Golden says EJ needs to grow up

Advertisement
No, Perryman is our best LB, but EJ has the potential to be very good if he gets his head on straight. If not, I have no problem with him no longer being a part of this program. It would suck, but it would be the right decision if he can't live within the rules.

This

Wouldn't be surprised at all if having to deal with this **** repeatedly is having an impact on the staff's decision to pursue "questionable" fan favorite recruits. (I'm thinking about a certain WR and LB as I type this). This stuff has big implications on the rest of the team. Everyone blaming Golden or making excuses for EJ are clueless, IMO.

No one player is bigger than the program. Hopefully Eddie can harness his rage and darkness and use it on the field as tacklin fuel.

Advertisement
No matter how talented you are if you are continuously putting yourself in a position where you dont play, you are of no use to the team, specially with tight scholies.

Jimmy Johnson used to say an athlete's most important attribute is "availability". If you aren't available to play, nothing else matters.

Jimmy Johnson also made it clear good players had a different set of rules and leniency than everyone else

No matter how talented you are if you are continuously putting yourself in a position where you dont play, you are of no use to the team, specially with tight scholies.

Jimmy Johnson used to say an athlete's most important attribute is "availability". If you aren't available to play, nothing else matters.

Jimmy Johnson also made it clear good players had a different set of rules and leniency than everyone else

That isn't how Golden rolls though. He thinks the leaders on the field, should be the leaders off as well. Time for the kid to grow up.

That isn't how Golden rolls though. He thinks the leaders on the field, should be the leaders off as well. Time for the kid to grow up.

He needs to be flexible. I don't know the specifics of this situation, so I can't comment. But, he needs to use his psychology degree to produce positive results. He recruits flawed human beings. He doesn't recruit robots. I'm all for his approach as you try to implement a culture, but once 90% of the program (including staff, administration, etc.) act within that culture, every single successful executive/manager/CEO has to be flexible to produce optimal results.

Advertisement
EJ is a goon. We need goons. We need goons that keep their nose clean off the field and wreck a ***** on it. EJ needs to keep his nose clean off the field.

He needs to be flexible. I don't know the specifics of this situation, so I can't comment. But, he needs to use his psychology degree to produce positive results. He recruits flawed human beings. He doesn't recruit robots. I'm all for his approach as you try to implement a culture, but once 90% of the program (including staff, administration, etc.) act within that culture, every single successful executive/manager/CEO has to be flexible to produce optimal results.

Until he has the culture drilled in and this team matures (JR/SR) I don't think you will see this. From what little we have heard seems like EJ is being sent a message he hasn't received.

EJ is a goon. We need goons. We need goons that keep their nose clean off the field and wreck a **** on it. EJ needs to keep his nose clean off the field.

I didn't know goons missed breakfast. I know the kid has a ***** loose but it is on the kid at some point too.

Ideally, a team works like fingers on a hand, without a lot of thinking.

You need all ten, all the time.

Advertisement

He isnt that good where we can be lenient with him... He isnt a superstar... Yea he hits hard but he isnt some star that should be given a break... We can find production from another backer to feel EJ's role... Some of you act as if he is Vilma, Lewis, Morgan, or Barrow... Heck he isnt even T-Good... The kid needs to grow up... He has potential but he thinks he's better than he truly is...

Advertisement
Back