Golden Presser

kanecrazed

Recruit
I found a comment made yesterday by Golden at the press conference to be interesting.

Golden said once James Coley was hired as the OC, he made the decision not to send him into the same high schools he was recruiting for FSu to recruit for us. Golden said it wouldnt had been right, and didnt want to create an awkward situation for Coley. He said they had Coley recruit "neutral" players instead.

My question is, if Jedd had gone to FSu to be their OC, would Jumbo have done the same thing? Im thinking not.

Class move if you ask me.

Advertisement
Tells me FSU was going very negative in schools toward us and Al wasn't about to have Coley try to take those statements back.

It would have caused the kids Coley was recruiting to look at him sideways. One day he's singing the praises of FSU and the next he's singing the praises of Miami. That probably wouldn't sit well with me if I or my kid was getting recruited.

I can say why you say its classy, but its smart also

Kids would have been looking at Cooley very strange. Like didnt you love FSU 2 weeks ago and now you want me to be a Hurricane???

Advertisement
I posted about this a couple weeks ago and my question went unanswered until yesterday's presser. I guess that means I'm starting to think like Golden. :)

Big Sky Cane - 01-27-2013, 03:35 PM Edit Reply
I'm curious to see what targets Golden is having Coley actively recruit. I haven't seen any reports from recruits that they've talked to Coley since the hire. Pete.....have you heard from any 13 recruits that they've talked to him since the hire?

I wonder if Golden is having him specifically target 2014 kids, with the risk of Coley sounding like a hypocrite with the 2013 recruits. I'm sure he's available to talk to the 2013 kids, but I wonder if he's actively recruiting.

Freet said in a tweet that he is "out recruiting" and that is why they aren't having a presser but that seems a bit odd to me. Maybe Coley didn't want to face a bunch of questions about why he left FSU for Miami out of respect for his alma mater.

Thoughts?

Coley was always a hire to be a hound dog for us in 2014 and beyond. Not 2013.

Advertisement
Back