Golden says EJ needs to grow up

Problem2

All-American
Premium
DURHAM, N.C. — The offseason came early for Miami's second-leading tackler.

Linebacker Eddie Johnson was left home for the second time in three games for violating team rules. He also missed the Nov. 10 loss at Virginia for a separate issue. With Gionni Paul starting in his place, Miami allowed 583 yards, the fifth most in school history, while escaping with a 52-45 win at Duke.

"I'm disappointed that he's not doing the things he needs to do," coach Al Golden said. "It's not really my decision. It's his decision and it's the team's decision. Hopefully it will give him a chance to appreciate what he has, be grateful and accountable to his teammates and really grow up. I'm hoping that he will do that."

Fellow linebackers Denzel Perryman and Jimmy Gaines said they didn't know what occurred to leave Johnson in Coral Gables.

"What Eddie does — that's our brother and we love him — but we just control what we can control," said Gaines, whose nine tackles trailed only Perryman's 11.

Perryman said they just "need to talk to him."

"I'm not saying a lot of us don't have obstacles in our life," Perryman said. "But at the same time, you have to fight through it

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...notes-1125-20121124,0,3613465.story?track=rss

Doesn't look like he's done (unless he wants to leave), but **** dude needs counseling or something lol

Advertisement
No matter how talented you are, if you are continuously putting yourself in a position where you dont play, you are of no use to the team, specially with tight scholies.

No matter how talented you are, if you are continuously putting yourself in a position where you dont play, you are of no use to the team, specially with tight scholies.

As long as cats like Highsmith, Rodgers, Ambrister, Swasey, Cornelius, and whoever else are taking up scholarships, he should be ok.

Advertisement

As long as cats like Highsmith, Rodgers, Ambrister, Swasey, Cornelius, and whoever else are taking up scholarships, he should be ok.

Swasey is the son of a UM employee that has worked there for a decade or more. I don't think he takes up a scholie. I believe he can go to school for free by rule. Now a football scholarship comes with perks, so he still might take one.

All those guys you just cut down because of your obsession with EJ are more valuable to the team because their teammates know that when its time to get on the bus or the plane, they'll be there. Not suspended.

Irrelevant.

Exactly. If anything, those squandered scholarships make the limited remaining all the more important, and unavailable to guys who continue to put themselves before the team.

Advertisement

Swasey is the son of a UM employee that has worked there for a decade or more. I don't think he takes up a scholie. I believe he can go to school for free by rule. Now a football scholarship comes with perks, so he still might take one.

All those guys you just cut down because of your obsession with EJ are more valuable to the team because their teammates know that when its time to get on the bus or the plane, they'll be there. Not suspended.

Yup.

And maybe if Johnson would stop being a dumbass, we wouldn't have had to rely on guys like Armbrister and Cornelius as much today or against Virginia.

Yup.

And maybe if Johnson would stop being a dumbass, we wouldn't have had to rely on guys like Armbrister and Cornelius as much today or against Virginia.

If Golden Values Winning he will still be on the team over those scrubs.

Swasey is a transfer walk on

Advertisement

Yup.

If Eddie actually values playing at a D1 school and get maximum exposure he should start growing the **** up.

Yup.

Anyone who thinks like this has probably never been on or around a football team.

You are missing the point...at least those "Cats" actually play, and have a good attitude. A cancer who doesnt play gets thrown off the team.

Advertisement

You are missing the point...at least those "Cats" actually play, and have a good attitude. A cancer who doesnt play gets thrown off the team.

I don't care about their good attitude, because they suck when they are on the field.

EJ isn't Morgan or Vilma or Lewis or Armstead or Barrow or Darrin Smith. Last time I check he was on the field for plenty of big plays for opposing offenses. So not only wasn't he a game changer on defense he is a bit of a headcase that no one can depend on.

Kelvin Cain doesn't report for a game and finds his way back on the field and EJ gets suspended twice in the final 3 games. Guy is wasting his chance.

Advertisement
Back