Golden Showers

the moral pundits i swear. Just to clarify...this is an internet forum...its fun...its meant to be that. This is not CNN or a presidential debate. i agree that if someone is going all in on someone else (i.e., excessive harassment like DBC would get on other forums) that should be handled and addressed. But the general smack talking, name calling. that is funny to me. and no I am not 14 , I am an accomplished professional with a PhD. Last thing I want to do is find more censorship on a forum that is suppose to be fun. that is why most of us come on here. Some I think take this whole forum and moderation business just a bit too far. People who have never had power dont know how to act when they are given some.

For example, how does my urinal womens bathroom post warrant an insult infraction? I really want to hear the thinking behind that. this is so subjective and biased...similar to the CFB rankings

You know you can still say that stuff to people in real life, right?

Advertisement
He got his third infraction for personal insults in a month. It's an automatic seven-day ban, and then he's back.

We are trying to crack down on personal insults now that Golden is gone. For a while, things were so crazy that it was impossible to really enforce the rules. This is a good time to focus on football and get away from the "you're an idiot" posts.

I would ask you reconsider, as properly identifying something is not insulting, but just grammatically descriptive and accurate.

If a water buffalo posted, and I called him a water buffalo - I'm not insulting - I'm just trying to be accurate.

We have a number of full-blown, genetically proven, dyed-in-the-wool idiots who then go on the provide further verification by saying some of the most retarded things conceivable. In the interest of accuracy alone, I beg you reconsider.

Retards. We have a number of them too, who consistently exemplify the IQ of a nutty squirrel ****. They're the easy ones to spot - all Mario supporters.

But.

If you insist . . . OK.

This is a very good decision. The name calling is 3rd grade.

He got his third infraction for personal insults in a month. It's an automatic seven-day ban, and then he's back.

We are trying to crack down on personal insults now that Golden is gone. For a while, things were so crazy that it was impossible to really enforce the rules. This is a good time to focus on football and get away from the "you're an idiot" posts.

Best four years of my life.

Is calling someone a "potato" a personal insult? Serious question.

I have never gotten the whole "potato" comment? What does that even mean. I would like to form my own opinion on whether or not I think that it is funny.

person over 30 acting 21

That's one definition. There's another where it means you're mentally disabled.

It comes from that Johnny Knoxville movie where the guy pretends to be retarded so that he can compete in special olympics. There's a line in there where he says "I can count to potato." 4chan ran with it.

Advertisement
photo-of-the-day-would-you-buy-these-*****-shaped-potatoes.jpg

Is calling someone a "potato" a personal insult? Serious question.

I have never gotten the whole "potato" comment? What does that even mean. I would like to form my own opinion on whether or not I think that it is funny.

person over 30 acting 21

That's one definition. There's another where it means you're mentally disabled.

It comes from that Johnny Knoxville movie where the guy pretends to be retarded so that he can compete in special olympics. There's a line in there where he says "I can count to potato." 4chan ran with it.

I don't get it. Why should the ability to count to potato be consider a sign of stupidity? For instance, I can count to eggplant but I don't brag on it.

Thank you!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back