Golden Showers

Internet+Censorship.gif

Advertisement
He got his third infraction for personal insults in a month. It's an automatic seven-day ban, and then he's back.

We are trying to crack down on personal insults now that Golden is gone. For a while, things were so crazy that it was impossible to really enforce the rules. This is a good time to focus on football and get away from the "you're an idiot" posts.

lol, it wasnt from me although he did say some nasty stuff. i rise above insults :)

This is a very good decision. The name calling is 3rd grade.

He got his third infraction for personal insults in a month. It's an automatic seven-day ban, and then he's back.

We are trying to crack down on personal insults now that Golden is gone. For a while, things were so crazy that it was impossible to really enforce the rules. This is a good time to focus on football and get away from the "you're an idiot" posts.

Why was Golden Showers banned? I demand answers.

May have a little to do with Local So Fla coaches coming to this board and seeing themselves being pimps or garbage, along with being called out as straight idiots by a few. It might pass the smell test of idiocy if you can write the acts of idiots without necessarily calling them outright idiots, even you' can illustrate that they are. I am just thinking that we were really smashing our h.s. coaches, even as they sell our native sons as chattel to the highest bidder away from the U. Personally, I don't get knotted up coming to the board as I use to when Golden was sinking the ship, as he took major water with Clemson. Now, that we're sailing undefeated with the replacement coach, why don't we all reflect and, come all together here melting pot and all, well, why don't we just all get....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBDB3kSxW34

still Larry should fire NO D. Kind of shocked he didn't take off with his buddy ,I guess he has know loyalty to AG

Advertisement
Is calling someone a "potato" a personal insult? Serious question.

I would argue that's its not. I think its self deprecating. Seems like most old guys use it as an insult when they don't realize old guys using internet terms the wrong way are the very definition of a potato.

Its kind of like the Chappelle's blind klansman skit.

I endorse this message. I think you should make them buy back onto the site. Like a curse word jar.

Advertisement

It's dumb and we've let it slide in the past, but personally I would like to put an end to it.

It adds nothing and it's not funny.

D is right. I was ticketed for calling a Fool an "*** Clown." It was not funny...and I am very sorry for my conduct!

If I change my avatar or signature to..."your an *** clown" would that be considered an insult?

I wont technically be be calling anyone an *** CLOWN would I?

Just want to make sure I dont get in trouble for saying *** CLOWN

while I am asking...technically *** is not considered a "bad word" so would *** even fall under an "insult"?

i am working my tail off to get this right because at the end of the day...it falls on me

Last edited by a moderator:

It that personal insults to posters? Can we still call coaches and such insulting names? We still have work to done on unwanted candidates.

Off topic but I am confused. If I am trying to join the Democratic party, is the Polar bear the bad guy because it is white? Or the good guy because of it being a poor victim of "man caused" climate change'? And I really not sure what to think of that seal.

Also, for the Republicans, to join your gang, do I get to shoot one of them? Or do I need to shoot both? Do does PC require me to turn away and pretend nothing happened.

Dang this is hard. As a Southerner it is so easy. Shoot the seal and leave it as bait to get the bear out of the water. Then kill the bear -- not as a bear, but as another frigging Yankee. Get it? No white bears down south. This way you don't have to use your bear tag plus there never has been no limit on Yankees.

Oh crap. D is a generic insult like Yankee considered a personal insult if not directed at a particular person?

Advertisement
Man it's so funny to see all the guys on here who use insults in place of facts when pushing their opinions scrambling.

Advertisement
the moral pundits i swear. Just to clarify...this is an internet forum...its fun...its meant to be that. This is not CNN or a presidential debate. i agree that if someone is going all in on someone else (i.e., excessive harassment like DBC would get on other forums) that should be handled and addressed. But the general smack talking, name calling. that is funny to me. and no I am not 14 , I am an accomplished professional with a PhD. Last thing I want to do is find more censorship on a forum that is suppose to be fun. that is why most of us come on here. Some I think take this whole forum and moderation business just a bit too far. People who have never had power dont know how to act when they are given some.

For example, how does my urinal womens bathroom post warrant an insult infraction? I really want to hear the thinking behind that. this is so subjective and biased...similar to the CFB rankings

It's dumb and we've let it slide in the past, but personally I would like to put an end to it.

D is right. I was ticketed for calling a Fool an "*** Clown." It was not funny...and I am very sorry for my conduct!

If I change my avatar or signature to..."your an *** clown" would that be considered an insult?

while I am asking...technically *** is not considered a "bad word" so would *** even fall under an "insult"?

i am working my tail off to get this right because at the end of the day...it falls on me

When I made that horrible mistake, "I was Rising to the Occasion." I was wrong.

I should have "Trusted My Training."

I now know what Unity Beats Adversity!

When I made that horrible mistake, "I was Rising to the Occasion." I was wrong.

I should have "Trusted My Training."

I now know what Unity Beats Adversity!
thats it...I need to lean on the pillars of morality and success

the moral pundits i swear. Just to clarify...this is an internet forum...its fun...its meant to be that. This is not CNN or a presidential debate. i agree that if someone is going all in on someone else (i.e., excessive harassment like DBC would get on other forums) that should be handled and addressed. But the general smack talking, name calling. that is funny to me. and no I am not 14 , I am an accomplished professional with a PhD. Last thing I want to do is find more censorship on a forum that is suppose to be fun. that is why most of us come on here. Some I think take this whole forum and moderation business just a bit too far. People who have never had power dont know how to act when they are given some.

For example, how does my urinal womens bathroom post warrant an insult infraction? I really want to hear the thinking behind that. this is so subjective and biased...similar to the CFB rankings

100%

I award you the coveted "potato got pancaked" award of tolerant belligerence.

Advertisement
Back