Kayaa pass
Duke rush 2yd
Kayaa pass

Kayaa pass middle 20 yds
Duke rush 5
Duke rush 7
Yearby rush 6
Yearby rush 3
Kayaa pass deep ball to coley bad pass...
Kayaa pass

Duke rush 6
Duke rush 4
Duke rush -1
Kayaa 33 yd pass... Fumbled

Duke rush 7
Duke rush 28
Kayaa pass
Yearby 6
Yearby 4
Kayaa pass
Duke rush 1
Kayaa pass
Fg

Johnson -1
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass

Kayaa pass
Duke run
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass
Yearby run
Pass
Pass

Let off pedal???? Like i said think of something else or rewatch the game and step back for a minute before playing the blame game

Discuss please we call these facts

Advertisement
I looked back on what we did on 1st and 10 for the game.

In the first eleven 1st and 10's of the game, we went 7 pass, 4 rush. Those 7 passes went for 129 yards. 23-7 lead. FSU was keyed in on Duke and we were making them pay. As Herbstreit said, Coley seemed to be a step ahead of FSU that whole first half.

In the 2nd half, when we were up 23-10, there were five straight 1st and 10's when we ran it. By the time the next 1st and 10 pass was thrown, it was 23-20. To me, it seemed very predictable, especially with our coach's conservative mentality.

In the first eleven 1st and 10's of the game, we went 7 pass, 4 rush. Those 7 passes went for 129 yards. 23-7 lead. FSU was keyed in on Duke and we were making them pay. As Herbstreit said, Coley seemed to be a step ahead of FSU that whole first half.

In the 2nd half, when we were up 23-10, there were five straight 1st and 10's when we ran it. By the time the next 1st and 10 pass was thrown, it was 23-20. To me, it seemed very predictable, especially with our coach's conservative mentality.

We threw on 5 1st downs in the 2nd half prior to the last drive. We ran on 6. We were 1-5 on those 5 first down passes. Kaaya was off in the 2nd half. Throwing more would have just led to more incompletions and them taking the lead earlier than they did. It would have also led to a bunch of complaining on here that we didn't pound the rock with Duke and burn clock

Can u provide what happened on those 1 st down runs? Just to say we ran more doesn't mean anything. I don't know the answer but if the runs were successful than what is the problem

Advertisement
I just posted the play by play bud no need to look into it anymore thanks though happy to bring facts

There were so many FSU fans **** was crazy....felt like dropping that in .....but yea fly the ******* banner!!!!!

Advertisement
2nd half

Brad kayaa pass
Duke johnson rush 10 yds
Kayaa pass
Duke rush 2yd
Kayaa pass - (Coley was wide open deep) around the 30.

Kayaa pass middle 20 yds
Duke rush 5
Duke rush 7
Yearby rush 6
Yearby rush 3
Kayaa pass - batted pass (could've been 1st near the 40)

Duke rush 6
Duke rush 4
Duke rush -1

Duke rush 7
Duke rush 28
Kayaa pass (batted - yearby wide open)
Yearby 6
Yearby 4
Kayaa pass (batted - dobard would've caught at 15 wide open)
Duke rush 1
Kayaa pass
Fg

Johnson -1
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass

Kayaa pass
Duke run
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass
Yearby run
Pass
Pass

Let off pedal???? Like i said think of something else or rewatch the game and step back for a minute before playing the blame game

A number of missed opportunities, wouldn't say let off the pedal. The miss to Coley on the first drive of the 2nd half. Batted passes that could've been big plays in plus territory.

2nd half

Brad kayaa pass
Duke johnson rush 10 yds
Kayaa pass
Duke rush 2yd
Kayaa pass

Kayaa pass middle 20 yds
Duke rush 5
Duke rush 7
Yearby rush 6
Yearby rush 3
Kayaa pass

Duke rush 6
Duke rush 4
Duke rush -1

Duke rush 7
Duke rush 28
Kayaa pass
Yearby 6
Yearby 4
Kayaa pass
Duke rush 1
Kayaa pass
Fg

Johnson -1
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass

Kayaa pass
Duke run
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass
Yearby run
Pass
Pass

Since you're throwing this up in multiple threads, I suppose I'll throw my comment in accordingly:

This doesn't prove absolutely anything without context. As an example, we could have come out and thrown the ball every single play of the 2nd half. But, if each one of those was a shovel pass out of a goal line formation, your ESPN play-by-play copy and paste would be misleading.

