more losses, both sacks and TFL's. And just in general everyone just execute the defense as it's called….

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sports-buzz/

Advertisement
Source said Golden farted yesterday and it didn't even smell. Unfuc*ing believable. ... our coach can't even fart properly!!!

I want a coach who can clear the room out

Somebody que the benny hill theme. Seriously though its getting to obvious he has not the slightest clue what hes talking about. For someone to change their stance or position on an issue that they have a hand in creating is just astonishing, theres a 1000000000000% chance that saturdays duke game will feature a defense with no changes and then gives up 400 yards rushing. Pray to God im wrong, but in reality the one constant is that they see nothing wrong with the scheme so buckle up guys saturday fastly approaches.

We have to do a lot of things differently starting with me, the way we're practicing. Whatever changes we have to make schematically, whatever personnel changes, maybe we need to see this player more than another player. We need to tackle better, generate more losses, both sacks and TFL's. And just in general everyone just execute the defense as it's called….

Well ok, then.....

Well ok, then.....

The damning line is the "execute the defense as it's called". Once again passing it off on the players by intimating the calls are good and the players are t executing. This guy is such a loser.

Advertisement
He's like any used car salesman. Oh, that dent, rust, oil leakage, knocking, pinging, heat stuck on, over-heating - don't worry, we'll take care of that before you pick the car up.

I have never believed a car salesman about anything. It embarrasses me that I ever believed anything this one told me.

Well ok, then.....

The damning line is the "execute the defense as it's called". Once again passing it off on the players by intimating the calls are good and the players are t executing. This guy is such a loser.
Yeah, that excuse might fly in year 1. This is year 4. Nobody's buying it.

lLq2B1T.gif

Seriously, kill this ****er already...

Lol at saying kill this F*CKER over football.... man some of you need to chill out or your gonna have a stroke or heart attack

Advertisement
Al - consistently throw those kids under the bus. It's a shame because if he just made adjustments, things could have been different. It does not take a rocket scientist to see why these kids are looking bad out there. Get a clue Al!!!

Paul Johnson:

"My big goal is to simplify and see if we can't get lined up and play faster, play harder," Johnson said. "I don't think you've got to trick people. You've got to line up and know what you're doing and play fast."

Groh installed the 3-4 when he got to Georgia Tech, but it was clear the players never fully picked up the scheme. Also, there was a difference in philosophy with Johnson, who felt Groh didn't do enough full-speed work in practice.

"To me, defense is energy and playing fast and playing with enthusiasm," Johnson said. "It's hard to get that if you don't go live (full-speed drills) some of the time."

While Johnson's focus has been on running the option offense, he believes the Yellow Jackets have plenty of talent on the defensive side.

"I'm not sold that we don't have good players," he said. "I'm very confident in our players' ability. We'll see."

Johnson praised Groh's defensive knowledge, but said he was never able to pass it on to his players.

"Al is a very smart man. He understands what's inside his head," Johnson said. "The problem is we weren't seeing it on the field. For whatever reason, it wasn't transcending."

That left the head coach with only one option -- make a change.

***** you Al Grohlden

I get it, so saying the players need to play better is "bashing" the players (even though they need to play better - like, oh I don't know, tackling).

This is what you get in a society where every kid needs a trophy so they don't feel bad. Everyone needs to be accountable here, players and coaches both. And by "accountable" I don't mean yelled at by board posters. I mean taking responsibility to make the product on the field better.

can we put the guys in a better position to tackle. It's tough for anyone to stop a top running back with a full stream and open space by themselves. Exactly what I think we should do more of on offense. Case in point, put two wrs to the left, duke in back field to the left, coley or dorsett on the right, spend on fly and throw to yearby in space on the right. Let's see that defender make a play!!!!

Advertisement
I get it, so saying the players need to play better is "bashing" the players (even though they need to play better - like, oh I don't know, tackling).

This is what you get in a society where every kid needs a trophy so they don't feel bad. Everyone needs to be accountable here, players and coaches both. And by "accountable" I don't mean yelled at by board posters. I mean taking responsibility to make the product on the field better.

How much longer are they gonna say it's the players? They recruited them all.

Well, he also said that the problem may be scheme. But to get that, you actually had to read the piece.

Paul Johnson:

"My big goal is to simplify and see if we can't get lined up and play faster, play harder," Johnson said. "I don't think you've got to trick people. You've got to line up and know what you're doing and play fast."

Groh installed the 3-4 when he got to Georgia Tech, but it was clear the players never fully picked up the scheme. Also, there was a difference in philosophy with Johnson, who felt Groh didn't do enough full-speed work in practice.

"To me, defense is energy and playing fast and playing with enthusiasm," Johnson said. "It's hard to get that if you don't go live (full-speed drills) some of the time."

While Johnson's focus has been on running the option offense, he believes the Yellow Jackets have plenty of talent on the defensive side.

"I'm not sold that we don't have good players," he said. "I'm very confident in our players' ability. We'll see."

Johnson praised Groh's defensive knowledge, but said he was never able to pass it on to his players.

"Al is a very smart man. He understands what's inside his head," Johnson said. "The problem is we weren't seeing it on the field. For whatever reason, it wasn't transcending."

That left the head coach with only one option -- make a change.

***** you Al Grohlden

Has anyone taken the time to compare the defensive numbers of GT while Groh was there to the numbers since he hasn't been there?

Advertisement

NO WORRIES, we know who to blame...!!!

How much longer are they gonna say it's the players? They recruited them all.

This, if its the players change the way you are recruiting.

I was once one of those guys defending Golden but as others keep pointing out, how long are you going to say the same things before you take a look in the mirror?

We have seen the same thing on defense for four years. If players can't execute after this long, then it just maybe time to change something. It's time to step back and ask if you are asking the players to do something they are incapable of doing. This isn't some fast food business where you can just fire anybody that isn't performing within the system and have another person in their place the next day. You are stuck with what you have. You figure out each player strengths and weaknesses, then you adjust and put them in a position to succeed. You don't make players adjust to fit your scheme, you adjust your scheme to fit the players. That's just being flat out stubborn.

Last edited:
Paul Johnson should shut the f' up and this is not in defense of Al Groh. Georgia Tech was #44 in total defense and #60 in scoring defense in 2011. During the 2012 season Groh was fired, Tech finished #43 in total defense and #65 in scoring defense. Last year, Tech finished #40 in total defense and #68 in scoring defense. This year Tech is #97 in total defense and #75 in scoring defense. From 2010-2013, he is 28-25. He's 4-0 but another mid-season collapse and he's going to get canned.

Lots of very good teams run 3-4 in college, but they run it a **** of a lot better than we do.

Advertisement
Back