Golden says EJ needs to grow up

No matter how talented you are, if you are continuously putting yourself in a position where you dont play, you are of no use to the team, specially with tight scholies.

As long as cats like Highsmith, Rodgers, Ambrister, Swasey, Cornelius, and whoever else are taking up scholarships, he should be ok.

Irrelevant.

Exactly. If anything, those squandered scholarships make the limited remaining all the more important, and unavailable to guys who continue to put themselves before the team.

Correct.

Advertisement
ok, im going to stop ******* around.

EJ is our best LB, but he needs to get his **** together clearly, but at the same time, you can't bench our guys with nasty attitudes because they got a bull**** personal foul or whatever it was for talking ****.

No, Perryman is our best LB, but EJ has the potential to be very good if he gets his head on straight. If not, I have no problem with him no longer being a part of this program. It would suck, but it would be the right decision if he can't live within the rules.

ok, im going to stop ******* around.

EJ is our best LB, but he needs to get his **** together clearly, but at the same time, you can't bench our guys with nasty attitudes because they got a bull**** personal foul or whatever it was for talking ****.

Your taking that "suspended for personal foul" as being truth from a poster who was watching from the stands as what he actually been suspended for. You can't be that naive.... can you?

He needs to get his crap together! If he is doing the same thing over and over again he isnt learning, and he might have to be let go.

Advertisement
ok, im going to stop ****ing around.

Is that why he missed this game?

Maybe he needs to put the team first and cut all the bull ****.

Eddie Johnson is America's Nightmare...young, black, and doesn't give a ****.

Some of you are making some crazy speculative opinions. Just because he got suspended it doesn't mean he is a "cancer". Dude obviously screwed up and the team should be able to rely on him but you don't even know what he got suspended for. He could have been late for a **** team meeting. The guy is a **** stud and our defense is better when he is playing. Hopefully he does what golden said and grows up.

Some of you are making some crazy speculative opinions. Just because he got suspended it doesn't mean he is a "cancer". Dude obviously screwed up and the team should be able to rely on him but you don't even know what he got suspended for. He could have been late for a **** team meeting. The guy is a **** stud and our defense is better when he is playing. Hopefully he does what golden said and grows up.

He missed a team meeting before the UVA game, and that's why he was suspended then. No idea why he was suspended today.

Advertisement

He missed a team meeting before the UVA game, and that's why he was suspended then. No idea why he was suspended today.

Yup.

The specific reason does not matter all that much. The fact that he has been suspended for multiple games is more than enough reason to express extreme disappointment in his immaturity and selfishness.

The specific reason does not matter all that much. The fact that he has been suspended for multiple games is more than enough reason to express extreme disappointment in his immaturity and selfishness.

Agreed. My point was, the poster I quoted said, "He could have been late for a **** team meeting" while that's exactly what he did...well, actually missed it altogether.

Just the crazy rage of an angry teenager...nothing can change him back, gangsta rap made him act, like a maniac.

Advertisement
Was it ever confirmed why he was suspended for the uva game? I know Golden said it was football related. I heard posters on here say it was a practice he missed, and now it was a meeting? Im hoping it was that. I really dont have any idea what the coaching staff or schools disciplinary actions are. I mean i dont recall the last time we had a player that does the **** talking that EJ does. Its just kind of odd when u c every gator player do it after every play, and u only seen it frm 1 of our guys in the last x years. Frm everything u hear, it wud seem that its frownd upon here, but i guess it's all speculative crap. Just really hope he wasnt suspended for his actions on the field.

Advertisement
No matter how talented you are, if you are continuously putting yourself in a position where you dont play, you are of no use to the team, specially with tight scholies.

As long as cats like Highsmith, Rodgers, Ambrister, Swasey, Cornelius, and whoever else are taking up scholarships, he should be ok.

You are missing the point...at least those "Cats" actually play, and have a good attitude. A cancer who doesnt play gets thrown off the team.

I don't care about their good attitude, because they suck when they are on the field.

You are funny, this is the type of attitude that got us where we are today. Was Johnson here pre Golden? No, and he was not even highly recruited. I trust they can find and develop another EJ, like they found him! Remember he had to redshirt unlike a lot of others on the team.

Does it matter why he was suspended? Al would not have suspended him if it was not for something critical! Let's trust the coach and not back kids that put themselves before the team. Again, that's what have us where we are today as a program! Get rid of it!

Jimmy Johnson used to say an athlete's most important attribute is "availability". If you aren't available to play, nothing else matters.

Advertisement
Back