I'm conveying my point through hyperbole with the simple point you'll understand that an empty copy and paste without the explanation of what we were attacking (or NOT attacking vis-a-vis the 1st half, as a comparison), is flawed.

As LuCane so accurately explained, which was going to be my response, and still is. It is not necessarily that we passed, it is the design of the pass plays to go along with the heavier run on first down that we saw in the second half. Safer first read pass play options that allowed for the opportunity, which happened for a lot more batted balls thus putting you in worse situations in down and distance.

Fact of the matter is, I have heard now on radio and we even heard it during the game from the ACTUAL ANALYST HERBSTREIT, second half play calling was conservative, playing it safe, trying to not to lose play calling, and as has always happened throughout the history of sports, most often than not, you will lose and we did because of it, putting the pressure on a defense, that has played well, but is not a dominant win the game for you defense against that caliber a team. It is why, as a former supporter of Golden, I am not and wish him gone. He is of the mentality of a lot of average coaches, play it safe, bend don't break, trying not to ***** up instead of aggressively trying to win.

On a side note, was it me or did it look like Stacey Coley had his head up his *** the whole game?

Advertisement
2nd half

Brad kayaa pass
Duke johnson rush 10 yds
Kayaa pass
Duke rush 2yd
Kayaa pass

Kayaa pass middle 20 yds
Duke rush 5
Duke rush 7
Yearby rush 6
Yearby rush 3
Kayaa pass

Duke rush 6
Duke rush 4
Duke rush -1

Duke rush 7
Duke rush 28
Kayaa pass
Yearby 6
Yearby 4
Kayaa pass
Duke rush 1
Kayaa pass
Fg

Johnson -1
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass

Kayaa pass
Duke run
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass
Kayaa pass
Yearby run
Pass
Pass

Since you're throwing this up in multiple threads, I suppose I'll throw my comment in accordingly:

This doesn't prove absolutely anything without context. As an example, we could have come out and thrown the ball every single play of the 2nd half. But, if each one of those was a shovel pass out of a goal line formation, your ESPN play-by-play copy and paste would be misleading.

I'm conveying my point through hyperbole with the simple point you'll understand that an empty copy and paste without the explanation of what we were attacking (or NOT attacking vis-a-vis the 1st half, as a comparison), is flawed.

Nearly impossible to tell since half the passes in the 2nd half got batted down at the line

After looking at it again, I don't think we got conservative.

The running game was working fine, so you can't be mad at that.

I just think Coley Montana made ****** adjustments. FSU started taking away the middle of the field and we didn't answer.

I just think Coley Montana made ****ty adjustments. FSU started taking away the middle of the field and we didn't answer.

To me, it was the recruiting failures the past few years that reared their head in the second half. Obviously, I think we tightened up a little bit in the second--but I don't have a problem with trying to use the running game to wear down a team in the second half. Usually leads to a slowish third quarter, but then by the fourth, they are worn out and you can pile on the points. Alabama has been winning championships doing that for years now. But two problems emerged: one, Duke disappointed me by continually coming out of the game. But whatever. If Golden hadn't been a failure at recruiting RB's, we could have had Dalvin Cook, Sony Michel, or Alex Collins toting the rock and wearing down the FSU D while picking up chunks of yards. Instead we had Joe Yearby. Who may be good a few years from now but couldn't get it done last night.

Advertisement

I just think Coley Montana made ****ty adjustments. FSU started taking away the middle of the field and we didn't answer.

To me, it was the recruiting failures the past few years that reared their head in the second half. Obviously, I think we tightened up a little bit in the second--but I don't have a problem with trying to use the running game to wear down a team in the second half. Usually leads to a slowish third quarter, but then by the fourth, they are worn out and you can pile on the points. Alabama has been winning championships doing that for years now. But two problems emerged: one, Duke disappointed me by continually coming out of the game. But whatever. If Golden hadn't been a failure at recruiting RB's, we could have had Dalvin Cook, Sony Michel, or Alex Collins toting the rock and wearing down the FSU D while picking up chunks of yards. Instead we had Joe Yearby. Who may be good a few years from now but couldn't get it done last night.

This, plus Fentress on the back end.

That should NEVER happen.

I just think Coley Montana made ****** adjustments. FSU started taking away the middle of the field and we didn't answer.

Meh. Like I told you over the text, whatever the underlying reason - didn't have more plays prepared, wasn't ready for the next adjustment, etc. - it all goes back to not attacking the field the same way. And, that ends up in "holding on." And, "holding on" often ends up in an "L."

Advertisement
Back