Golden ranked as 14th worst coach in Power 5 Conferences

Problem2

All-American
Premium
52. Al Golden, Miami: He’s had to deal with NCAA sanctions and that bought him some time, but Golden heads into 2015 on one of the hottest seats in the country.

Golden is only ahead of three ACC coaches in this list: Pat Narduzzi who is ranked 63rd (mostly because he’s never been a head coach), Mike London who is ranked 60th, and Dave Clawson who is ranked right above (or below) Al Golden at 53rd.

So according to this list, Miami has the 4th worst coach in the conference, and is only ahead of coaches from Pittsburgh, Virginia and Wake Forest. .

http://caneswarning.com/2015/04/14/...-52nd-ranked-coach-in-power-five-conferences/

Just show Julio this :q3XKXeX:

Advertisement
Mike London rated below him but OWNS Golden. **** even Clawson has his team more relatively competitive when you take in to account inherent talent inequalities.

So in reality he is probably 13th, and the one worse than him is more of an "incomplete" than anything else. Brilliant.

You get what you pay for in Life! UM doesn't pay going rates to HC's and to position coaches...

Advertisement
Wait, there are coaches with jobs rank worse than Al? He has 2nd or 3rd best talent in ACC and I think he has been beat by every coach in conference. Even Harvard would had fired him.

Advertisement
Golden should be lower. Sumlin is so overrated. What the **** has he done again?

Yeah, wins are nice but I prefer pillars , core values and binders.

Everything else is overrated.

Im having trouble believing there are 13 coaches currently employed at Power 5 skools that are worse than pyrite.

Advertisement
Total Bull****.

There's no way on earth there are 13 coaches worse than him. If talent and schedule were factored into this study he's BY FAR the absolute worst coach in the country. I bet you none of the 13 rated below him had more guys drafted.

I heard last year he was ranked the 10th worst coach in the power 5 conferences.

So....much like our defense....he has shown tremendous improvement. Shows that if you trust in the process and ignore the noise, good things happen.

Advertisement
Lists like this are devised of archaic metrics for success like win-loss records. Enlightened people give no credence to a list like that because it doesn't reflect current and relevant measures of success like effort, happiness and helping players become solid citizens. Coach Al Golden would be at the top of any list not compiled by a cro magnon.

Last edited:
Looks like all the C A G/UM haters got more egg on their faces. C A G is in the top half of D1 HCs at 53. Meanwhile, the UM haters claim he's the worst.

C A G is in the top half according to antiquated measures of success and a distant first in the new metrics of modern day success.

Advertisement
Back